Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

Chargers Week 11: 22/35 268 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 21 yards.

Panthers Week 12: 28/42 310 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 36 yards.

Jets Week 13: 28/43 331 yards 2/1 and 3 rushes for 22 yards.

Steelers Week 14: 20/33 200 yards 3/1 (With horrible weather conditions) and 5 rushes for 56 yards.

Pats Week 15: 25/37 312 yards 3/0 and 1 rush for -1.

Total: 1,421 yards 10/3 and 17 rushes for 134 yards.

Beating Brady, Roth, and Rivers (and should of beat cam)

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's playing behind a terrible oline (which has been playing a lot better) but that to me is a true sign of a franchise qb!

So huge props to T-Hill and his success this year, its a great time to be a dolphins fan knowing that we have finally found our franchise qb and have something to build off of in the future!!!

LETS KEEP IT ROLLING!!!!!!
FINS UP!!

this is why we don't just look at #s, he wasn't very good at NYJ or at Pitt. Numbers VERY misleading, he was excellent yesterday though. Carolina, only led O to 16 pts and zero in 2nd half. if not for blocked FG his INT would have led to 3 pts.

Most importantly he played really well in your biggest game yesterday but don't be fooled by nice #s.

this is why we don't just look at #s, he wasn't very good at NYJ or at Pitt. Numbers VERY misleading, he was excellent yesterday though. Carolina, only led O to 16 pts and zero in 2nd half. if not for blocked FG his INT would have led to 3 pts.

Most importantly he played really well in your biggest game yesterday but don't be fooled by nice #s.

Only one stat ultimately matters. Wins baby!

It's not like he's picking games from week 2, wee, 5, week 10, etc. The last five games are obviously CONSECUTIVE games. That's the most important thing because it shows that he is showing in-season improvement. And actually, if you go back 2 more games, Tannehill's stats have been at a pro bowl level in the last 7 games. He is the main reason that we are 5-2 in our last 7.

No he is not, he was a huge reason you won yesterday(along w/ a great defensive effort) but last 5 wins:

Cincy: D scored 9 pts including GW safety in OT
SD: played well but D heled SD to 16 pts
NYJ: D shut us down, WRs made big plays. Ryan kept us in that game
Pitt: INT for TD, kept Pitt in game. D shut down Pitt 4 and out after Mia took the lead after a great long run and a great individual effort on a short pass.

I'm all about put up or shut up.

If we can manage to win out, then we'll talk. I've got all sorts of confidence in Tannehill,
but at the same time, I don't know about this team in general.

IF Tannehill can overcome adversity and reach the playoffs this year, I'll be happy.

Absolutely. The defense scares the hell out of me. But since this thread is about RT...

No he is not, he was a huge reason you won yesterday(along w/ a great defensive effort) but last 5 wins:

Pitt: INT for TD, kept Pitt in game. D shut down Pitt 4 and out after Mia took the lead after a great long run and a great individual effort on a short pass.

And THAT is why it's very important not to get too high after a win. It can cloud reality.

He still needs to be consistent and improve. LOTS of room for improvements.

And THAT is why it's very important not to get too high after a win. It can cloud reality.

He still needs to be consistent and improve. LOTS of room for improvements.

the good news is he still had good moments and you were finding ways to win those games, if he played yesterday like he did against us and Pitt there is no way you win. he brought his best and it was perfect timing.

Cincy: After the Bengals kicked a go-ahead field goal with 1:43 remaining, Tannehill led a 9-play, 50-yard drive to set up a game-tying field goal with 11 seconds left, sending the game to overtime. Tannehill was 5-for-7 for 50 yards on final driveAlso, did not turn the ball over all game.

SD: Wasn't as impressive as the other games, but did just enough to win. Led the team to a field goal in the middle of the 4th quarter to take a 4-point lead. That drive can't be understated, as SD would have kicked a game winning field goal on final drive, but had to go for a TD instead, but Rivers' final pass was batted down by Grimes in the end zone to secure the win

NYJ: I admit, his first half was BRUTAL, but he came out in the 2nd half to throw 2 TDs, not that he really had to do anything that game because the Jets are so inept.

PIT: He did throw a pick 6, but ensuing possession, Tannehill leads 7 play, 71-yard drive in 3:13 capped by a TD pass to Hartline (RT is 3-5 for 50 yards on drive). Also, after PIT took early 4th quarter lead, Tannehill completed all 3 of his passes for 25 yards on go ahead TD with 4:39 remaining.

My point is, with all the times you can point to the defense for big plays, you can point to just as many clutch moments for Tannehill. Some games, like vs. San Diego, he does just enough to win, some games, like vs. Pitt, he overcomes adversity to get the W, some games, like vs. NYJ, he doesn't have to do much of anything because the other team can screw up a wet dream, and some games, like vs. New England, he dominates and plays better than a future Hall of Famer.

lol really? has the word *H8ter* really become a word you have to use around here that it involves finding new ways to spell it? lighten up francis, calling someone a hater is just another way of saying you can't agree to disagree with someone else's viewpoint. If we're all fans we don't need to draw lines in the sand and perform the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" childishness. Grow up.

Cincy: After the Bengals kicked a go-ahead field goal with 1:43 remaining, Tannehill led a 9-play, 50-yard drive to set up a game-tying field goal with 11 seconds left, sending the game to overtime. Tannehill was 5-for-7 for 50 yards on final driveAlso, did not turn the ball over all game.

SD: Wasn't as impressive as the other games, but did just enough to win. Led the team to a field goal in the middle of the 4th quarter to take a 4-point lead. That drive can't be understated, as SD would have kicked a game winning field goal on final drive, but had to go for a TD instead, but Rivers' final pass was batted down by Grimes in the end zone to secure the win

NYJ: I admit, his first half was BRUTAL, but he came out in the 2nd half to throw 2 TDs, not that he really had to do anything that game because the Jets are so inept.

PIT: He did throw a pick 6, but ensuing possession, Tannehill leads 7 play, 71-yard drive in 3:13 capped by a TD pass to Hartline (RT is 3-5 for 50 yards on drive). Also, after PIT took early 4th quarter lead, Tannehill completed all 3 of his passes for 25 yards on go ahead TD with 4:39 remaining.

My point is, with all the times you can point to the defense for big plays, you can point to just as many clutch moments for Tannehill. Some games, like vs. San Diego, he does just enough to win, some games, like vs. Pitt, he overcomes adversity to get the W, some games, like vs. NYJ, he doesn't have to do much of anything because the other team can screw up a wet dream, and some games, like vs. New England, he dominates and plays better than a future Hall of Famer.

Cin: they don't have a chance if their D didn't score a TD then in OT the D won it.

NYJ: the 2 TDs against us were all Hartline & Wallace, Ryan had a mediocre at best game.

Pitt: nice job to bounce back from the pick 6 but w/o that you cruise to victory and the GW drive was the result of a 60 yd run and a great individual effort on a shirt pass to Clay.

He wasn't bad in those games but not nearly as good as the #s. yesterday he was REALLY, REALLY good and a main reason you won.

lol really? has the word *H8ter* really become a word you have to use around here that it involves finding new ways to spell it? lighten up francis, calling someone a hater is just another way of saying you can't agree to disagree with someone else's viewpoint. If we're all fans we don't need to draw lines in the sand and perform the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" childishness. Grow up.

Incidentally, in my childlike raz in my last post, I tried twice to change it from "Bradyz" to "Hat8ers" and it wouldn't change it. I actually typed it out
as Errmergerd Ha8ters, and it....whatever "it" is, changed it to "Brady". lol.

Cin: they don't have a chance if their D didn't score a TD then in OT the D won it.

NYJ: the 2 TDs against us were all Hartline & Wallace, Ryan had a mediocre at best game.

Pitt: nice job to bounce back from the pick 6 but w/o that you cruise to victory and the GW drive was the result of a 60 yd run and a great individual effort on a shirt pass to Clay.

He wasn't bad in those games but not nearly as good as the #s. yesterday he was REALLY, REALLY good and a main reason you won.

Fair enough. I agree with your assessment to a certain point. I just feel like some people on this board aren't giving Tannehill enough credit for our recent games. Just like he deserves a majority of the blame for the middle of our season when we looked dead in the water, he deserves a lot of the credit for our recent winning ways.

Incidentally, in my childlike raz in my last post, I tried twice to change it from "Bradyz" to "Hat8ers" and it wouldn't change it. I actually typed it out
as Errmergerd Ha8ters, and it....whatever "it" is, changed it to "Brady". lol.
I changed it because I think 1.) it turns something obviously meant to insult others into a joke, and 2.) to really show people how little that word adds to a discussion.

Back
Top Bottom