Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades

He was talking about the NFL in general. Not specifically Miami

Thought I was the only one that got that but let's over react on Finheaven again..

I heard and interpreted it the same way also. What to me was interesting was his math calculation leading to 1200 players released as teams pare down to roster size.. and the implication that he and Grier will be on top of those cuts trying to harvest some diamonds in the rough. That's what I got out of it.

It's gonna be a marginal if anything sorry an expendable. I'm gonna say Terrence Fede

Although he might have killed any trade player for player value he had tonight

It's gonna be a marginal if anything sorry an expendable. I'm gonna say Terrence Fede

Although he might have killed any trade player for player value he had tonight
A Chris McCain like trade is the most likely to happen

A Chris McCain like trade is the most likely to happen

Probably. This teams paper thin at tackle paper thin at qb paper thin at boundary corner I still don't know who the backup slot is paper thin at lb although after a slow start tonight Timmons was a godsend.

Godchaux though yeah today was when I bought in. That kids playing like he looks. A fire hydrant. Makes dt rotational depth look a lot better. Miami might have really stole one there

Didn't hear what he said, but it's likely bottom of the roster types who might make another team. Think sixth or seventh receiver types for Miami to a team that has depth on the offensive line.

I think Carroo might be traded or Bobby McCain, Aj Hendy, Fede, but last but not least J. James and get replaced by Smith.

Didn't hear what he said, but it's likely bottom of the roster types who might make another team. Think sixth or seventh receiver types for Miami to a team that has depth on the offensive line.

He was talking about roster moves in general around the league, nothing specific about Miami or an individual Miami player. He said with 1,100+ players being cut in one week you're likely going to see a number of player for player trades. Instead of teams waiting to see who gets cut, team A with a surplus of players at one position might swing a player for player deal with team B who has a surplus at another position. In Miami's case I can't think of a position that we have a surplus of talent at that other teams might be will to ask for.

Last edited:
Lol lemme guess, because he's the heart and soul of the team? I don't want the guy gone, but he just happens to be one of the few (maybe only) legitimate trade chips we have. We got talent at receiver, but we are hurting at so many other units.

He is talking about the bottom of the 53 man roster so teams don't have chance losing the player to waiver wire or another team paying more. He isn't talking about trading his 2x pro bowl WR. This isn't baseball where players are plug and play. WRs need to learn playbooks and build chemistry with QBs...I don't know why I even answered this as it's rediculous, and an ignorant idea.

Back
Top Bottom