Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum told the broadcast crew "you're gonna see player for player trades

I really get the feeling Landry isn't long for the team. Parker has clearly taken over the #1 spot, and Stills is the deep threat. If you look at Gase's offenses of the past, that third receiver is utilized far less than our previous offenses.

Denvers Super Bowl team was Thomas (Parker), Sanders (Stills), and Julius Thomas. Other than that, Welker (Landry?) was targeted 2, maybe 3 times a game.

With a contract coming up, is 40 catches a year worth top 10 receiver money?

What we have is an excellent receiving core of young, fast and talented players, 2 that we actually drafted and groomed. Stills is that rare FA that comes in and does a great job and gets rewarded with an extension. I say get Landry done and keep these receivers together for a few years. They are a strong group to build around. Let's go to war with who we have, despite major injuries we're still looking like a pretty scary team on offense. BTW, Jay Cutler looks great in a Dolphin uniform. He's about to have the best season of his life imo.

What we have is an excellent receiving core of young, fast and talented players, 2 that we actually drafted and groomed. Stills is that rare FA that comes in and does a great job and gets rewarded with an extension. I say get Landry done and keep these receivers together for a few years. They are a strong group to build around. Let's go to war with who we have, despite major injuries we're still looking like a pretty scary team on offense. BTW, Jay Cutler looks great in a Dolphin uniform. He's about to have the best season of his life imo.
I love your optimism

Reactions: BSQ
I could see Jorden Phillips on the trading block
so could I if he had any trade worth. what is worse is that a rookie (Godchaux) will now be starting alongside Suh. His ass got beat out this season hands down.

In what football world does trading a playmaking WR for a Guard makes any sense at all???? I don't know what the infatuation with the Guard position is with some Dolphin fans but One Guard will not make or break an offense.

So... Unless we're trading Landry for an entire offensive line...... there's no way in hell I'd trade him for one damn guard. SMDH

You don't know that and neither do I. With rare exception, no player is above being traded. It doesn't matter how much of a fan favorite he is.

It's not about being a fan favorite. It's about his chemistry with Tannehill. He's been RT's go to guy; if they aren't getting rid of Tannehill, they are going to keep Landry (if at least for the franchise tag).

Lol lemme guess, because he's the heart and soul of the team? I don't want the guy gone, but he just happens to be one of the few (maybe only) legitimate trade chips we have. We got talent at receiver, but we are hurting at so many other units.

No because for years I've read on this board that 1) we need to draft skill positions especially at receiver 2) we need to make better 2nd round selections and 3) we need to retain and develop our drafted players.

Now Landry comes along and hits all three of those marks and all of sudden he is trade material. It is just dumbfounding to me to be honest why that is. I understand that signing him next year is no guarantee and that he might command much higher compensation than Miami can accommodate but it's a risk you have to take because he is just too damn good.

If you trade Landry you need to get a guy like Jordan Hicks and that just ain't happenin' outside of Madden.

Seriously who is the backup slot and why didn't verner get any run there last night?

If it's not verner is it mctyer?

Vance Joseph did miracles with the backfield last year looks like with him gone its time to be worried.

Back
Top Bottom