Targets at #11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at #11

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming there is no trade, who do you think the top five targets are at #11. I'll take a bit of a stab.

Guice, RB --- Free agency might be the place to find a complement to Drake, but Guice is certainly interesting and could be in consideration.

Nelson/Brown OL --- I would be somewhat surprised if Miami went offensive line in the first, but if they do these guys would seem like the top two available.

Fitzpatrick, FS --- I think he could go top five, but if he falls I would think the Dolphins pounce.

Smith, OLB --- Smith is most likely a weakside, which probably isn't where Miami will look. His talent, though, is undeniable.

Key, DE -- Is he too risky?

Ferrell, DE --- Not sure if he's declared, but certainly a pass rusher has to be a high priority.

Davenport, DE/OLB -- Another pass rush option.

James, SS --- I think he'll be there, but with Jones and McDonald would Miami bite?

Bryan, DT --- Interesting option. Can he play end? Comparisons out there to JJ Watt.

Mayfield, QB --- Doubt Miami goes quarterback, but you just never know.

Might wanna add deshone Elliott. He's a good looking FS and will be a riser

Smith, James, Fitzpatrick, Wilkins, Ferrell, Andrews, Mayfield, Landry, Bryan, Elliott and Evans in that order, actually at least one of these will likely be there all the way down to, say NO pick. I could see us trading down all the way there. If we lose Landry throw in Ridley, Kirk and DJ Moore. That's 14 names. Plus the positions we're not interested in, we might be better off trading down if we get good value.

Last edited:
Might wanna add deshone Elliott. He's a good looking FS and will be a riser

I like him but I'm having a hard time separating him from Justin Reid. His instincts are better of course but I like Reid better in run support, overall intelligence and as an athlete. I guess I would wait until the second and take the one left from those two. Specially cause someone will take Harrison who I don't think fits here with Reshad since I see no FS or man coverage more like freelancing like Jones.

Smith, James, Fitzpatrick, Wilkins, Ferrell, Andrews, Mayfield, Landry, Bryan, Elliott and Evans in that order, actually at least one of these will likely be there all the way down to, say NO pick. I could see us trading down all the way there. If we lose Landry throw in Ridley, Kirk and DJ Moore. That's 14 names. Plus the positions we're not interested in, we might be better off trading down if we get good value.

I do wonder how far Miami could trade down and get Andrews. Have to think Gase would love a TE like that.

Maybe it's me but Andrews looked real slow in the semi final against Georgia. I don't think he's as good as i had hoped. He does catch everything but i question his athleticism

Maybe it's me but Andrews looked real slow in the semi final against Georgia. I don't think he's as good as i had hoped. He does catch everything but i question his athleticism
Even in highlights you could tell he's getting open by mostly design, & savy (almost unorthodox) route running. Definitely a good player though, but how good?

He's huuuge and sure fast enough. He arrived at OU as a WR. IDK but I'm expecting a Gronk-esque mismatch. We'll see what he runs. If he runs under 4.7, which he will, he's gone by Seattle's pick no doubt.

Take Ferrell off the list. Swinney announced at the Clemson team banquet that Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, Kendall Joseph, and Mark Fields are all returning to school for their senior seasons.

Take Ferrell off the list. Swinney announced at the Clemson team banquet that Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, Kendall Joseph, and Mark Fields are all returning to school for their senior seasons.

Bad decision from Ferrell; of course he could do better next year but he was already a lock for the 1st round, good from Bryant and Joseph. Sucks for us. Those three would have fit our defensive scheme and needs.

Bad decision from Ferrell; of course he could do better next year but he was already a lock for the 1st round, good from Bryant and Joseph. Sucks for us. Those three would have fit our defensive scheme and needs.

Think the advisory board gave him a 2nd-RD grade. A Chubb-like Senior year could put him in the top 10. I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving, but I don't blame him for returning either. If he can keep his health, and improve his consistency, it should pay off for him.

Last edited:
Roquan Please!!! After having Foster Literally fall into our laps last year....and then NOT take Him.....

Please Don't Screw This Up Ross,Gase,Bomb!!!

Roquan Please!!! After having Foster Literally fall into our laps last year....and then NOT take Him.....

Please Don't Screw This Up Ross,Gase,Bomb!!!

Still glad we passed on Foster. Drug testing in the NFL is an intelligence test and foster is a dumb arse.

Foster is both stupid and a horrible human being. I'd find it hard to root for him.

Think the advisory board gave him a 2nd-RD grade. A Chubb-like Senior year could put him in the top 10. I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving, but I don't blame him for returning either. If he can keep his health, and improve his consistency, it should pay off for him.

That dline next year for Clemson is going to be so good. ****

Back
Top Bottom