Tavon Austin is a one bad dude | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tavon Austin is a one bad dude

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
This dude is going to be a stud NFL player. Check out his game last night against Oklahoma. That dude can fly! Would like to steal him in the draft. He is a playmaker.

This dude is going to be a stud NFL player. Check out his game last night against Oklahoma. That dude can fly! Would like to steal him in the draft. He is a playmaker.
Tough call here. Guys he's like: Noel Devine, Steve Slaton, Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps...Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin. I do think he has a better shot than the first 4 guys I listed at being Percy Harvin (he plays pretty good WR, decent routes), but these small-ish college playmaker types are a risk to draft high.

I just posted about this in the draft forum. Somehow Austin's performance overshadowed Stedman Bailey's who showed you all of the skills of an NFL WR against OU's best DB who is projected to go to the NFL. 4 TD catches. Route running, hands, playing the ball in the air, playing the boundries, and getting seperation all night. The 5 skills that make an NFL receiver, he showed em all. He has for 2 years now. Last night he did it against one of the top DBs.

Austin is the superior highlight reel. Bailey is the superior player. I think both will be good pros. Austin's ability to make people miss in the open field is incredible. I think he can do it pretty well in the NFL. Bailey is just a pure WR. He reminds me of Steve Smith.

If Bailey is available in round 2 and we dont take him...... then we arent trying.

I agree with Bailey in the second. He would give us a great jolt right where we need it.

Totally on board with Bailey in the 2nd. I love the way he plays football. WV, CK, and Slimm put me on him this year. I love to watch him play ball. Runs just vicious routes. Honestly if somehow we grab Allen in the first and Bailey in the 2nd, I would dance a jig and something I wish we would do. Double down on true playmakers and turn our offense around. We have enough talent on Defense to be top ten right now and will still have it next year. Add a corner or three later in the draft and FA and lets put up some points.

I don't know how the hell Tavon Austin gets so much love when Stedman Bailey has 20 touchdowns with 3 more games left to play on the schedule. He's on pace to finish with 26 touchdowns which would obliterate the single season highs for Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon at Oklahoma State. The closest I've seen in recent history would be Michael Crabtree's 22 touchdowns in 2007.

Bailey has a shot to approach the 27 TD receptions that Troy Edwards had for Louisiana Tech back in '98, which I'm pretty sure is still a record for D-I.... and I saw every one of 'em.

Tavon Austin is a bad dude. His ability to make defenders miss is about as good as you're going to see.

I'd take either one in a heartbeat. Bailey tests well in the offseason and he may not be there when we pick in the 2nd. Austin would solve two problems as he would be deadly in the slot and absolutely a game changer on special teams (though Thigpen has been good). His change of direction and quickness are incredible.

I would be happy to spend a 2nd round pick on either, i don't see any relation to Noel Devine or Steve slaton with Austin besides the fact they went to the same college.
M

tavon is a farrrr superior pass catcher than either of them. I do like the Percy Harvin comparison Austin is just never going to be as physical as Harvin though. (Which is fine by me since Harvin spends more time in the trainers room than on the turf)

a player like Austin can change the entire dynamic of the defense you are playing, his quickness forces the defense to play up to the line of scrimmage to cover quick screens to him that he can house if he gets an inch of daylight. In turn this opens up deep routes for guys like sted who can just abuse man coverage.

One of the traits that I have grown to love about bailey is his body positioning when catching long balls, his ability to use his body as a shield against defenders is second to none in this draft class. Time and time again you will see him adjust to a ball mid flight and instead of running full speed only to turn around and try to catch a jump ball that is a little under thrown like so many receivers are prone to doing he slows his route down and boxes out the defender and is able to continue his stride which with his better than average strength allows him to break a tackle and house a play that would normally be ended after the catch. It's little things like this that you can notice take a look at the redone fades he has scored on, everything from the route to his positioning catching the ball is perfect (it also helps that geno has mastered the fade ball as well)

ive been watching these two for a while now and the way they have matured is insane. And single game highs for both are absolutely ridiculous

against Baylor sted had 5 touchdowns and 300 yards receiving

against Oklahoma on only 21 carries Austin had 344 rushing yards on his way to 572 all purpose.

sorry this post was a little sloppy I'm on my phone

Stedman Bailey in Round Two:up: Check out his highlights.

[video=youtube;aOnISzeG2Ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao&feature=related[/video]

Stedman Bailey in Round Two:up: Check out his highlights.

[video=youtube;aOnISzeG2Ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao&feature=related[/video]

Will he be there? Thats the terrify thought.... Likely our 2nd round pick will be lower than the Colts

Back
Top Bottom