Tavon Austin - Overrated? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tavon Austin - Overrated?

No, because Bucky Brooks usually has his head up his backside.

My reservation with Austin is mostly that his stock shot up in March when there wasn't any football being played. Would be interested to see early February boards/rankings/mocks. I'm pretty sure people knew he was fast and quick; the combine wasn't some great shock. I know this timing is how it goes, but it still colors me a little skeptical when he made his leap in gym shorts. This is a year, though, where I can't really get all that bothered at 12 because we have a ton of needs and the talent at that spot seems pretty even. He's not my first choice, but it wouldn't upset me.

I think Austin will be a very good player. I don't think he's over rated in general but not worthy of the number 12 pick. I look more at game play rather than combine results. The guy is fast. No doubt about that but, he's not a great route runner and I would rather pick up a better route runner and someone that can run crisp routes and trick defenses as the third receiver . I say no to receiver at twelve but I'd take Deandre Hopkins late first or early 2nd any day. This kid run routes in GAMES better than every receiver in this years draft. He's not the fastest but he's quick enough to trick defenses and make people slip up. Not to mention he has very good hands and excellent body control.

He's overrated because the entire world fell in love with a highlight reel of a 174lb. guy.

What the hell happened to all the cordarelle patterson love? oh he got stupid quickly. on to tavon....another great college highlight reel, but if you look closer, not all that impressive aside from open field moves.

He's overrated because the entire world fell in love with a highlight reel of a 174lb. guy.

What the hell happened to all the cordarelle patterson love? oh he got stupid quickly. on to tavon....another great college highlight reel, but if you look closer, not all that impressive aside from open field moves.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Tavon Austin is going to be a better and more explosive version of Wes Welker in the NFL. If he gets into the right system (NE, NO, SF) watch out. I love him but I would only draft him at 12 if we can get something in return for Bess. Bess is still a very good/underrated player and I wouldn't just dump him for Austin, Austin is a big improvement over Bess IMO but we have much bigger needs than slot receiver. Eifert is the way to go at 12 IMO.

You win games by scoring tds. How many tds has Bess scored in the last 2 years after he got his extension?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

He is worthy of a pick from 20 to 32.

I'd give you that, but it'd have to be to a team that either has a cpl picks (Vikes) or can use him as a true #3 weapon because they don't have many other needs (SF).

Every time I watch Austin highlights I see a slightly smaller Percy harvin. In today's nfl he is worth #12.

Tavon Austin is going to be a better and more explosive version of Wes Welker in the NFL. If he gets into the right system (NE, NO, SF) watch out. I love him but I would only draft him at 12 if we can get something in return for Bess. Bess is still a very good/underrated player and I wouldn't just dump him for Austin, Austin is a big improvement over Bess IMO but we have much bigger needs than slot receiver. Eifert is the way to go at 12 IMO.

No one says you have to release Bess if you draft Austin. Imagine those guys underneath TOGETHER on the field, right? right? Yeh thats what i'm talkin about. Exciting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom