Te at 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Te at 12

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just a viewpoint here, something that crossed my mind... The fins need red zone threats and need some blocking help... Would te Tyler eifert not contribute in both areas. Seem threat and red zone guy plus blocks better then anyone at that position we have. Would that not provide the most value in 2 areas of need with one player?

Discuss...

Just a viewpoint here, something that crossed my mind... The fins need red zone threats and need some blocking help... Would te Tyler eifert not contribute in both areas. Seem threat and red zone guy plus blocks better then anyone at that position we have. Would that not provide the most value in 2 areas of need with one player?

Discuss...

No, as we already have a seam threat in Keller, plus two potential seam threats behind him in Clay and Egnew. All we lack is a blocking TE, which can be found in the mid to late rounds. Eiffert makes absolute zero sense at 12. We need LT, DE, MLB, and CB more than another TE.

As far as redzone targets? We have a big WR in Armon Binns as well as a developing big redzone TE in Egnew. Can we use some competition for Egnew? Sure. But not at 12. That's committing draft suicide.

We need Tavon Austin so we can blow up the AFC East, everything else can be obtained in the later rounds failing which FA

No, as we already have a seam threat in Keller, plus two potential seam threats behind him in Clay and Egnew. All we lack is a blocking TE, which can be found in the mid to late rounds. Eiffert makes absolute zero sense at 12. We need LT, DE, MLB, and CB more than another TE.

As far as redzone targets? We have a big WR in Armon Binns as well as a developing big redzone TE in Egnew. Can we use some competition for Egnew? Sure. But not at 12. That's committing draft suicide.

lol

I'm in the camp that thinks, as Omar mentioned, our offense is not fast-paced enough because we don't have players that can do more, i.e. TE that can block, catch and run. You end up Keller who can't block well so he's mostly in on passing plays, then you have to substitute him in or slow down play to add another TE that can block (like you're suggesting) but isn't much of a threat to be a seam buster. We need a do-it-all TE, several if possible (one this year, one next year).

Wasn't that what Keller is supposed to be? We actually need a blocking TE now, someone like Fasano...oh, wait..we got rid of him...

I agree with the redzone threat. See Boldin's td's during the playoffs last year. We need something like that once we get inside the redzone. Somebody that can out-muscle people and catch jump balls.
It's a good point you bring up.
We need td's in the redzone next year instead of the typical fg's.
Once the field becomes constricted, our guys won't be able to use their speed easily.

crazy that we have been calling for a seem threat rec. TE for ever, now we want a blocking TE. Tyler Eifert is both I think.

I think dropping down 4-7 spots, picking up another late 2nd or early 3rd, then drafting Tyler would be a steal. I really hope we do that.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

seriously? Binns and Egnew are your answer to our red zone problems? Neither will be on roster opening day.Eifert does solve 2 problems and if we can move down a few picks may bring another rather high pick with him.SORRY for the jumble dont know why this is happening

I've been saying I wanted Eifert at 12 for two months now. However, as stated earlier Miami needs a tight end that can block too. Eifert is getting better at blocking but is average at best in that area. If Miami passes on Eifert I would be ok with taking Travis Kelce in the third round. When I watch Kelce I see Fasano with more speed. Kelce and Keller would make a nice 1-2 punch.

Back
Top Bottom