TE Fred Davis of USC in round 2 sound good? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Fred Davis of USC in round 2 sound good?

DOL-FAN92

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Draft related threads go in the Draft forum. Thank you.[/mod]
I dont see how anyone can put Fred Davis under anyone in this draft.Davis really reminds me of Antonio Gates,of the Chargers.We have our Ladainian(experts say the only difference other than injuries, he doesnt have the break gear that Ladainian has[Im speaking of Ronnie Brown],that they are the same back(RB)...lol,obviously you cant link the two in the same level,but with Browns comparisons to Tomlinson,and Fred Davis's comparisons to the best TE in the game right now,I think its something you cannot ignore...Not to mention that Bill Parcells loves big TE's,and we could get a quad-threat if we bring in Davis...

1-he forces coverage to play on him,which would leave open windows for our WR to get some one on one coverage

2-he has awesome speed for a TE,and his size and weight

3-he is good enough,strong enough,and smart enough to block in the NFL

4-he is a potential threat in the endzone,and can run the ball too on some trick plays

What do you guys think

(keep in mind,David Martin is avg. at best,personally i think he isnt even i never see and highlights of him,and im not saying that what its about for players to be in highlights,but it makes you wonder if he is part of the dead weight...i DO however believe in Justin Peele...outside of Ronnie Brown(breifly),and Lorenzo Booker,he had the best hands,and i really think he should have started instead of David Martin,he was one of our most sure-handed players...his stats might not say it,but he was clutch on 3rd downs,and 4th downs,and endzone plays if you go backa nd watched them..he is probably the most underrated offensive player for us...but thats just my opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah plenty other TE's in the draft with Great size and potential.

I think we need to go Defense with the first 2 picks atleast.

At #32 he is a must. Unless of course someone you absolutely can't pass up is there. He's our guy.

At #32 he is a must. Unless of course someone you absolutely can't pass up is there. He's our guy.

I wouldn't say he is a must. There is a bigger need on defense than a undersized TE.

Look at Jason Witten 6'5 260+ and from Tennessee

I see Parcells and Co targeting another TE from Tennessee his name is Brad Cottam.

Nah plenty other TE's in the draft with Great size and potential.

I think we need to go Defense with the first 2 picks atleast.
yea i think so to i like the kid Kellen Davis Better dont get me wrong Fred Davis is good But i like the size of Kellen so i would love to get Kellen or Fred but i think kellen can be picked up in the 3rd or 4th round

yea i think so to i like the kid Kellen Davis Better dont get me wrong Fred Davis is good But i like the size of Kellen so i would love to get Kellen or Fred but i think kellen can be picked up in the 3rd or 4th round

Yeah Kellen is a nice prospect. Displayed great hands today.

I just think if Davis is there at 32 we will pass on him.

I wouldn't say he is a must. There is a bigger need on defense than a undersized TE.

Look at Jason Witten 6'5 260+ and from Tennessee

I see Parcells and Co targeting another TE from Tennessee his name is Brad Cottam.

welcome to my world buddy. thats what im saying esp since he can block like a T if he puts weight on to move his position. that means he is a good blocker and like Witten. hes bigger hten witten i believe. 6'6 270?

Yeah Kellen is a nice prospect. Displayed great hands today.

I just think if Davis is there at 32 we will pass on him.
i really dont think Fred Davis is going to fall that far i think he is the first TE off the board

he will probly go the seahawks they need a TE

yeap and i rather get Cottam From Tenn rather then a 32 on a davis who is samll compared to BP likings. BP loves to draft from Virg, VT adn Tenny. Cottam is from Tenny. he can be had with the 3rd (i doubt hell last till the 4th if so id love it).

yeap and i rather get Cottam From Tenn rather then a 32 on a davis who is samll compared to BP likings. BP loves to draft from Virg, VT adn Tenny. Cottam is from Tenny. he can be had with the 3rd (i doubt hell last till the 4th if so id love it).
i would like to have Kellen He is a Big TE if he could Block better i think he would be the Best TE in the Draft IMO of course
but u can teach blocking so i would love to get him and have the dolphins teach him to block better we have the HC for it sence he was a OL coach

Back
Top Bottom