TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LDaniel7, Mar 16, 2013.

1. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I've never been a big Ray Lewis fan because of his off-field stuff, but there's no question the guy has had a major change in his life and is now someone that builds other people up, spiritually speaking. He's been through heck in his personal life and come to a place of peace. And, he's done so while leading on the field, also. And going out on top.

He'd have a lot of positive impact for the players, imo. He could help build some of the same esprit de corps that the Ravens enjoyed in last year's playoffs.

A win win, imo. He still has lots to offer, in seeing the game, coaching up active LBs, and giving a positive vision for life.

As such, he may be one of the most important non-player hires of the year!

Just thinking. Let me know your thoughts!

LD

2. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

He already has a job at espn. And if he wanted an asst coaching job he'd do it at UM where his son plays.

3. LDaniel7

But he said on ESPN that he expects a call from Ellerbe, to come and give him tips. Sounds like he's got some time in there somewhere, and into the concept.

LD

4. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Donator

No thanks, we don't need someone instructing our players on the proper way to shank guys in bars and then cover it up.

5. Tomppa

Tomppa Member

Now why would he do this gig? I think he can get a good job at TV and I'm not sure he has any major connections to Dolphins.

6. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Well-Known Member

We would be undefeated..tannehill the best qb in the league..they'll be scared s@#$less of him!

7. LDaniel7

I used to think that too, lol -- but it's been a long time ago, and truly, some people change.

Song: Some People Change.

LD

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

He's already said that he wants a text from Ellerbe saying, "Come on over and give me some help."

LD

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Wait he has a job at ESPN? Good lord, I am never watching ESPN again. Last thing I want to hear is his corny speeches.

9. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

Ugh!

10. ohall

He's changed while not doing the time. An accessory is still an accessory. He's only got away with it because he was rich and famous. It must be a wonderful thing for him when he puts his head on his lush pillow every night to know the families of the ppl killed have yet to get justice for their loved ones.

He's such a wonderful role model.

11. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

lewis is more suited to giving spiritual guidance at prisons just like vick could do for puppies at the pound.

12. LDaniel7

Wow, some real Lewis hate in this thread, lol.

I've never been a fan of his but his turnaround has been inspiring, imo.

He's got a lot to offer if he stays on the straight and narrow path, imo.

LD

13. ohall

I don't disagree. Like most things in life, nothing is all good or all bad. However, the injustice that was thrown at those families, whenever I think about it, it makes me sick to my stomach. I hope Ray never has to feel the pain those ppl have been feeling for more than a decade now.

14. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

Come on man ur way off base

15. LDaniel7

I heard some rumblings that Lewis had reached out to the family of the man who died. If so, that's big time. Trying to make amends.

LD

16. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

LOL ....

No doubt man. Lewis is such a phony.

17. LDaniel7

He lives in Miami and is close w. Ellerbe.

As far as connections go, most coaches don't have lots of "connections" until they are hired. Then they bring their talents and interpersonal skills to the job.

Lewis would be instant positive influence on any football team, imo -- as long as he stays on the straight and narrow path. He could lift up a lot of people and show them the right way to live, in the midst of a world full of wrong ways.

Imo, of course.

LD

18. enigmatics

Make ammends? Is that a joke? He was involved! He'll never be able to make ammends.

19. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Why would he make amends if he wasn't?

20. ohall

Haven't heard that, if true it does in fact change things, a little bit anyway.

But I still have a serious issue with the no snithing thing, that he seemed to embrace back then. It's disgusting.

21. 72champagne

he's a dumber than a rock thug who decided he liked football better than getting into trouble. you should send for his underwear and put it over your head since you're so pathetically inspired. the dolphins would be better off hiring rex to cry at team meetings.

22. LDaniel7

Look, no one is saying that you can bring someone back. But you can express remorse in a faithful way.

Plus, Lewis didn't kill the guy. A guy in his entourage did... a big difference. Lewis is guilty there of wrong company, big time. But he didn't commit murder.

Accessory? Maybe. But how are you an accessory if you didn't 1. order the killing, or 2. take part in it? There's also the chance that he didn't see the actual punch/shiv -- we don't know the details.

I'm not necessarily trying to be a Lewis apologist. I'm just saying there's always a side to the story that we can't see. And if a man tries to express remorse... how can we sit in judgment on that??

LD

23. LDaniel7

Dude, lol.

His change has been real. You don't inspire a team full of hardcore NFL players by being a phony.

And if you don't find such a change inspiring, well, I'm sorry. Rex crying? C'mon man! There's a phony, lol.

LD

24. jtsacksyou

jtsacksyou A True Fan

Ray Lewis should be stabbed to death.

25. enigmatics

At the very least he helped to cover it up ..... told everyone in the entourage to shut their mouths and not help the police in their investigation.

Ray Lewis can take his amends and shove it up his azz. I'm glad the family won't accept his phony outreach.

26. enigmatics

Reciting gospel talk that mostly resembles sheer babble does not make one a changed man.

27. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

At least with ray Lewis the FO can ask him what's the best way to cut players.

28. enigmatics

[​IMG]

29. LDaniel7

Well, I understand how you can feel that way. I used to feel that way myself, until seeing the effect that Lewis had on others recently -- a positive thing, which is inspiring, seeing the total destruction that his personal life used to be. Pretty awesome to see that someone with blood on his hands can help keep others from that same evil, and help point on the right side of life!

LD

30. The Tannehills Have Eyes

What other troubles with the law has he been through since that incident in 2000? Seriously I don't give a **** about his personal life/issues as long as it doesn't **** our team with off the field issues/become cancerous (something he's never been as in the locker room) Most ravens fans from what I heard is that elerbe became a better player through ray lewis mentoring him. If he can make our team better than I'm all for it.

31. enigmatics

That's amazing you experienced being in his presence to actually have witness the transformation. Oh wait, you just watched him on the boob tube every Sunday.

32. 72champagne

videos of hitler speeches should be shown to our armed forces since he was on straight and narrow paths inside a bunker at the end of the war. omg, i'm so inspired. i think the man changed!

33. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

Dumbest idea ever F Rey Lewis he is a thug and gives believers a Bad name. God doesn't give two ****s who wins a football game Rey.

34. enigmatics

Well when you're involved in a murder, you've clearly reached a pinnacle in regards to having issues with the law. Did you really expect him to get his feet dirty some more since then?

Regardless that incident revealed the very fabric of that man. The media ran with the "transformation" story much like they do with all the other phonies out there. Ray Lewis is the not the difference between this team winning a Super Bowl.

35. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

Ray Lewis haters just don't get it...but that's okay

36. enigmatics

"Hater" talk .... always such an intelligent conversation.

37. LDaniel7

Look, the hater talk comes up because of unreasonable anger against a certain person or concept -- certainly one can understand having a strong opinion, but flying off the handle of reasonableness leads one over to hater-land, lol.

Comparing Lewis to Hitler or tying his entire life-fabric to one event that happened in a crowded club many years ago is just unreasonable, imo.

LD

38. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Team Chaplain? Give me a break.

39. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Leading tackler this postseason and the difference between them winning their first superbowl. I don't recall any issues with the law before this incident either, but nothing you posted gives me a reason not to bring him in and teach our LBs.

40. Nectarios

Nectarios Well-Known Member

Absolutely...and let's not forget that "god wanted " for him to win the Super Bowl (and not any of the other teams) because he soooo deserves it

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

this!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. LDaniel7

I don't know Lewis personally. But I have witnessed the undeniable effect that his life has had on an entire team of hardcore football players -- many guys that easily sniff PHONY out from the word go. If there wasn't a legitimacy to his talk, i.e. backed up with a life-change, he'd have zero positive effect on a locker room. As it was, what he helped create, Coach Harbaugh said that he had never seen such a thing before... THAT my friend, is legit. Like it or not...

LD

42. 72champagne

i hate more that the media is willing to make icons out of trash solely for their own greed, meanwhile dumbing down the gullible even further.

43. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Stop it. Just because you can play and have a big mouth doesn't make you a coach.

44. enigmatics

The hater talk comes up because your arguments lack and that's all there's left to say when someone's immature.

FACT:
    Ray Lewis lied about being at the scene
    FACT:
    Ray Lewis's white suit he wore that night was NEVER recovered (hmmmmm dispose of evidence much?)
    FACT:
    Ray Lewis testified against his friends in order to receive a lesser charge
    FACT:
    Ray Lewis testified about knives being bought prior to the events of that night

This is not stuff of "hater". This is called "FACT". What you're watching on television is called "MARKETING" and clearly I could sell you a beachfront property in Arizona if I put in the effort.

45. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin A True Fan

lmfao....give me a ****in break...ray ray just needs to go away and take care of all his illegitemate children

46. LDaniel7

This isn't just a media thing, 72. I get that the media -- most of them anyway -- have their own agenda. No question.

But the media had NOTHING to do with the team unity and esprit de corps of the Ravens this year. What occurred there is NOT a media myth but an actuality that even left Harbaugh in awe.

The truth.

LD

47. enigmatics

Wait, how do you know his teammates can seperate a phony from their own buttholes?

Did you ever consider the fact that some guys are good talkers? I've known some of the best liars in the world who are convincing as hell. Just because some jocks buy into the hysteria proves nothing.

48. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

Those so full of hate out to do some self-examination and see why it's there. Do I think the idea in this thread is good? No. I certainly think it's suspect to be so full of rage against a football player and for reasons none of us know beyond speculation one way or another in a murder case. As for his beliefs, those are his, chill out and you have yours.

49. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

Let me say this too, it's ridiculous for any of us to make icons out of any sports figure for pete sake.

50. enigmatics

You call it hate.

Some of us call it logic. Sorry you don't understand that yet in your time here on this planet.