TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

Now why would he do this gig? I think he can get a good job at TV and I'm not sure he has any major connections to Dolphins.

He lives in Miami and is close w. Ellerbe.

As far as connections go, most coaches don't have lots of "connections" until they are hired. Then they bring their talents and interpersonal skills to the job.

Lewis would be instant positive influence on any football team, imo -- as long as he stays on the straight and narrow path. He could lift up a lot of people and show them the right way to live, in the midst of a world full of wrong ways.

Imo, of course.

LD

I heard some rumblings that Lewis had reached out to the family of the man who died. If so, that's big time. Trying to make amends.

LD

Make ammends? Is that a joke? He was involved! He'll never be able to make ammends.

I heard some rumblings that Lewis had reached out to the family of the man who died. If so, that's big time. Trying to make amends.

LD

Haven't heard that, if true it does in fact change things, a little bit anyway.

But I still have a serious issue with the no snithing thing, that he seemed to embrace back then. It's disgusting.

Wow, some real Lewis hate in this thread, lol.

I've never been a fan of his but his turnaround has been inspiring, imo.

He's got a lot to offer if he stays on the straight and narrow path, imo.

LD
he's a dumber than a rock thug who decided he liked football better than getting into trouble. you should send for his underwear and put it over your head since you're so pathetically inspired. the dolphins would be better off hiring rex to cry at team meetings.

Make ammends? Is that a joke? He was involved! He'll never be able to make ammends.

Look, no one is saying that you can bring someone back. But you can express remorse in a faithful way.

Plus, Lewis didn't kill the guy. A guy in his entourage did... a big difference. Lewis is guilty there of wrong company, big time. But he didn't commit murder.

Accessory? Maybe. But how are you an accessory if you didn't 1. order the killing, or 2. take part in it? There's also the chance that he didn't see the actual punch/shiv -- we don't know the details.

I'm not necessarily trying to be a Lewis apologist. I'm just saying there's always a side to the story that we can't see. And if a man tries to express remorse... how can we sit in judgment on that??

LD

he's a dumber than a rock thug who decided he liked football better than getting into trouble. you should send for his underwear and put it over your head since you're so pathetically inspired. the dolphins would be better off hiring rex to cry at team meetings.

Dude, lol.

His change has been real. You don't inspire a team full of hardcore NFL players by being a phony.

And if you don't find such a change inspiring, well, I'm sorry. Rex crying? C'mon man! There's a phony, lol.

LD

Look, no one is saying that you can bring someone back. But you can express remorse in a faithful way.

Plus, Lewis didn't kill the guy. A guy in his entourage did... a big difference. Lewis is guilty there of wrong company, big time. But he didn't commit murder.

Accessory? Maybe. But how are you an accessory if you didn't 1. order the killing, or 2. take part in it? There's also the chance that he didn't see the actual punch/shiv -- we don't know the details.

I'm not necessarily trying to be a Lewis apologist. I'm just saying there's always a side to the story that we can't see. And if a man tries to express remorse... how can we sit in judgment on that??

LD

At the very least he helped to cover it up ..... told everyone in the entourage to shut their mouths and not help the police in their investigation.

Ray Lewis can take his amends and shove it up his azz. I'm glad the family won't accept his phony outreach.

Dude, lol.

His change has been real. You don't inspire a team full of hardcore NFL players by being a phony.

And if you don't find such a change inspiring, well, I'm sorry. Rex crying? C'mon man! There's a phony, lol.

LD

Reciting gospel talk that mostly resembles sheer babble does not make one a changed man.

At least with ray Lewis the FO can ask him what's the best way to cut players.

rimshoto-1.gif

At the very least he helped to cover it up ..... told everyone in the entourage to shut their mouths and not help the police in their investigation.

Ray Lewis can take his amends and shove it up his azz. I'm glad the family won't accept his phony outreach.

Well, I understand how you can feel that way. I used to feel that way myself, until seeing the effect that Lewis had on others recently -- a positive thing, which is inspiring, seeing the total destruction that his personal life used to be. Pretty awesome to see that someone with blood on his hands can help keep others from that same evil, and help point on the right side of life!

LD

Reciting gospel talk that mostly resembles sheer babble does not make one a changed man.

What other troubles with the law has he been through since that incident in 2000? Seriously I don't give a **** about his personal life/issues as long as it doesn't **** our team with off the field issues/become cancerous (something he's never been as in the locker room) Most ravens fans from what I heard is that elerbe became a better player through ray lewis mentoring him. If he can make our team better than I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom