team growth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

team growth

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
i dont know if anyone here believes in the philosophy of letting teams play together and improve together as a team... rather than after an unsuccessful season breaking up that team and adding new cogs...

sometimes with a young team or unit the best way to improve them is by giving them more time together... jus something interesting i stumbled across, the 2002 colts team, good team finished 10-6, had a good group of young players assembled got blown out 41-0 by the jets in the playoffs, embarrasing performance... some teams after that would think of making some changes to correct problems, but if you look at that 2002 roster and the one of today its eerily similar...

2002 - Position - 2004
Manning QB Manning
Harrison WR Harrison
Wayne WR Wayne
Troy Walters WR Stokely
Pollard TE Pollard
Davenport TE Clarke
Edge RB Edge
Mungro RB Mungro

Diem OL Diem
Meadows OL Piko
Saturday OL Saturday
Demulling OL Demulling
Glenn OL Glenn

and this offense was 19th in the league in 2002, to a 2nd and obviously very potent attack today...

now i know i know, we didn't finish 10-6, we finished 4-12, but sometimes with a young offense (which is exactly what we are right now) isn't just experience the best thing for them? especially as one coherent unit?

do you think with the right coaching our unit can be MUCH more successful with a full offseason together? we saw the difference experience can make with a unit, look at our o-line and how horrible it was coming out of training camp with all the shake ups and movements and people coming in and out, but after playing together for a while as a unit started to do MUCH better...

so i ask you am i the only one who believes if our offensive players dont change basically at all we'd still be a much more successful team next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but no. We need to revamp our O-Line drastically. Not to mention and new RB. besides that, leave the rest the same.

It's wrong right off the bat.

Manning to Manning

and

Edge to Edge

C'mon!

Feeley to Feeley

Morris to Morris

?

South Florida said:
It's wrong right off the bat.

Manning to Manning

and

Edge to Edge

C'mon!

Feeley to Feeley

Morris to Morris

?
umm im not saying we're gonna be the number 2 offense in th eleague next year, but i think we could be drastically better... and feeley to feeley to me is better than feeley to leinhart or feeley to rodgers... and gordon as our RB could be very good for us...

i dont know i think im the only one with confidence in our group with the right coaching...

Well, how many trips to the super bowl have the colts made since then ??

Anyways, we have a lot of work to do as far as personnel goes. I agree that the OL could get better and AJ in whatever system (hopefully WCO) Saban implements can be better with an entire offseason, but the only way we can improve is to be able to get the right trade-down moves. It will depend on whether we can get anyone to with this being such a mediocre draft, particularly the top ten picks.

Back
Top Bottom