Tebow to play special teams, as well | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tebow to play special teams, as well

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
Is there nothing the Jets won't ask Tim Tebow to do? He's already the back-up quarterback, and there's been talk of using him as a Wildcat quarterback, a red-zone quarterback and the personal protector on the punting team. On Tuesday, Mike Westhoff, the Jets' special teams coach, got specific about plans to use Tebow on kickoff teams, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...w-return-cover-kicks-jets-221011510--nfl.html

What happens when he becomes the full-time starter at QB, though? :chuckle:

I think you answered your question, if they expected him to be a starting QB they wouldn't be playing him on STs or asking him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250. It's a fun story in the media and for opposing fans but it's obvious he wasn't brought in here to be a regular QB

I think you answered your question, if they expected him to be a starting QB they wouldn't be playing him on STs or asking him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250. It's a fun story in the media and for opposing fans but it's obvious he wasn't brought in here to be a regular QB

Expecting him to start is different than him starting later in the season. Not many coaches would expect to replace their QB who isn't injured over the course of the year, it's a decision that's made in best judgement for the team.

The question really is, why did they even trade for him at all if all they're going to use him for is on STs and as a WC QB? They couldn't find anybody else? Quite frankly, no NFL team lets either its starter or its backup go anywhere near STs except to hold on PATs and FGs. STs are injuries waiting to happen.

That leads me to think one of these scenarios is true:
  • The Jests simply got Tebow for the publicity and are now trying to find something for him to do.
  • The Jests are trying to be devious and are using the cover of Tebow playing STs and HB in order to install Tebow-friendly plays into their offense in anticipation of him taking over for Sanchez.
  • The Jests realized just how lousy Tebow is as a QB and are trying to save face.

Best hope Greg McElroy gets plenty of snaps in the preseason, Juncky.

The question really is, why did they even trade for him at all if all they're going to use him for is on STs and as a WC QB? They couldn't find anybody else? Quite frankly, no NFL team lets either its starter or its backup go anywhere near STs except to hold on PATs and FGs. STs are injuries waiting to happen.

• The Jests simply got Tebow for the publicity and are now trying to find something for him to do.
  • The Jests are trying to be devious and are using the cover of Tebow playing STs and HB in order to install Tebow-friendly plays into their offense in anticipation of him taking over for Sanchez.
  • The Jests realized just how lousy Tebow is as a QB and are trying to save face.

I'll take (B) for $1,000.00

they have been honest from day 1, he was never brought here to be a serious challenger to sanchez. I think they want sanchez to believe he is so it lights a fire undre him but he was brought here to be a versatile playmaker for our offense. A better version of Brad Smith who was pretty valuable for us.

they have been honest from day 1, he was never brought here to be a serious challenger to sanchez. I think they want sanchez to believe he is so it lights a fire undre him but he was brought here to be a versatile playmaker for our offense. A better version of Brad Smith who was pretty valuable for us.

So, if Sanchez is playing like crap, and the Jets are 1-5, do you mean to tell us that Tebow isn't an option for starting QB?

So, if Sanchez is playing like crap, and the Jets are 1-5, do you mean to tell us that Tebow isn't an option for starting QB?

I'm talking about legit competition, when a teams season goes south and they have nothing left to play for(like Miami by october last year) you make changes. In that scenario I could definitely see Tebow starting but realistically we will not be 1-5, 2-6 or anything crazy like that.

Well....what is our back up qb going to do other than hold a clip board. At least tebow can be useful elsewhere while still serving as a backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom