Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by endorPHINS72, Oct 26, 2008.

1. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

Today's performance from Ted Ginn was outstanding. He showed playmaking ability, toughness and determination today, and I am impressed. I have criticized Ginn for not progressing enough. He showed some big signs today that he is improving. I'm not buying the "McGee was hurt and that's why he gained 175 yards". Looking forward to seeing more days where Ted changes the game...(reaches for the tabasco sauce and bleu cheese)...I'm ready to eat my crow now!

2. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I've been ragging on Ginn quite a bit lately, Teddy, nothing makes me happier than to see you come out with a HUGE game for us against the Bills.

You went out and fought for the ball, made plays with your feet, and played with your heart.

Thank you, keep up the good work :)

3. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

As a Ginn supporter, going into the season, I'm still not ready to declare him vindicated. I did love how he listened to his dad and showed no fear taking hits, broke a long (at least for CP) one to stretch the field and his being one of the most productive WRs in the league yesterday.

Always thought he was a reach at 9 (but not as much of a reach as Quinn) and to this day wish we had Willis instead, BUT BUT BUT, have also always maintained that his sure hands and speed make him a special offensive and ST weapon and that those ready to trade him for a few trinkets of gold -just because he was overdrafted were shortsighted mushroom smokers. Whether we overpaid or not, we do have him and should keep him, short of a blockbuster offer.

A few performances like yesterday though, would confirm we definitely have a dynamic #2 receiver to go with the Andre/Calvin Johnson type #1 we sign or draft and #3 Camarillo.

[​IMG]

4. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.

5. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

6. kizzaboo

kizzaboo Seasoned Veteran

I think it is appropriate for many on this (and those people know who they are) to at least admit that they were causing a lot of BS on this site and those who have lowered the substance of the threads but not giving a player time to develop without calling out players with labels or suggesting that a second year player is terrible or what have you.

With that said, I am not declaring that Ginn is there, yet. I think it is apparent that he is improving/developing after re watching watching this game, as Coach Sparano and others on this site have been suggesting. Just goes to show no one seems to listen when history has proved time and time again, that it takes time for MOST players to develop and with regards to the WR position it takes years.

I think it is appropriate to say that many posters need to stop jumping the gun and causing a lot more grief then what is necessary. I understand expressing an opinion, but not when its not rational or well thought out. Its frustrating to see the garbage posts and threads that support an opinion about a player that is clearly expressed out of frustration and impatience.

7. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

Way to go teddy.

8. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I for one have never called Ginn a bust but i do think too often when a player has one good game then people come out of the woodwork to say okay he is now there and i told you so. One great game out of 7 does not make a great player.

9. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

the 2nd fallacy to be laid to rest is that he's afraid to go up or across in a crowd to take a hit.

10. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Guess I should jump on the "I never called him a bust bandwagon" as well. I always have and always will continue to root for him to play well. No, I wasnt happy we picked him at 9, but hell its not like he had any control over where he was picked in the draft, he's a Dolphin now and thats all that matters.

I have been disgruntled due to his lack of production, but never said he was a bust (heck its only his second season.)

Lets hope this is just a step into his development as a WR :)

11. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I agree too many piled on him for being soft. He just needs to do what he does best. I think in the longterm he will be a good number 2 receiver. Still think we made a mistake taking him over other players but he is on our team now so lets hope for the best.

12. GoonBoss

That definitly went a ways to being dispelled. He hung in with contact on that first catch and fought for the ball, and, ran the post very well. I still want to see his head screwed on straight re; plays like going OOB to avoid contact in critical situation. He's also got to realize that he's going to be trailed on plays, and, to take care of the ball so somone can't punch it out from behind. Very good situational awareness on the long post rout, though, switching the ball to his outside arm.

13. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

These threads are a prime example of getting excited too early. Performance needs to be consistent and then we can talk. From my time in Finheaven which has been long, I have noticed many people rant on a player during these performances(those who hated on the player), then when it comes to a day where we lose then they go buckwild over the player. Then the ones who were fans of the player point back to the single performance the player had on a previous.

14. NJL52

NJL52 Seasoned Veteran

Sigh...............

Really? Ginn isn't a bust because he played well in one game? But up until now he was the worst pick we have had in years?

You people really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

15. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

I have been pulling for Ginn ever since we drafted him. This is now his second year and half way through it. One game does not off set 22 games where he has not done well. Let's not proclaim him as worthy of our #1 pick until he can become consistently good.

I hope Sunday was his "light coming on" game and begins progressing to a pro bowl caliber player. I wish him the best and as a dolphins fan I want him to succeed in a big way...however, let's not get carried away yet.

16. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Justin Smiley: "were not surprised by Ginn cause no one can cover him in practice".

17. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Well most of the time with the exception of Allen, W. they cant cover anybody in games either so not sure what that means.

18. GoonBoss

:lol:

19. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone Seasoned Veteran

Actually, in the world of Dolphin fan forums it does. I haven't figured out the math used to come to these conclusions, but somehow in these cases 2+2= 6...so to speak.

20. endorPHINS72

I thought he was a reach at the time as well, but as you said, we just have to deal with the here and now and hope he continues to progress as a Miami Dolphin.

21. endorPHINS72

I think it was necessary for me. I have been pretty hard on Ted Ginn, not because I was "picking" on him, but because he wasn't producing on the level you expect from a top ten pick in his second year. I honestly didn't think we'd ever see a performance like we did yesterday from him. Just want to give the young man some props. Now, does Ted Ginn have a long way to go before he can be considered an elite receiver? ABSOLUTELY! But realistically, I think we saw a sign yesterday that we have a young man that, at the very worst, can be a good wide receiver in this league.

22. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

This was the game that everybody was waiting for from Ted Ginn. I was very excited for him yesterday, and hopefully he continues to build upon an amazing performance.

23. endorPHINS72

I didn't know Crash's dad died. Crash is one of my all time favorite Dolphins. May his dad rest in peace.

24. GoonBoss

Yeah, I actually did not know it either until I did some digging. :(

25. endorPHINS72

Very sad. At first when I saw your sig, I thought it might be his son. I hate to say that thankfully it wasn't because death sucks...period, no matter if it's your parents, children or anyone close.

26. dreamwalker

dreamwalker General Martian Army

:woot:Isnt it silly how someone would judge a player on a limited amout of views and a limited amout of opportunities? It happens so rarely- in fact until now i have never read a post where a fan declared a player a bust a little too early, I never read a post like that here, or any other message board :sidelol:

27. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Put the anoiting oil back on the shelf.... he's a long way away from being a productive pro...

28. dreamwalker

check that
    steps to correct the post
    1) check vocablulary
    2) check thesaurus

Hint- prodctive pro has already been proven.
    Addtional help- add "all" before pro and you may be a bit more correct
    :woot:

29. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

actually, you could make the argument that Chad did hinder Ginn even in this game. that 1st play should have been a touchdown, if Ginn didn't have to slow down and make a great play on an underthrown pass. Another play he's streaking across the middle and Chad throws behind him.

Just suck in up and admit that some of you guys might have jumped the gun and been overly critical of a young player who is not fully developed.

The people who find 'eating crow' stupid are usually those who want to spout off tons of nonsense, and never be held accountable when they are wrong (not that anyone is proven right or wrong on Ginn based off of 1 game, but it's a nice time to be one who has supported him vs trashing him)

30. GoonBoss

I assume you mean me since you parroted what I said. I don't know that I have been overly critical of Ginn ever. I've never called him a bust. I have called into question his heart and his head as evidenced by the plays everyone knows about already. I'll re-state if necessary but we all know....

I have 23 games to base my previous opinions on. One good game and I try to give a few compliments? Forget it. :shakeno:

*Pfft*..Whatever. Wollow in your glory. Forget I tried to say anything nice about a Dolphin that helped the team. :rolleyes:

31. ac_lanham

ac_lanham The Comeback Kid

Congrats Teddy. I know you use Myspace alot and probably read this site. Keep up the good work.

32. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

IF GINN, on a regular basis, performs anywhere close to what he did on Sunday, then he's NOT a #2 WR: try All-Pro #1 WR. But one game is no real indication. This thread is no more than speculation at present.

But it IS interesting as an indication of posting Dolfans' biases. I wonder if anyone here actually hopes that GINN bombs out, so as to validate their own pettiness?

33. ac_lanham

ac_lanham The Comeback Kid

I hope no one is THAT naive

34. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

Just like 2 years ago. We were sitting here making the comparisons with Ginn and Braylon Edwards. Edwards had a couple great games at the very end of the season in his rookie year...in his 2nd year he was stretching defenses and i believe he had 700 yards and 6-8 TDs...I speculated at that time that when we drafted Ginn...we would have to wait...see the slow progression...and it would be just like Edwards. I predicted Edwards would GO OFF in his 3rd year....and in his 3rd season (BREAKOUT YEAR for WRs) he had 16-17 TDs i forget...and 1000+ yards.

Ginn needs TIME. Braylon was a pure WR...Ginn is translating into one and needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. His speed will make him a weapon. ALWAYS. Wait till we have a QB who can throw the deep ball with no problem and Ginn has veteran experience.

THEN we will see the REAL Ted Ginn Jr. - he will have decent #'s this year...but nothing stellar. Wait for next year to judge him!!!! He was not a Randy Moss, T.O., or Calvin Johnson (and by that i mean a physical freak)...but surely has marvin harrison/steve smith potential in his career. HIs game is very similar to both of those guys.

35. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

The light bulb FINALLY comes on for Ted Ginn Jr. in one game and some people are ready to hand him the keys to the city. Unbelievable. This kind of reminds of a couple of weeks ago when Jacory Harris stepped in against Duke and led an offensive barrage and Hurricane fans were proclaiming that Jacory Harris was the next Ken Dorsey and that Robert Marve was Kyle Wright in disguise. Yeah, not so much of that garbage this week. I guarantee you that ted Ginn Jr. will be same ol' same ol' Ted Ginn Jr this week against Denver.

The only way this bum gets any love from me is if he runs a 4.3 out of South Florida after being traded to a team that needs a backup.

Crow. Pft.

You know, maybe I am a little rough on Ted Ginn. I know the guy is blazing fast. I know the guy is on hell of a kick returner, but he's also as dumb as a rock. He has a lot of talent. He really does. But he's talent and his speed is useless with Chad Pennington throwing the football. It's painfully obvious that Ginn is simply not much of a facotr in this offense. Don't kid yourself. Do not allow yourself to be blinded and fooled by one game and 175 yards.

36. LtDan

LtDan I am a Dan but not a Lt.

He had a great day even with the fumble

37. RaboGrande24

RaboGrande24 Smoke and Fly

And you know that how? Its one thing to criticize his "softness" or even his route running(even though you need film to study which i doubt you have) but dont question his football smarts. Ive seen him since his Ohio st days and ive never heard anyone question his instincts. This kid is a GAMEBREAKER blessed with speed.

38. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Some people are just insensitive *******s to say that someone with a learning disability as a kid is dumb as a rock. It makes them feel sooo big to be an internet badass.

39. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Ginn a "proven" pro.... non-sense

Ginn an AP... laughable

40. tmny99

tmny99 Glory Glory to Ole Georgia

It's clear that there was an emphasis on getting Ginn the ball that clearly has not been there in any other games. I think he's been judged unfairly and labeled a bust so early into his SECOND year. Maybe we should give the guy a little time to develop at a difficult position to transition to.

41. dreamwalker

I tried to get you to proof your post but- ah well :unsure:

What is proven is he is a pro-a pro is someone that gets paid for his field of work, well unless the NFLPA made an exception is Ginns case hes a pro.
    PROVEN

And YOUR post was saying its not proven he can be a productive pro and unless i am missing the memo that says 175 yards is not productive then, well he was productive
    PROVEN

NOW you may have meant that he has not been proven to be productive on a regular basis but that is not what you said, in fact you turned around and tried to put an exclaimation point on you post (a post that- as i have done above is PROVEN incorrect)

And when you tried to put 2 exclaimation points on a point that was without thought it became silly.

On a side note i find it rather odd that you used the word laughable when posting about Ginn- just two days removed from a breakout performance. In fact it kind of makes me believe either you a) hold some sort of distain for the man or b) you have some sort of an agenda

Either way
    :bye:

42. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Check

43. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

He is a gamebreaker blessed with speed but not in this offense. How do I know that he's dumb as a rock? Simple. It was well documented by Sports Illustrated as well as ESPN that he has a learning disability. Ted Ginn even admitted that he has a learning disability. I'm not poking fun at his disability but he's not the smartest peanut in the turd.

Football instincts is a completely different story. That's something that I feel that you are born with and Ginn has certainly shown that he is a very gifted football player. However, Ginn's ability is not being used to his full potential in this offense. That isn't Ginn's fault, it's Pennington's fault due to lack of arm strength.

44. mroz

mroz Starter

dude had one good game in the past year and a half. I'll pull the plate of crow out of the freezer but Im not ready to even put it in the microwave yet.

45. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Bro.... don't you know some on here have him on the All-Pro list for this season.... LMAO

Keep that crow in the back of the freezer... chances are one day you'll just end up throwing it away....

46. dreamwalker

And where did you get this definition? Curious, i checked and and didnt see pro defined this way

Again by defiition you are incorrect. By definition a productive (can produce) pro (gets paid) has nothing to do with over the course of a season or seasons. Please refer back to me asking to check your definitions (this is not about how you feel, what you think, or your gut feeling) I ASKED YOU TO CHECK the dictionary NOT "thedayafter dictionary of modern, modern english"

You know- a real one

Now refer to my last post
    NOW you may have meant that he has not been proven to be productive on a regular basis but that is not what you said, in fact you turned around and tried to put an exclaimation point on you post (a post that- as i have done above is PROVEN incorrect)

And when you tried to put 2 exclaimation points on a point that was without thought it became silly.

Your breakout performance definition is a good one and to a degree i agree with that but it had nothing to do with my original post so i will not address that any further other than to say please send me the "thedayafter edition dictionary of modern, modern english. I think it would come in handy if we wish to continue this conversation
    Please see "reading comprehension" and then go back and find where i said he was an all pro :lol:
    As it stands anyone reading this would see you said that because of an agenda

Let me help with the comprehension part- here is what you were refering to.
    Hint- prodctive pro has already been proven.
    Addtional help- add "all" before pro and you may be a bit more correct

i said that you would be correct if you said "HE HAS NOT PROVEN HE IS AN ALL PRO"

47. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Clearly... you're in over your head.... just because you don't "get it".... suggest you go back to school... and play your "grasshopper" games with them...

I mean... why continue.... pointless really... buh-bye

48. dreamwalker

Perfect rebuttal

I have to give you credit these points you addressed really made me understand where you are coming from. You were clear and concise with your facts; and the way you laid it all out as to why you are right is undebatable :unsure:

49. Greatness920

Greatness920 G.O.A.T

no it wazs chad's fault becuz he didnt get the ball to him in past games which woulda helped him out this is the first game he threw deep to him and underthrew it a bit but still as long as he LOOKS at ted gin then hell have games like he did last sunday

50. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan FinHeaven VIP

You acknowledge that he has a lot of talent and that he just had a 175 yard game yet you say that he isn't a factor in this offense. You don't seem to have an facts to back up these statements. I think it's more about your general bias against Ginn.