Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Today's performance from Ted Ginn was outstanding. He showed playmaking ability, toughness and determination today, and I am impressed. I have criticized Ginn for not progressing enough. He showed some big signs today that he is improving. I'm not buying the "McGee was hurt and that's why he gained 175 yards". Looking forward to seeing more days where Ted changes the game...(reaches for the tabasco sauce and bleu cheese)...I'm ready to eat my crow now!

I've been ragging on Ginn quite a bit lately, Teddy, nothing makes me happier than to see you come out with a HUGE game for us against the Bills.

You went out and fought for the ball, made plays with your feet, and played with your heart.

Thank you, keep up the good work :)

As a Ginn supporter, going into the season, I'm still not ready to declare him vindicated. I did love how he listened to his dad and showed no fear taking hits, broke a long (at least for CP) one to stretch the field and his being one of the most productive WRs in the league yesterday.

Always thought he was a reach at 9 (but not as much of a reach as Quinn) and to this day wish we had Willis instead, BUT BUT BUT, have also always maintained that his sure hands and speed make him a special offensive and ST weapon and that those ready to trade him for a few trinkets of gold -just because he was overdrafted were shortsighted mushroom smokers. Whether we overpaid or not, we do have him and should keep him, short of a blockbuster offer.

A few performances like yesterday though, would confirm we definitely have a dynamic #2 receiver to go with the Andre/Calvin Johnson type #1 we sign or draft and #3 Camarillo.

5eg595-1.jpg

no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.

I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

I think it is appropriate for many on this (and those people know who they are) to at least admit that they were causing a lot of BS on this site and those who have lowered the substance of the threads but not giving a player time to develop without calling out players with labels or suggesting that a second year player is terrible or what have you.

With that said, I am not declaring that Ginn is there, yet. I think it is apparent that he is improving/developing after re watching watching this game, as Coach Sparano and others on this site have been suggesting. Just goes to show no one seems to listen when history has proved time and time again, that it takes time for MOST players to develop and with regards to the WR position it takes years.

I think it is appropriate to say that many posters need to stop jumping the gun and causing a lot more grief then what is necessary. I understand expressing an opinion, but not when its not rational or well thought out. Its frustrating to see the garbage posts and threads that support an opinion about a player that is clearly expressed out of frustration and impatience.

I for one have never called Ginn a bust but i do think too often when a player has one good game then people come out of the woodwork to say okay he is now there and i told you so. One great game out of 7 does not make a great player.

no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.

the 2nd fallacy to be laid to rest is that he's afraid to go up or across in a crowd to take a hit.

Guess I should jump on the "I never called him a bust bandwagon" as well. I always have and always will continue to root for him to play well. No, I wasnt happy we picked him at 9, but hell its not like he had any control over where he was picked in the draft, he's a Dolphin now and thats all that matters.

I have been disgruntled due to his lack of production, but never said he was a bust (heck its only his second season.)

Lets hope this is just a step into his development as a WR :)

the 2nd fallacy to be laid to rest is that he's afraid to go up or across in a crowd to take a hit.

I agree too many piled on him for being soft. He just needs to do what he does best. I think in the longterm he will be a good number 2 receiver. Still think we made a mistake taking him over other players but he is on our team now so lets hope for the best.

That definitly went a ways to being dispelled. He hung in with contact on that first catch and fought for the ball, and, ran the post very well. I still want to see his head screwed on straight re; plays like going OOB to avoid contact in critical situation. He's also got to realize that he's going to be trailed on plays, and, to take care of the ball so somone can't punch it out from behind. Very good situational awareness on the long post rout, though, switching the ball to his outside arm.

These threads are a prime example of getting excited too early. Performance needs to be consistent and then we can talk. From my time in Finheaven which has been long, I have noticed many people rant on a player during these performances(those who hated on the player), then when it comes to a day where we lose then they go buckwild over the player. Then the ones who were fans of the player point back to the single performance the player had on a previous.

Sigh...............

Really? Ginn isn't a bust because he played well in one game? But up until now he was the worst pick we have had in years?

You people really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I have been pulling for Ginn ever since we drafted him. This is now his second year and half way through it. One game does not off set 22 games where he has not done well. Let's not proclaim him as worthy of our #1 pick until he can become consistently good.

I hope Sunday was his "light coming on" game and begins progressing to a pro bowl caliber player. I wish him the best and as a dolphins fan I want him to succeed in a big way...however, let's not get carried away yet.

Back
Top Bottom