Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

Justin Smiley: "were not surprised by Ginn cause no one can cover him in practice".

Justin Smiley: "were not surprised by Ginn cause no one can cover him in practice".

Well most of the time with the exception of Allen, W. they cant cover anybody in games either so not sure what that means.

no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.

Actually, in the world of Dolphin fan forums it does. I haven't figured out the math used to come to these conclusions, but somehow in these cases 2+2= 6...so to speak.

As a Ginn supporter, going into the season, I'm still not ready to declare him vindicated. I did love how he listened to his dad and showed no fear taking hits, broke a long (at least for CP) one to stretch the field and his being one of the most productive WRs in the league yesterday.

Always thought he was a reach at 9 (but not as much of a reach as Quinn) and to this day wish we had Willis instead, BUT BUT BUT, have also always maintained that his sure hands and speed make him a special offensive and ST weapon and that those ready to trade him for a few trinkets of gold -just because he was overdrafted were shortsighted mushroom smokers. Whether we overpaid or not, we do have him and should keep him, short of a blockbuster offer.

A few performances like yesterday though, would confirm we definitely have a dynamic #2 receiver to go with the Andre/Calvin Johnson type #1 we sign or draft and #3 Camarillo.

5eg595-1.jpg

I thought he was a reach at the time as well, but as you said, we just have to deal with the here and now and hope he continues to progress as a Miami Dolphin.

I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

I think it was necessary for me. I have been pretty hard on Ted Ginn, not because I was "picking" on him, but because he wasn't producing on the level you expect from a top ten pick in his second year. I honestly didn't think we'd ever see a performance like we did yesterday from him. Just want to give the young man some props. Now, does Ted Ginn have a long way to go before he can be considered an elite receiver? ABSOLUTELY! But realistically, I think we saw a sign yesterday that we have a young man that, at the very worst, can be a good wide receiver in this league.

This was the game that everybody was waiting for from Ted Ginn. I was very excited for him yesterday, and hopefully he continues to build upon an amazing performance.

Yeah, I actually did not know it either until I did some digging. :(

Very sad. At first when I saw your sig, I thought it might be his son. I hate to say that thankfully it wasn't because death sucks...period, no matter if it's your parents, children or anyone close.

Sigh...............

Really? Ginn isn't a bust because he played well in one game? But up until now he was the worst pick we have had in years?

You people really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

:woot:Isnt it silly how someone would judge a player on a limited amout of views and a limited amout of opportunities? It happens so rarely- in fact until now i have never read a post where a fan declared a player a bust a little too early, I never read a post like that here, or any other message board :sidelol:

Put the anoiting oil back on the shelf.... he's a long way away from being a productive pro...

Put the anoiting oil back on the shelf.... he's a long way away from being a productive pro...

check that
steps to correct the post
1) check vocablulary
2) check thesaurus

Hint- prodctive pro has already been proven.
Addtional help- add "all" before pro and you may be a bit more correct
:woot:

I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

actually, you could make the argument that Chad did hinder Ginn even in this game. that 1st play should have been a touchdown, if Ginn didn't have to slow down and make a great play on an underthrown pass. Another play he's streaking across the middle and Chad throws behind him.

Just suck in up and admit that some of you guys might have jumped the gun and been overly critical of a young player who is not fully developed.

The people who find 'eating crow' stupid are usually those who want to spout off tons of nonsense, and never be held accountable when they are wrong (not that anyone is proven right or wrong on Ginn based off of 1 game, but it's a nice time to be one who has supported him vs trashing him)

actually, you could make the argument that Chad did hinder Ginn even in this game. that 1st play should have been a touchdown, if Ginn didn't have to slow down and make a great play on an underthrown pass. Another play he's streaking across the middle and Chad throws behind him.

Just suck in up and admit that some of you guys might have jumped the gun and been overly critical of a young player who is not fully developed.

The people who find 'eating crow' stupid are usually those who want to spout off tons of nonsense, and never be held accountable when they are wrong (not that anyone is proven right or wrong on Ginn based off of 1 game, but it's a nice time to be one who has supported him vs trashing him)

I assume you mean me since you parroted what I said. I don't know that I have been overly critical of Ginn ever. I've never called him a bust. I have called into question his heart and his head as evidenced by the plays everyone knows about already. I'll re-state if necessary but we all know....

I have 23 games to base my previous opinions on. One good game and I try to give a few compliments? Forget it. :shakeno:

*Pfft*..Whatever. Wollow in your glory. Forget I tried to say anything nice about a Dolphin that helped the team. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom