Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice

Matt Moore to Minnesota??

hes much better then Sanchez & Mettenberger.....

sucks for AP another wasted year for probably the best RB of my time.

I wish well for Teddy i am surprised this happened to him

Matt Moore has no value for the Vikings. The Vikings actually have a guy who is pretty similar to Matt Moore in Shaun Hill already.

Hill is entirely capable of being a guy who hands off to AP and occasionally puts the ball up to Diggs. He's not great, but that team can survive with him.

Via Brian Murphey of St. Paul Pioneer Press' twitter:

Bad scene. Bridgewater down in pocket grabbing left knee. Players freaked out, swearing and praying. Immobilized. Practice halted.

Adrian Peterson, Matt Asiata and Adam Thielen locked arms inprayer huddled over prone Bridgewater, who clutched left knee and never moved.

I was 20 yards upfield on left sideline when Bridgewater dropped back. Didn't appear to be touched before he went down clutching left knee.
You could hear a pin drop on field as Bridgewater was tended do on ground -- silence only broken by several F-bombs players screamed.

This is probably a complete tear with a dislocation as some have eluded to. It would be super hard to imagine you could put enough torque on a bone in non-contact to produce a compound fracture. But a dislocation would explain the paramedic to stabilize the knee and the sedation.

Terrible for Teddy.

FYI:

40875tn.jpg

Im gonna be sick

Its pretty reasonable to assume its a traumatic leg/knee injury based on the unusual response (paramedics, trauma hospital, likely going into shock) and I bet hes under the knife far more quickly than is usual for knee injuries. Might be a situation where they have to operate fast to save the leg.

VIKINGS: Bridgewater Knee Injury - Shop Matt Moore?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2016, 5:24 PM EDT
597189896-e1472592187332.jpg
Getty Images
Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewatersuffered a “significant knee injury” in practice on Tuesday, coach Mike Zimmer told reporters earlier this hour.
“I doesn’t look good right now,” Zimmer said regarding the possibility that it’s a season-ending knee injury.
“They sedated him,” Zimmer said, explaining that he’s having an MRI performed at a local hospital. “I love this kid. Our fans love this kid.”
Zimmer said more information will be coming later tonight or Wednesday regarding the specific nature of the injury.
“We’re not going to stick our heads in the sand,” Zimmer said. “We’re not looking for excuses. We have some great football players on this team, figure out how to win football games. . . . This is about the team. This isn’t about a one-man deal. This is about the team. We have a good team. We have a good defensive team. Our defensive line is much better. We have good receivers. We have maybe the best running back in the NFL.”
Zimmer said he has spoken to his mentor, Bill Parcells, a couple of times after the injury happened. Zimmer also said he has spoken in spirit to his late father, Bill Zimmer, a longtime high school football coach.
“He always found a way to do it,” Zimmer said, “and we’re gonna figure out a way. Everybody can count us out if they want, but I think that would be the wrong thing to do.”

Should the Dolphins shop Matt Moore? Seems as though demand is growing for an experienced backup QB now with both Dallas & potentially Minnesota now with a need.

Your thoughts....:ponder:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...idgewater-suffers-apparent-injury-at-practice

Def gotta be Sanchez here. He has shown he can play with a good D and a good running game behind him as a starter. BUT, would I trade Moore to them for say a 4th absolutely. A 5th round pick, it gets tricky.

if anyone can come back from that its pocket progression based qbs like bridgewater...if that was a one read and take off type put a fork in him hes done

There are way too many quarterbacks that fit this need that are better than Moore. Matt wouldnt be worth a 7th rounder at this stage in his career. He is worth more to the Dolphins than he would be to the Vikings.

I don't think anyone wants Moore, its miami or bust for him

Back
Top Bottom