Teddy Bridgewater | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater

AJ Duhe

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to sell myself on signing Teddy Bridgewater to backup Tannehill.

Pros:
1. He has the intelligence to pickup Gase's offense quickly. He also has the prior success to actually push Tannehill.
2. His strength has always been short and intermediate accuracy.
3. Yes, he would like to start somewhere, but coming home to play and building a good reputation under Adam Gase might be incentive enough to take a backup deal.
4. I love the idea of a QB room of Tannehill, Bridgewater, and a drafted rookie. If the rookie proves to be a fast learner, Bridgewater could be a good trade commodity.

Cons:
1. Our top 2 QBs on the depth chart have serious knee concerns.

I really don't see any other cons. I think it would be worth the risk.

The obvious "con" is that he is coming off of a very, very severe knee injury. Much worse than what Tannehill had. I think that if you are going to get a veteran as a backup in case Tannehill's knee explodes (which I think is unlikely) then you aren't going to get a guy coming off of the worst knee injury imaginable, short of amputation.

Personally, I would love for Miami to sign him. But will we? I don't think the team is willing to take on that kind of medical risk in the QB room.

The obvious "con" is that he is coming off of a very, very severe knee injury. Much worse than what Tannehill had. I think that if you are going to get a veteran as a backup in case Tannehill's knee explodes (which I think is unlikely) then you aren't going to get a guy coming off of the worst knee injury imaginable, short of amputation.

Personally, I would love for Miami to sign him. But will we? I don't think the team is willing to take on that kind of medical risk in the QB room.

If you combine them...you have two healthy knees

I'd add him to the roster for sure but the main caveat I see is his asking price. He probably won't come cheap. Can't ask for better, immediate insurance in case something unfortunate happens with Thill than Bridgewater.

How much would we be willing to pay the backup QB given our cap situation? Would he take $5 mil on a short pact? Worth the conversation, no doubt, but I'd be willing to bet one of the teams in dire straits at QB will be in a better position to pony up more than us.

I'd add him to the roster for sure but the main caveat I see is his asking price. He probably won't come cheap. Can't ask for better, immediate insurance in case something unfortunate happens with Thill than Bridgewater.

How much would we be willing to pay the backup QB given our cap situation? Would he take $5 mil on a short pact? Worth the conversation, no doubt, but I'd be willing to bet one of the teams in dire straits at QB will be in a better position to pony up more than us.

If Teddy Bridgewater is available for $5m annually, that means his medical is BAD or NFL general managers are incredibly stupid morons. So... yeah, it's possible.

Interesting player. I thought he was a little overrated from what I saw of him at Louisville, but he quickly surpassed the player he was in college when he got to the pros. If he's healthy, he should be starting somewhere. Yeah, I don't know, man. Mike Glennon got a 15 million dollar contract. That's the market for even low rung starters these days. If he's in our price range, it means the knee's FUBAR.

If Teddy Bridgewater is available for $5m annually, that means his medical is BAD or NFL general managers are incredibly stupid morons. So... yeah, it's possible.

Yup. I just threw that number out there because we won't be in a position to give him much more than that with the cap issues. A team like the Jags makes more sense.

There's no easy answers for us at QB. Drafting one early still makes the most sense to me ... but who the hell knows.

If he can overcome his injury and really hope that he can. And that really Drew Brees remember was turned away from every team when he had his injury. But now look at him. A blessing in disguise for him.

Bridgewater would be very good. But he probably wants a more open chance to start. If he's going to prove himself, he'll have to play this year. Waiting for Case Keenum to meltdown is smarter than waiting Tannehill out.

I think Bradford might be a good backup here. He could even beat out Tannehill until his knees give out again. His salary demands might be too rich though.

Doesn't Teddy have a weaker arm and slow release? What is impressive about him? I'm serious, I'm not familiar with the player and the numbers look pedestrian.

Sorry for Teddy, but I'll vote to pass.

Did you see when he got hurt? While he was sitting there on the field the other guys who saw his knee were praying.

Doesn't Teddy have a weaker arm and slow release? What is impressive about him? I'm serious, I'm not familiar with the player and the numbers look pedestrian.

He doesn't have a cannon, but his arm and release are fine, IMO. He throws accurately with anticipation and you won't see many guys who throw more beautiful touch passes. He can run a complex offense that requires him to orchestrate things at the line of scrimmage and make decisive reads.

So yeah, that's the kind of guy we want. It's also why I say if his medical is fine he will be starting somewhere. He's a quality player and would be an instant upgrade for a number of teams and still has room to grow.

.......not even on the cheap?

He has said he wants to start somewhere, maybe an ideal back up situation but he wants to play.

He has said he wants to start somewhere, maybe an ideal back up situation but he wants to play.
Yeah......I really can't blame him, unfortunately, he has to prove himself again.

Back
Top Bottom