Tell how you feel about this... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell how you feel about this...

MARSHALL~LAW

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, I have been a lot of research, and I put together my own mock. I put our needs first, and added depth in the later rounds, obviously. Tell me how you would like this first 5 rounds.
Round 1. Eric Reid FS LSU
Round 2a. Robert Woods WR USC
Round 2b. Desmond Trufant CB Washington
Round 3a. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Round 3b. Kyle Long OT Oregon
Round 4. Johnathan Bostic ILB Florida
Round 5. Hugh Thornton G Illinois

I like the Robert Woods pick but hitting on a FS is absurd in the 1st. If anything we HAVE to go for WR/TE/DE/CB, this team has no business going for any safety with their 1st pick in this draft.

Appreciate the thought and effort you put into it

Not a fan of your draft though. FS w/ 1st pick? How about a DE or CB instead?

I like the Robert Woods pick but hitting on a FS is absurd in the 1st. If anything we HAVE to go for WR/TE/DE/CB, this team has no business going for any safety with their 1st pick in this draft.
Thank you for your input, although, I would feel a little more safe drafting a FS in the first round, than I would a WR. This years WR class is not very good. Eric Reid, to me, is a safer pick than any WR coming out in the draft this year. Eric Reid and Rashaad Jones would be a wonderful uberella for our secondary. Again, I appreciate your input, and thank you for having an open mind.

As big of an LSU freak as I am, I'd be disappointed with that. Eric Reid was a liability in coverage for us this year. I'd rather Mingo or Montgomery at 12 if no big time playmaker on offense is available.

Why pick the 3rd best safety in the first round?

Hey guys/gals, I have been a lot of research, and I put together my own mock. I put our needs first, and added depth in the later rounds, obviously. Tell me how you would like this first 5 rounds.
Round 1. Eric Reid FS LSU
Round 2a. Robert Woods WR USC
Round 2b. Desmond Trufant CB Washington
Round 3a. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Round 3b. Kyle Long OT Oregon
Round 4. Johnathan Bostic ILB Florida
Round 5. Hugh Thornton G Illinois

Whose going to help Wake with the pass rush?

Why pick the 3rd best safety in the first round?
Whos telling you that hes the 3rd best safety? T.J. McDonald out of USC will be drafted late in the first rd. and Kenny Vaccaro our of Texas is not a 1st round pick. Who else?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Whose going to help Wake with the pass rush?
I think we get a free agent in here to help with that.

I like your draft - but I would go DE or LB at 12 if there are no skill position playmakers worthy.

I believe that there will be no beast-level TE's available at 12.

WR's? We'll see...right now, it seems that no WR has a top 15 pick grade - however, one may pull a Stephen Hill at the combine and move up the boards.

Speaking of Hill, as GT fan I liked the kid, but I think he was drafted too high AND he's going to take 3 years to develop as none of the GT WR's were excellent route runners.

Megatron (a GT grad as well) is a different story altogether, he is, was and will always be a beast and was worthy of a top 10 pick.

I think Bey-Bey (Demarious Moore - Broncos) another GT grad is a hell of a ball player too, but I'm not sure he would be our pick if he were coming out this year at #12. Still too high. I could be wrong though.

I like your draft - but I would go DE or LB at 12 if there are no skill position playmakers worthy.

I believe that there will be no beast-level TE's available at 12.

WR's? We'll see...right now, it seems that no WR has a top 15 pick grade - however, one may pull a Stephen Hill at the combine and move up the boards.

Speaking of Hill, as GT fan I liked the kid, but I think he was drafted too high AND he's going to take 3 years to develop as none of the GT WR's were excellent route runners.

Megatron (a GT grad as well) is a different story altogether, he is, was and will always be a beast and was worthy of a top 10 pick.

I think Bey-Bey (Demarious Moore - Broncos) another GT grad is a hell of a ball player too, but I'm not sure he would be our pick if he were coming out this year at #12. Still too high. I could be wrong though.
I agree, though I do see Buffalo reaching for Keenan Allen at #8.

:thanks: for the post, but like everyone else...I like mine better. :lol: (See Below)

I like your draft BUT.....I see Buffalo reaching for Keenan Allen at #8. I wouldn't even draft him at #12 though.

Keenan is an IDEAL pick for a west coast team. His route running doesn't get much better for a player coming out and has deceptive speed because of how well he setups up his defenders with his route running. He has excellent hands and size at 6' 3" 205lbs. He isnt afraid to go over the middle. As a prospect he is very polished. and If Buffalo reaches as you say then so be it, but at #12 its a worthy pick.

I guess I need to research Keenan Allen - I saw the YouTube stuff and he looks outstanding. But can someone please tell me if this kid has the goods and is worthy at 12?

Does he have the body(size-strength)/the leadership/the YAC ability/the work ethic/the "getting into the endzone" ability that we need to pick him at 12 (if he is available)?

Back
Top Bottom