Ten Signs You're a Veteran Dolphins Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten Signs You're a Veteran Dolphins Fan

Good stuff.The Marino show was great back in the day.

This is pretty funny.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/08/dolphins_fans.php

The Dan Marino Show segment is unbelievable. The "Stuff Phin's Fans Say" video is classic.

"All I have to say is 'Ted Ginn Jr' " :lol:

"Do they have fans in Buffalo? Is that even a real place" I thought it was imaginary."

Thanks for that. Jesus I remember watching that specific Dan Marino show when it first aired.

BTW, Buffalo is my most hated team, not the Jets. Yeah, I hated losing games here and there and then those freaking streaks. But I grew up in an era that had us fighting them in the playoffs and for the division title yearly. They also killed Marino's last chance at a SB. That franchise can burn in hell.

Doesn't work. Not the way it should. I appreciate the New Times but their sarcastic retrospective pieces are always written by reporters who weren't there, at least not at an age to fully grasp and later describe.

"Can't Touch This?" I don't even remember that song because it came around too late. With the Dolphins it's particularly ridiculous to pretend that the '80s or '90s were vintage era given our glory years in the early '70s. There should have been references to that period but the writer can't threaten to do so.

I suppose it's too his credit that he didn't try to force anything. Even that documentary representation by Roy Firestone a year or so ago was poorly done in some respects, notably too much weight to the Hispanic angle. It was hardly a growing multicultural community at that time but in deference to current demographics Firestone somehow decided to absurdly exaggerate the angle. It was hilarious when he found clips of one or two Hispanics in the Orange Bowl. Reminded me of blacks at the GOP convention.

How can you feature pictures of Dion Jordan and Joe Robbie Stadium in an article about veteran fans? No wisecracks about the Orange Bowl or Wahoo McDaniel. I guess veteran means 35 or 40.

That publication has done pieces like this previously. IMO, this is easily the weakest version. Among 10 there was plenty of room for every generation to recognize something important to their heyday as a fan, instead of cramming everything within a narrow window.

Zubaz pants crack me up every time.

:lol: Rick and Suds. Between them and Phil Hendrie, WIOD just killed drive time radio in those days. Reminds me of this:

[video=youtube;XGFhcU9zkFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFhcU9zkFk[/video]

I had to pull over to the side of the road because I was laughing so hard it hurt when I heard this the first time. Larry King calls into WIOD after hearing that Don Shula was getting trashed on the air, and Phil Hendrie straight clowns that degenerate bum.

I've only known the Dolphins to play in two places: The Orange Bowl and Joe Robbie Stadium.

I've seen the "Can't Touch Us" video before but just watching it again now I have to say, what in the flying **** were these tools thinking?

This is pretty funny.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/08/dolphins_fans.php

The Dan Marino Show segment is unbelievable. The "Stuff Phin's Fans Say" video is classic.

"All I have to say is 'Ted Ginn Jr' " :lol:

"Do they have fans in Buffalo? Is that even a real place" I thought it was imaginary."

#2 is SO true, I realize many fans that are newer only have memories of this recent Pats/Brady team, but the hatred for the Jets goes back decades and decades

I taught my kids early that the Jets are the devil. The Jets are my most bitter enemy. I still call it Joe Robbie and still miss the Orange Bowl. I miss Dolfan Denny in his sparkly ass outfit with that towel thing and the real fight song...this is one time Jimmy Buffett is the wrong answer.

#2 is SO true, I realize many fans that are newer only have memories of this recent Pats/Brady team, but the hatred for the Jets goes back decades and decades

Before Brady and Belichick, New England was more commonly referred to as the "Patsies". I loathe the Jets and Buffalo would be a close second for their domination of the 90's with Kelly To Reed, Thurman Thomas screen passes and Pro Bowl Special Teamer Mark "padded helmet" Kelso. For the most part Marino was able to get the best of Bruce smith & Co. with his lightening release.

I think the Jets have to be the #1 most hated team for most South Florida fans simply due to the sheer number of New York transplants we got down here.

If we had to hate a team based on what they've done against us on the field, it'd definitely have to be the Patriots; not just for the last 15 years, but for 1985, too. The Bills had a good run for a few years, but between 0 for the 70s and their complete irrelevance for the past 20 years, I just can't hate the poor ****ers.

Before Brady and Belichick, New England was more commonly referred to as the "Patsies". I loathe the Jets and Buffalo would be a close second for their domination of the 90's with Kelly To Reed, Thurman Thomas screen passes and Pro Bowl Special Teamer Mark "padded helmet" Kelso. For the most part Marino was able to get the best of Bruce smith & Co. with his lightening release.

Yes there was a time in the mid 90's when my hatred for the Bills did temporarily surpass that of the Jets, mainly because they had a very big part in keeping Marino from ever getting back to the big dance.

Poorly executed IMO. The writer barely remembers the "glory days" of the 80's and 90's. He can't even spell Bob Brudzinski's name correctly.

Also, Shula coached 33 seasons, not 36 as the author suggests.

What a tool.

Back
Top Bottom