Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson 2012 Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson 2012 Highlights

If he can Polish his game up.. This kid could be special.. There are alot of good WR coming out this year.. I hope we hit on one.. Two would be better..lol Combination of Patterson & Hunter, Bailey And maybe one of the top TE would be awesome..

we need to get greedy on playmakers. In 2010 we had a chance to trade for Marshall and still draft Dez Bryant. Bess and Hartline are 3 and 4's.

I've watched all the video available on this guy, and he is one bad azz mothaahh, stone cold legit.. I don't think he will make it to us at 12, but if he does we better pick him and I think he fits Irelands idea of a playmaker. Let run through the check list:

Can catch? YES
Runs fast? YES
Runs after the catch? YES
Can make something out of nothing on his own ability? YES
Does he Score touchdowns? YES
Does he catch Interceptions? YES, if he played defense..

Come at me Bro. ;)

So I think we should draft him, but I wouldn't hesitate to draft Hopkins from Clemson if we don't get Patterson. This is the most interesting draft in the last 10 yrs...We have a lot of picks.

For God's sake, watch the lowlights as well as the highlights with this kid. Look, I think he's worth the gamble, but don't think it isn't a gamble. He's as much running back as he is receiver. His route running, catching, blocking, endzone and other skills all need major work. That's not just me, that's a lot of smarter people than me out there looking at him and coming away with misgivings over how raw he is and how slowly he is honing his craft. I was reading a Seattle forum the other day and they were all seemingly up for taking a receiver with their low first rounder (I know, cause they're really short of good receivers...). Most were pulling for Hopkins over Patterson. I can see why too, they have playmaker types on the field already so they want a guy who they KNOW is going to be productive.

I happen to agree with them on Hopkins. I watched a good bit more of him over the weekend, from last season and this one. When you strip out the love-fest there appears to be between Boyd and Watkins (and let's be honest, who wouldn't target Watkins, just maybe not as much as Boyd), and you just watch Hopkins, that kid is open ALL the time. He's a bit slight for beating the jam at times (though he looks like Lennox Lewis next to Hunter), but he's going to be successful in the NFL.

We're crying out for a playmaking WR to ignite the fanbase, fire up the team and get us more Ws in the column. But it's a lot of expectation to be putting on a guy who shouldn't see the field for his first year. I would be very tempted, but we also all need to be careful what we wish for... Given we run the WCO, I think it's very unlikely we just trot him out there and let him run fast and loose all over the place. He might get a look in a few package plays, maybe on returns, but he faces a big learning curve to first be a receiver and then a WCO receiver.

What he's got can't be taught. No question about that, but it's going to have to be wrapped in a great deal of hard work to make it effective for Miami. Meanwhile there are other, more polished WRs out there like Allen, Hopkins, Patton, Woods who can make an impression sooner. I don't want to get all Jeff Ireland on this topic, but I wouldn't shoot the FO for passing on Patterson, even if my gut says he'll be worth it in 2 or 3 seasons.

For God's sake, watch the lowlights as well as the highlights with this kid. Look, I think he's worth the gamble, but don't think it isn't a gamble. He's as much running back as he is receiver. His route running, catching, blocking, endzone and other skills all need major work. That's not just me, that's a lot of smarter people than me out there looking at him and coming away with misgivings over how raw he is and how slowly he is honing his craft. I was reading a Seattle forum the other day and they were all seemingly up for taking a receiver with their low first rounder (I know, cause they're really short of good receivers...). Most were pulling for Hopkins over Patterson. I can see why too, they have playmaker types on the field already so they want a guy who they KNOW is going to be productive.

I happen to agree with them on Hopkins. I watched a good bit more of him over the weekend, from last season and this one. When you strip out the love-fest there appears to be between Boyd and Watkins (and let's be honest, who wouldn't target Watkins, just maybe not as much as Boyd), and you just watch Hopkins, that kid is open ALL the time. He's a bit slight for beating the jam at times (though he looks like Lennox Lewis next to Hunter), but he's going to be successful in the NFL.

We're crying out for a playmaking WR to ignite the fanbase, fire up the team and get us more Ws in the column. But it's a lot of expectation to be putting on a guy who shouldn't see the field for his first year. I would be very tempted, but we also all need to be careful what we wish for... Given we run the WCO, I think it's very unlikely we just trot him out there and let him run fast and loose all over the place. He might get a look in a few package plays, maybe on returns, but he faces a big learning curve to first be a receiver and then a WCO receiver.

What he's got can't be taught. No question about that, but it's going to have to be wrapped in a great deal of hard work to make it effective for Miami. Meanwhile there are other, more polished WRs out there like Allen, Hopkins, Patton, Woods who can make an impression sooner. I don't want to get all Jeff Ireland on this topic, but I wouldn't shoot the FO for passing on Patterson, even if my gut says he'll be worth it in 2 or 3 seasons.

I've cooled on Patterson to Miami for a few reasons. We're not going to be competing next season, so I'm not worried about that angle. I am, though, worried about getting Tannehill as much help as soon as possible. He needs to start having some success throwing the ball down the field, or he runs the risk of turning into another C. Henne. I'd rather draft Cooper or Johnson with the first pick and look to WR at the top of the 2nd and then again at the bottom of the 2nd or the top of the 3rd. That's where the grouping has the value this year - the way I see it. I wouldn't pass on defensive talent for the sake of it, but for this draft, I'd be much more focused on the offense. It's not just because we're so bad on offense and we need so much help. As I said, we need Tannehill to start experiencing some legitimate success. Obviously, the bulk of it is on his shoulders, but we have to give him the necessary tools.

I've cooled on Patterson to Miami for a few reasons. We're not going to be competing next season, so I'm not worried about that angle. I am, though, worried about getting Tannehill as much help as soon as possible. He needs to start having some success throwing the ball down the field, or he runs the risk of turning into another C. Henne. I'd rather draft Cooper or Johnson with the first pick and look to WR at the top of the 2nd and then again at the bottom of the 2nd or the top of the 3rd. That's where the grouping has the value this year - the way I see it. I wouldn't pass on defensive talent for the sake of it, but for this draft, I'd be much more focused on the offense. It's not just because we're so bad on offense and we need so much help. As I said, we need Tannehill to start experiencing some legitimate success. Obviously, the bulk of it is on his shoulders, but we have to give him the necessary tools.
We better damn well be competing.

I think he is the best WR in this year's draft.....slightly ahead of Keenan Allen.....I hope we can draft him and Stedman Bailey.

I've seen the lowlights on Patterson as well as the highlights. The lowlights are bothersome. The highlights are unbelievable.

He's a risky prospect as a wide receiver, but that doesn't mean he's a ridiculously risky prospect as a total football player.

It's true, if you're talking about getting yourself another Torry Holt, you're taking a lot more risk with Cordarrelle Patterson than some of the other players in this Draft.

However, the pure FLOOR on him as a football player is higher than for a lot of receiver prospects. Receiver prospects for the most part, if they're not really compelling as wide receivers, they're dead in the water. They're Michael Clayton, or Craig "Buster" Davis.

Cordarrelle is a little bit different in that he also presents tremendous return value as well as the ability to run screens, RAC routes and verticals. Essentially the minimum you're going to get from a Cordarrelle Patterson is a cross between Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs. Not quite Hester because we certainly don't know Patterson will be one of the best return men ever, but not quite Cribbs either because Patterson has more pure athletic ability.

You're always going to get some kind of value out of him. It's a little bit like Ted Ginn. We love to disparage Ted Ginn, for good reason, but 7 years later and he's still playing football on Sundays. That's because his floor was actually higher than most other wide receivers.

what bothers me is that his big plays come from an end around and returns. much easier to do in college. stop and think about this. its not that i dont think he can be a good receiver. im just not sure he will turn on from the get go. robert woods can run a good end around, but he is also a polished receiver.

what bothers me is that his big plays come from an end around and returns. much easier to do in college. stop and think about this. its not that i dont think he can be a good receiver. im just not sure he will turn on from the get go. robert woods can run a good end around, but he is also a polished receiver.

My line of thinking on Patterson was similar when I first watched his highlight video(s). However, I think one has to realize the bigger picture: that he was (and is) very raw as a receiver and that the end arounds and gadgets were the best way to get the ball in his hands and see what he can do. I think the videos on youtube of him in individual games are a much better indicator of what he can do overall. After watching those, I was surprised to see that he is a hell of a lot more physical than I initially gave him credit for. His hands also look better than I originally thought, too. The guy is definitely green as grass when it comes to route running and what not but his physical talent is off the damn charts. I personally would be pretty hesitant to take him at #12 but if Ireland nuts up and does it I wouldn't be disappointed, either. I'm quite confident that it would not be a Ted Ginn repeat.

I was impressed by his capacity to break so many tackles. However Ted Ginn looked incredible in his stream of highlights too.

Back
Top Bottom