Texans are making proposals!

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Texans | Team has exchanged contract proposals with M. Williams
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:53:48 -0700
Updating a previous report, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/17">Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans have exchanged contract proposals with North Carolina State DL Mario Williams' agent, according to multiple league sources.

All they are trying to do is one of two things, make all trades go through them and the other is trying to make Reggie lower his contract. Reggies there man and if someone were to trade up they would have to give up the farm. Mario Williams is a great player but they are going to take Reggie Bush. Mind games.

I think thier best option would be to trade the pick and take Williams since they already have Davis and Morency as well as Hollings. Bush is a very special player and could fetch a nice trade.

I think they are trying to bait the Saints into trading up to take Williams at the #1 slot

Because that is the man NO wants I believe, and basically Houston is saying 'If you want him, take him from us'

culpepper2chambers said:
so one time doesnt mean its going to work.........and ur telling me u would pass on bush?

It all depends on your team. No one player in the NFL is so good that they could not get more value in a trade. The Texans have bigger problems than runningback, in fact its not a problem. For example I assume you are a finfan, if we had that pick would you take Bush? Now many would say we already have Brown, well they already have Davis I think its in thier best interest if they can get enough in trade to trade the pick. The Texans have drafted a runningback in the second, third and fourth round the last three year. If they draft Bush, Davis needs to be traded just so they are not paying big money for two runningbacks. The problem with trading Davis is they just resigned him to an extension last year. There is not a player on the Dolphins that I would not trade for the right price. I think Bush is the kind of player that can fetch alot of real nice offers unlike last year when we could not convince anyone to take our pick.

culpepper2chambers said:
if texas passes on bush they are idiots bush is once in a lifetime player

LOL once in a lifetime . . mark my words u will hear that quote next year when Adrian Peterson comes out. Its funny, Bush is like Dwayne Wade . . small and explosive. Peterson is like Lebron . . big and explosive. They always say u can't teach size. Point is, there will be bigger and better players as the years go on.

This is the WORST attempt at a smokescreen in NFL Draft history!

IMO Texans shouldnt have signed carr to an agreement til after the draft. They should have made a silent deal with carr that they will give him an extension after the draft, but this way they can get more trade value for the pick.

The Texans don't need Bush. DDavis is a quality back. With AJohnson, Moulds and DD this team doesn't need another skill player. This team needs OL(Ferguson) and defense (Williams).If they can trade with the Jets and get their 2nd round pick as well, they should do it.

Back
Top Bottom