Thank you Mr. Ross! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Mr. Ross!

hemidemon

Starter
Reaction score
Thank you for sticking to your guns and not giving Fisher final say on personnel. I was hoping to have Fisher as our coach, but that price is to high to pay. It shows Ross is not desperate and is in control. Coaches do not make good GMs and personnel men. I know a lot of people on this board are going to disagree with me but the right decision was made. :hclap:

Thank you for sticking to your guns and not giving Fisher final say on personnel. I was hoping to have Fisher as our coach, but that price is to high to pay. It shows Ross is not desperate and is in control. Coaches do not make good GMs and personnel men. I know a lot of people on this board are going to disagree with me but the right decision was made. :hclap:

Not being a dick, but it's not like Ireland has made the best personnel moves anyway. Not sure how much better or worse Fischer would have been but it wouldn't exactly be a tragedy if we told Ireland to shove it... Personally I want to be rid of anyone who was ever associated with Bill Parcells for good.

I agree 100%. The coach should not have final say on personnel. A coach always thinks short term. Let's not forget what Wannestedt did when he had control. Cudos to Mr Ross !

That's the problem. People put Ireland with Parcells. It's interesting to me that people who want Ireland fired admit this last draft was his best. It's the first one where he has had the final say. Every GM in the NFL has bad picks and busts on his resume. Ireland isn't any different. Ireland hits on his top picks. For the most part his free agent signings have worked out. Like him or not, Ireland has a good eye for talent. We fire him today, he's got another job before the day is over.

I love how you are thanking ross hahaha fisher didnt pick us thats the key. and you think we didnt want to pay that high and give him what he wants.. haha ur funny

Yeah thank you to get rid off a great head coach and support one of the worst GM in the NFL, I'm so happy!

That's the problem. People put Ireland with Parcells. It's interesting to me that people who want Ireland fired admit this last draft was his best. It's the first one where he has had the final say. Every GM in the NFL has bad picks and busts on his resume. Ireland isn't any different. Ireland hits on his top picks. For the most part his free agent signings have worked out. Like him or not, Ireland has a good eye for talent. We fire him today, he's got another job before the day is over.

What the hell was so great about this last draft? He drafted a good center in the first round, but you can find those in round 7, Daniel Thomas didn't prove anything to anybody, Clyde Gates did nothing, everybody has a hard on for Charles Clay even though he had about 10 catches the whole season, and Jimmy Wilson looks like he was a good value pick but who the hell knows?
I'm underwhelmed at best.

It came down to a business decision after some long and hard negotiations. Things didn't fall our way. I would have been Ok with Fisher, even though I thought he was holding out for too much money and power.

What the hell was so great about this last draft? He drafted a good center in the first round, but you can find those in round 7, Daniel Thomas didn't prove anything to anybody, Clyde Gates did nothing, everybody has a hard on for Charles Clay even though he had about 10 catches the whole season, and Jimmy Wilson looks like he was a good value pick but who the hell knows?
I'm underwhelmed at best.
Then you aren't looking. As for Pouncy the guy is gonna be great! Just ask the Steelers who took his brother in the 1st round. You really under-estimate the importance of o-lineman. Great lineman are not normally found in the 7th round. There are no great players normally found in the 7th round. If I remember correctly, Thomas had a high ankle sprain during the season. Before that, the kid was looking good. Towards the end of the season Gates was a step or two away from breaking several kickoff returns. Clay has shown he's got the talent to make it in the NFL. You have to give players time to develop. When you look at how these players started and consider how they are improving...they were good picks.

Back
Top Bottom