Thank you Stephen Ross! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

diehardfin

All pro
Reaction score
How about a thank you to Ross for what he has done and is trying to do. I live in San Diego and have watched a bad owner let this team, city and fans down. Ross on the other hand puts his money where his mouth is and doesn't settle for mediocrity. Does he always make the right moves? No, but he is moving in the right direction. Good job Mr. ROSS!

Meh, since he doesn't make any of the football decisions (GOOD thing ... anti-Jerry Jones) I'll tend to agree.

He signs the checks, and reaps the profits. :idk:

How about a thank you to Ross for what he has done and is trying to do. I live in San Diego and have watched a bad owner let this team, city and fans down. Ross on the other hand puts his money where his mouth is and doesn't settle for mediocrity. Does he always make the right moves? No, but he is moving in the right direction. Good job Mr. ROSS!

Well the jury is open on ROss and what u mean he doesnt settle for mediocrity he extended a coach he wanted to replace and kept the gm that failed to field a winning team in the last 4 years.

He is doing his hardest to make a winning team, no doubt about that... I like Ross, good owner... Better then Tennessees or buffaloes

Well the jury is open on ROss and what u mean he doesnt settle for mediocrity he extended a coach he wanted to replace and kept the gm that failed to field a winning team in the last 4 years.

I agree that the Sparano thing was pretty ugly, but maybe Ross saw something in Ireland that not a lot of fans were seeing at the time... or at least one of his football people did and told him to keep him...

His last 3 drafts have been better than at least 20 other NFL teams in the same span, I've already looked up a lot of the numbers... and he definitely is good with the cap although this year he seems to be going for broke , obviously realizes another losing season means he will be fired

I agree that the Sparano thing was pretty ugly, but maybe Ross saw something in Ireland that not a lot of fans were seeing at the time... or at least one of his football people did and told him to keep him...

His last 3 drafts have been better than at least 20 other NFL teams in the same span, I've already looked up a lot of the numbers... and he definitely is good with the cap although this year he seems to be going for broke , obviously realizes another losing season means he will be fired

Well in your opinion they have been better than 20 other teams but trading down and taking odrick instead of Dez Bryant not exactly stellar and would have saved us 30 million guaranteed this year .
The jury is still out on these drafts but 2009 and 2008 are almost worthless now

Well in your opinion they have been better than 20 other teams but trading down and taking odrick instead of Dez Bryant not exactly stellar and would have saved us 30 million guaranteed this year .
The jury is still out on these drafts but 2009 and 2008 are almost worthless now

Dez Bryant is talented but lacks mental toughness.

I for one am glad he passed up on dez.. I put that on his positive side..

I dont know does just another guy on dl and just another guy at olb really add up to more than a top wr. I mean just how mentally tough are these guys.
92 receptions 1382 yards with 12 tds definately better than Misi or Odrick or them combined

Ross has had some rocky bumps along his owner's learning curve, but it appears he's now got much of that jagged trajectory behind him. It's to his credit that although used by Harbaugh who had no intent of relocating, his instincts were right, just as they were when he put a stop to Ireland trading a 3rd for Orton and then being saddled with him on a new $8MM contract. He's been a pretty good owner, could be better, but certainly an improvement over The Garbageman who didn't care about improvement so long as there were azzes sitting in those orange seats. (The Garbage Man was also a dick for doing "A Loria" before there was Loria.). I dunno if he'll ever be a Mickey Arrison but already he's the 2nd best owner in SoFL.

I guess your right though I mean if Dez was in Miami Im sure he would have already broke into a persons house and attacked an innocent guy but yea sagging your pants in a mall is so much worse

Ross has had some rocky bumps along his owner's learning curve, but it appears he's now got much of that jagged trajectory behind him. It's to his credit that although used by Harbaugh who had no intent of relocating, his instincts were right, just as they were when he put a stop to Ireland trading a 3rd for Orton and then being saddled with him on a new $8MM contract. He's been a pretty good owner, could be better, but certainly an improvement over The Garbageman who didn't care about improvement so long as there were azzes sitting in those orange seats. (The Garbage Man was also a dick for doing "A Loria" before there was Loria.). I dunno if he'll ever be a Mickey Arrison but already he's the 2nd best owner in SoFL.

I dont see how Ross has shown to be a better owner than Huzeinga at this point. Huzeinga always had the pocket book open and almost always got his man whether for right or wrong. During Huziniengas ownership we had 2 losing seasons. Im not a super fan of Wayne but no way Ross has shown to be a better owner to this point not even close.

I dont see how Ross has shown to be a better owner than Huzeinga at this point. Huzeinga always had the pocket book open and almost always got his man whether for right or wrong. During Huziniengas ownership we had 2 losing seasons. Im not a super fan of Wayne but no way Ross has shown to be a better owner to this point not even close.

Sorry, it's not even close... say what you want about resigning The Meatball, but the clueless garbageman (and you know the dirty way in which garbagemen originally secured their "contracts" and $$$) got played by JJ and would have complacently kept Wanny and his hapless Presser excuses forever if he would have at least kept up a level of acceptable mediocrity so long as there were asses in the seats. An aggressive owner would have seized the de facto GM responsibilities from Wanny after a few if those drafts, burning of picks to move up one slot for Carey and/or trading a 3rd to STL for Gordon.....or at least stepped in like Ross did to put a stop to trading for your boy Orton. You need to get over your rainman hatred for Ross where everyone looks better (although I doubt your hard-wiring will ever enable that.)

Back
Top Bottom