Thanks/No Thanks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks/No Thanks

beanh8er

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think there needs to be some clarification on what the Thanks and No Thanks buttons are for, especially the No Thanks button. A lot of people use it when they disagree with something that a poster posted, but on every site I've been on that utilizes a No Thanks feature, or something similar, that feature is reserved for comments that don't contribute to the discussion. The current state of No Thanks punishes a contrarian opinion even if that contrarian opinion is well thought out and educated.

Just a "fun" feature that people take waaaaay to seriously. It has no bearing on the forum or life. Everybody can turn the feature off if they choose in their general settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a "fun" feature that people take waaaaay to seriously. It has no bearing on the forum or life. Everybody can turn the feature off if they choose in their general settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't take it seriously, but posting something that you put a lot of work into just to have it bombarded with No Thanks has to be discouraging. I think the fact that there's no way of tracking overall numbers is a good thing, but still I think it stifles discussion. A stickied thread or when you hover over the No Thanks button detailing why it should be used would help. I'm not sure if this is an issue on this forum compared to one like reddit, but I don't get paid 4 million a year to evaluate message board posting trends.

Right now if someone were to say something bad about Ryan Tannehill that post would get No Thanked by the masses even if it was a perfectly valid opinion based on research. I just don't think that that should be standard operating procedure on a message board. No Thanks inherently stifles discussion.

Edit: Just saw you No Thank my first post. You bastard.

Example of a post that should be No Thanked. It adds nothing to the discussion and is completely useless.

Like this gem?

I know there's a rule against personal attacks, and I'm going to break it with this post. Feel free to report this post if you so choose. YOU are what's wrong with America today. Look up the Fermi Paradox. I've provided your ignorant ass with a link that shows you the evidence of global warming. You choose to ignore the logical conclusion in the face of overwhelming evidence. If you were ever wondering why God made your daughter retarded, you can stop wondering. He didn't make you daughter retarded. Your genes did. If your IQ is a point above 100, I'll eat my ****ing shirt. You're a god damn tea party conservative that is ****ing hijacking the country and burning it to the ground. You are a ****ing domestic terrorist. You're saying that "People much smarter than me that have done the research, their opinions mean jack ****." That's exactly the ****ing opposite of how science is supposed to work. You're a young-earth creationist(possibly creationist) and a climate change denier. Honestly I don't know two worse things to be other than an Anti-Vaxer, but you may surprise me yet and claim that. You're willfully ignorant and no amount of evidence that anyone presents to you is ever going to change you being an ignorant jackass. I hope people like you die out. We need another genocide and it needs to start with people like you.

Here's a link with more facts about Global Climate Change. I made sure it was for elementary school students, so you might be able to understand. http://www.eschooltoday.com/climate-...-children.html
Now give me my ban.

Like this gem?
See my edit hombre. But yeah I would have no problem with that post being No Thanked. I understood exactly what I was doing when I made that post. I still stand by everything that I said, but No Thanks are completely in order for that post.

I don't take it seriously, but posting something that you put a lot of work into just to have it bombarded with No Thanks has to be discouraging. I think the fact that there's no way of tracking overall numbers is a good thing, but still I think it stifles discussion. A stickied thread or when you hover over the No Thanks button detailing why it should be used would help. I'm not sure if this is an issue on this forum compared to one like reddit, but I don't get paid 4 million a year to evaluate message board posting trends.

I wouldn't worry about it. My favorite is always the ones who give the No Thanks but don't offer any reason as to why. Just means you struck a nerve and they have nothing to counter it. Many just use it as a way to say "I don't like what you are saying" rather than "I don't like how you're saying it." I try to use it to say "thanks" for the good post, regardless of whether I agree, or "no thanks" for being a dick and contributing nothing to the conversation. Even then, I tend to give sarcastic "thanks" more, usually when I've clearly touched a nerve and they go off the handle. :lol:

You've received 920 thanks and also 43 No Thanks received. That's a good ratio. Anyone has access to these numbers though.

Just noticed it and don't know whether it's a temporary system glitch, but the option to thanks/no thanks me is presently MIA. Did I inadvertently disabled something or what?
FWIW, tried to thank roymiami for a post upon seeing there was no option to do so (he might have disabled it himself, dunno), then checked on mine. :idk:

Just noticed it and don't know whether it's a temporary system glitch, but the option to thanks/no thanks me is presently MIA. Did I inadvertently disabled something or what?
FWIW, tried to thank roymiami for a post upon seeing there was no option to do so (he might have disabled it himself, dunno), then checked on mine. :idk:

Working for me, Vaark. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to thank newer posts

Back
Top Bottom