That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!!

The Jags invested a lot of high draft picks and free agent money in building that defense. Still gave up 42 points but they pretty much carried that team to the Conference Championship game. I hope the Dolphins can eventually build a defense comparable to the Jaguars and Vikings.

Can't build a damn thing when you have a buffoon like TannenBUM in Miami.

We were not beating the Steelers with Matt Moore.
Ehhh. Moore was 29-35 or something and hit 14 or 15 in a row. Yeah he fumbled 2x - the game was over before the 1st quarter ended. Had Tannehill played and our D played like that the result was the same. Had our defensive starters played (all the ones injured) AND Tannehill then yeah it would have been a game.

Jags are fun to watch. Shame I picked wrong Florida team. This franchise is done til T-Bum is gone. Let's just go after Payton Manning. Tired of this Bum over paying bums money.

Miami can’t build that type of defense when they over pay players like Branch and Kiko (or even hav Kiko on the team to begin with), the whole DL is overrated and Miami trying to play with 2 SS in the secondary.
I agree we can't build a team like that, but i expect changes are coming this year and next year. Gase seems to have his fingerprints on building this team his way, I even suspect that he might have final say on who is drafted. (can't prove it) The Dolphins are cleaning house, getting rid of assistant coaches that have been here way to long and that has to be all Gase, the team is his and with another strong draft this year, we could actually make some noise. If you look at how Gase and the Phins have drafted last year, it is clear that he is slowly building the team up, laying that foundation with an eye for the future. I really believe that the Dolphins are rebuilding right under our noses and no one seems to see it. I know mistakes have been made like Kiko, (you know how I feel about him) but Branch who I have been critical of has been hurt all year according to reports, but I expect when healthy we should see an improvement in his play. You have to give this HC and the FO time to get it right.

You all make good arguments and valid points. Is Blake Bortles elite? I don't think so. Is RT elite? Probably not but he's better than Bortles I would argue. The Dolphins defense was "supposedly" elite when the season started with Suh, Jones, McMillan, Wake, etc.....then the injury bug hit, coaches went off the deep end and outside distractions took over, oh and yeah don't let me forget we lost our starting QB. We need to get rid of these decision makers? How can the casual fan get into the ear of the owner? We NEED to make a difference somehow. If Jacksonville can do it the Dolphins can do it. I'm sick of losing.

You all make good arguments and valid points. Is Blake Bortles elite? I don't think so. Is RT elite? Probably not but he's better than Bortles I would argue. The Dolphins defense was "supposedly" elite when the season started with Suh, Jones, McMillan, Wake, etc.....then the injury bug hit, coaches went off the deep end and outside distractions took over, oh and yeah don't let me forget we lost our starting QB. We need to get rid of these decision makers? How can the casual fan get into the ear of the owner? We NEED to make a difference somehow. If Jacksonville can do it the Dolphins can do it. I'm sick of losing.

On D, injuries, yes. Add in missed assignments and being allergic to press cover. Having a cover LB would have helped a lot. Most of the talent is in place.

The Dolphins D was supposedly elite said who?

The same people that said the Dolphins would supposedly make the playoffs? Or the same people that say Tannehill is supposedly a good quarterback?

Injuries or not the Dolphins D was never going to be elite this year

All the notes in the world wont help us take that leap with the current FO they have failed to build a well rounded team that isn't stitched together will aging vets. and they keep blowing these draft picks. They need to draft day 1 impact players not projects that were "good draft value"

I don't have much hope for next season if they don't draft starters because the guys we have now are just flat out not good enough. I'm talking @ Guard, WR, TE, Tackle, CB, Safety, LB, Pass rushers... They're all below average
Yeah...if we draft well we will be a contender. The needs you listed are overstated. We are fine at cb, safety, wr, & guard. Of course we need a te, olb & we could use a pass rusher but who cares about te and lb? We don’t need pro bowlers at every position lol

Well, if the phins can draft top 5 a few yrs in a row they can pick up a couple elite players like Jalen Ramsey.
Let me remind you that last yr in the playoffs we were missing RT and 5 defensive starters.
At full strength, I thought the phins were better than Pittsburgh last season.

Miami’s problem has always been they aren’t good but they aren’t awful either. Jags have had the third worst record in the league for at least half a dozen years. Eventually you draft top players that can play when you’re in that position.

Only Cleveland continues to not be able to do it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom