That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's How you Go Into Pittsburgh and WIN a Playoff game!!!

2nd half it was mostly the Jacksonville offense answering Pittsburgh score for score. Defense got beat on 4th down for 3 scores.

Jacksonville's defense was horrendous in the second half. The announcers did not emphasize it enough. Strategy was brutal and tackling was worse than brutal. On Pittsburgh's second to last drive it was imperative for the Jaguars to at least delay the touchdown until beyond the two minute warning. They didn't even seem to understand that basic concept. They missed countless tackles and allowed Steelers to scamper out of bounds. Once the score was with 2:18 remaining it essentially gave Pittsburgh another time out, and many more permutations toward escape.

The announcers also failed to point out Pittsburgh's only chance on that kickoff with 1 second remaining. Jacksonville stupidly played everyone forward except one player back toward the 15 or 20 yard line. That was playing smack into the Steelers' hands. It was still a monumental long shot but you had to kickoff into the end zone and hope the one deep man for the Jaguars slipped while turning to retrieve the ball. If that happens then there can be a wave of Steelers chasing it for the miracle touchdown. It's a live ball.

Instead the Steeler kickoff guy merely placed the ball down to the 15 or 20 yard line, exactly where that Jaguar player was stationed. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I'm glad it was not Steelers vs. Patriots again. We've seen that surrender too many times. Pittsburgh is intimidated and simply not as well prepared. They give a decent effort but are steadily worn down, to a semi lopsided defeat.

The Jaguars might get beat far worse -- like the Colts at New England a few years ago -- but at least there's a chance they could use their handful of great players and expose the Patriots in certain areas.

Bortles is the problem. He can look fine in certain situations, like today when leading and allowed to roll out. Hard to believe New England doesn't confine him to the pocket and confuse him into key mistakes.

4 teams remaining. Name the elite QBs
Exactly. This goes to show that if the team is good, they can carry average qb play. At the beginning of the season, knowing we had Cutler, I thought we could be that. We just don't have the defensive line or secondary Jax does. We don't have their oline either. Plus, we just seemed like a poorly coached team. Penalties, the offensive offense, etc.
After watching Jax, it appears our issues are more than just some players. We have a lot to address all over.

The Jaguars defense choked big time just like many here complained about our early 2000's defense late season/playoff collapses. Only difference is the Jaguar offense stepped up, something rarely done by a dolphin offense these last 17 years when the defense collapses.

Id take Blake Bortles and cut Tannehill in a heartbeat if he beats Brady next week.

Exactly. This goes to show that if the team is good, they can carry average qb play. At the beginning of the season, knowing we had Cutler, I thought we could be that. We just don't have the defensive line or secondary Jax does. We don't have their oline either. Plus, we just seemed like a poorly coached team. Penalties, the offensive offense, etc.
After watching Jax, it appears our issues are more than just some players. We have a lot to address all over.
You might get away with average QB play for a season like Jacksonville has, but if you want to be a legitimate playoff contender each year, your QB play had better be more than average. Teams are going to figure you out eventually, and a good QB can compensate for that.

I believe Miami would have beat Pittsburgh had Tannehill played.

Nah . . .Pittsburgh took their foot off the gas on offense in that game. Our defense was too banged up. Tannehill would of gave us a better shot but only so much you can overcome.

games like yesterday are why the nfl has the public wrapped around it's finger

that was probably the best 2 playoff games I've seen in a long time...it was fantastic

in honor of sons of shula I think it should be noted that the 4 teams left I'd imagine are 4 of the top 5 defenses in the league

I'd love to see a Minnesota and jax super bowl...

kudos to jax oc and hc for knowing that they were gonna have to take some chances with bortles to win...of course they did the same thing Minnesota did to limit the qb exposure run the ball work off pa in the pass game and stay ahead of the sticks and rely on the defense

same thing philly did too

Back
Top Bottom