The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Ray Finkle

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With February 18th (Pitchers & Catchers report) exactly 27 days away I think it's about time we start up the annual and official 2006 Boston Red Sox thread. So from now on all Red Sox news/rumors/game discussions will be here for everyone and anyone wanting to chat.

(Cue Harry Doyle from the Major League movies)

Welcome back Red Sox Nation, the team has tons of new faces since we last saw them in October. No more Cowboy Uping, Kevin Millar or endless nights of seeing Edgar Renteria boot balls. Yes Manny Ramirez is still on the team (surprise surprise).....for now. MVP-Runner up David Ortiz aka Big Papi, not to be confused with the Poppy Seed Bagel at your local Dunkin' Donuts shop, is looking to put up another MVP season. Curt Schilling's ankle pain as well as his beer gut are also gone and he's looking to rebound. Speaking of rebounding, Keith Foulke hopefully has his knees and personal life back in shape. Theo is back, but he never left so we'll just move on.

Some of the new faces on this years team: 25 year old stud pitcher and former 2003 World Series MVP Josh Beckett is here in Boston and hopefully left his blisters behind in Miami. Mike Lowell will be your 2006 Comeback Player of the Year, you heard it hear first and he'll be the first player since 2004 to win the award in the AL who wasn't found taking steriods. Mark Loretta is another new addition and your starting 2nd basemen. Another new addition to the team and Boston Anger Management meetings, Juilian Tarveras who's making his first trip back to Boston since he gave up the game winning home run to Mark Bellhorn (remember him Sox fans?) in the 2004 World Series. But give Tarveras credit at least he didn't punch anything or anyone after that pitch.

Of course any day now the Red Sox could have a new CFer: Covelli Loyce Crisp, nickname Coco. Coco replaces popular Johnny Damon in CF. Coco is not only younger and cheaper than Damon but the new ownership is happy because since Crisp is bald he won't cost Henry and company extra money on electricity for using a hair dryer. Alex Gonzalez, SS, could also be on the team. The most common answer from Sox fans after hearing that is: hey at least he's not Edgar Renteria.

Important dates to remember:
February 23rd- First Full-squad workout
April 3rd- Season opener at Texas
April 11th- Home opener vs. Toronto

Projected Line Up:
CF- Crisp
2B- Loretta
DH- Ortiz
LF- Manny
3B-Lowell
C- Varitek
RF- Nixon
1B- J.T. Snow/Kevin Youkilis
SS- Cora/Gonzalez/Tony Graffinano

Projected Rotation and Pen:
SP:
Schilling
Wakefield
Beckett
Wells
Clement
Arroyo (Pen likely)
Papelbon (Pen likely)

RP:
Tarveras
Timlin
Mota (or Riske depending on what happens)
Saenez
Foulke

Personally I think this team is pretty good up and down, especially if the Crisp deal goes through. Their rotation and pen (if healthy) is very good and deep. If Schilling and Beckett can make 30 starts each and Foulke is back to 2004 form I don't see any reason why the team won't make the playoffs or even win the AL East.

27 days.... 27 days.... thank god it's almost here.

With the Dolphins season having been over for a couple of weeks, the focus steadily turns to the Red Sox.

Welcome to the Finheaven chapter of Red Sox Nation, I know we have lots of Sox fans on this board, the more the merrier.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the news of the trade that lands Coco Crisp in Boston. If this thing goes down, we have a very deep and talented team, and we're getting younger... all good things.

I can't wait, with this team we are going to make some serious noise.. and we still have the games most feared weapon.

clear.gif

Go Sox!

FaninPatsyLand said:
I can't wait, with this team we are going to make some serious noise.. and we still have the games most feared weapon.

What about this weapon?

clear.gif

well presented... looking forward to the season, and hopefully yankee hijackers show some respect and spew their blather in other threads... :goof:

top priorities in life by Ben Wrightman:

"i'll say Red Sox, sex... and breathing!"

FaninPatsyLand said:
Good to have you aboard Press... it's gonna be a fun year.

Agreed, you can become a new part of the small circle of Sox fans. I enjoy talking baseball with all of you, even with our different points of view. Can't wait for some baseball..

GreenMonster said:
Agreed, you can become a new part of the small circle of Sox fans. I enjoy talking baseball with all of you, even with our different points of view. Can't wait for some baseball..

No doubt about it.

GreenMonster, you gotta make a trip up to Boston and catch a Sox game with us at Fenway.

FaninPatsyLand said:
No doubt about it.

GreenMonster, you gotta make a trip up to Boston and catch a Sox game with us at Fenway.

I certainly will try.. My stepbrother lives in Boston and I have to visit a new addition to the family... I want to go badly, I haven't seen the Sox in Fenway in almost 5 years. I will start to look at some weekends so we can get a little trip togather, that would no doubt rock. Talking Sox baseball with you guys is the best thing on Finheaven... Thanx to FaninPatsLand for the invite to the thread.

GreenMonster

GreenMonster said:
I certainly will try.. My stepbrother lives in Boston and I have to visit a new addition to the family... I want to go badly, I haven't seen the Sox in Fenway in almost 5 years. I will start to look at some weekends so we can get a little trip togather, that would no doubt rock. Talking Sox baseball with you guys is the best thing on Finheaven... Thanx to FaninPatsLand for the invite to the thread.

GreenMonster

:lol: No worries..

All are welcome man.. no invites to this thread. Especially you man, you were one of the few who were with us throughout last year. I'm looking forward to another Baseball season with (hopefully) even more Sox fans... we got a nice little thing going on here.

But definitely look into making a trip up here, that would be a blast.

...Sigh...already approaching the Red Sox-Yankees arguefest?

I'd rather watch the Marlins.

RWhitney014 said:

:lol:

Oh Perry, you already pulled me on the Marlin bandwagon. I think you should join up with the Red Sox Nation, come on we got an extra seat for you right in the middle of me, Green Monster, Hostile, Press Coverage and FaninPatsyLand (I apologize if I forgot any Sox fan on the board).

RWhitney014 said:

Who is still on the Marlins... You can watch plenty of your boys when the Sox and Yanks play, Beckett, Lowell, Sheff and remember your 2 WS titles..

PressCoverage said:
well presented... looking forward to the season

Thanks man I tried to make it a funny little opening monolong ala Major League.

Geez is it Spring Training yet?

GreenMonster said:
Who is still on the Marlins... You can watch plenty of your boys when the Sox and Yanks play, Beckett, Lowell, Sheff and remember your 2 WS titles..

:lol:

Possibly Alex Gonzalez, Al Leiter, and Mota too.

Back
Top Bottom