The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

nyjunc said:
We all know the testing is still a joke, there are still undetectable steroids and guys are still using them. Do I know anything for sure? of course not but I have my suspicions, overnight all of a sudden ortiz becomes great. I'm not saying he did use them but I am suspicious but again every team has players who have used and/or are using them now. My eybrows were raised when Giambi came back so strong last year, basically I am suspicious of pretty much all players.

That's a fair statement. I'm still suspicious of Giambi myself. The only reason why I think Manny and Ortiz are both clean is because their bodies have never changed over the years, plus if you look at them they're not in the best of shape. Have you ever seen Manny or Ortiz on without their shirts.... it's not pretty :lol: Plus have you ever seen Ortiz's papi? The dude is just as big as David is.

Ortiz, from all reports I read about him, was he was always hurt in Minnesota due to the turf being too tough on his knees while he was playing first base, thus they made him a DH once that called up Mintiekewitz and released him because Justin Moreneu was coming up. He also never played more than 130 games with the Twins and was called up at the age of 22. He was a pretty good hitter there with a good OBP but once he got to the Sox he just exploded. Maybe it was hitting in that line up with guys that could get on base, the hitting coach and also the Fenway factor. Who knows.

I think you could make a stronger case with Ortiz than Manny. Manny is just a great hitter. Always has been.

Manny seems alot bigger now than arounf '93-'95 w/ Cle but maybe it's just the hair:lol:

nyjunc said:
Manny seems alot bigger now than arounf '93-'95 w/ Cle but maybe it's just the hair:lol:

:lol:

Well if anything has shrunk on Manny it's his brain.

Honestly I haven't seen a change in Manny, I remember last year we compared pictures on his site and I still didn't notice a change. But like I said that's just me.

SR95_MR4-1.jpg
10007883-1.jpg

clear.gif
ramirezmtp-1.jpg

Here are some young pictures of Manny. He still looks the same expect now he's a little bigger in the gut.

nyjunc said:
What is the point of mentioning "roid user"? as if no Sox(cough*cough* manny, ortiz*cough*cough) used or use steroids. Just focus on the games.

Because the beautiful thing about this country is that you are innocent until proven guilty. We have two known roid users on the Yankees, and none on the Red Sox.

End of story.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Because the beautiful thing about this country is that you are innocent until proven guilty. We have two known roid users on the Yankees, and none on the Red Sox.

End of story.

So it's ok as long as you don't get caught?

Ray Finkle said:

Whenever they replay the Jim Abbott no-hitter from '93 I always marvel at how much smaller Manny was. He was young and guys do get bigger as they get older so maybe it's nothing but he was quite skinny.

nyjunc said:
So it's ok as long as you don't get caught?

Who said that? If you have proof that either took them then show us all please. If it's lining up two pictures next to each other and comparing then save it. That's simply ridiculous...

Credibility is lost when accusations are made without any proof to back it up.

Clement on the hill tonight.. Hopefully we can get to Randy early..

Does Manny get plunked tonight for watching that homerun last night.. Should be interesting..

GreenMonster said:
Clement on the hill tonight.. Hopefully we can get to Randy early..

Does Manny get plunked tonight for watching that homerun last night.. Should be interesting..

I'm going to say no. If the Yankees didn't hit a Red Sox after Pedro sent Soriano and Jeter to the hospital then I don't think you'll ever see a Red Sox get hit.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YA. Manny Ramirez goes yard.

I hope the Yankees fans are happy now, he put his head down and just ran. You can stop the crying now.

Ray Finkle said:
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YA. Manny Ramirez goes yard.

I hope the Yankees fans are happy now, he put his head down and just ran. You can stop the crying now.

im not happy because big unit BLOWS

ShuggieOtis said:
im not happy because big unit BLOWS

It's still early, remember Clement is on the mound.

Plus it could be worse, Loretta could have been safe and it could have been 3 to 0.

Back
Top Bottom