The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

Does Delgado always start this slowly?
Its not unprecedented, hes a warm weather player. If you have him in fantasy Id hang on til he heats up and thats inevitable based on the past. :wink:

Tough match-up tonight. Unfortunately we'll probably rely on the pen pretty heavy tonight. Not exactly the way you want to start a series, but they're well rested after the trip to Florida.

Yeah, so worse than I expected...
I wasn't impressed by Pelfrey during ST, and I'm really not happy with what he's shown so far in his two outings. I know he needs time, but I hate just giving a game away. He was a MESS tonight.

Yeah he was a mess vs a good team. Hes still a kid and as much as I hate giving games away this experience will help him later.

Besides its not like he had an outing like McCarthy had for the Rangers tonight where he started and gave up 6er in 1ip or something. He didnt pitch great by any stretch but if he had gotten any offensive support early on maybe we would have been IN the game later.

You've just got to take the bumps and bruises that come with a talented young pitcher. Can't leave them in AAA or long relief forever. Sometime, they've got to take their lumps; it's the only way they'll grow up.

I know you guys are right about this, but it's the lack of control that's killing me. His stuff is fine, and he doesn't seem to try and out think the game being called from Lo Duca. Hopefully the control is just new to the Big's nerves.

I know you guys are right about this, but it's the lack of control that's killing me. His stuff is fine, and he doesn't seem to try and out think the game being called from Lo Duca. Hopefully the control is just new to the Big's nerves.
Hey Joe, look at these stats of big name pitchers first season then shhh...not every pitcher comes up and lights the world on fire like a Jered weaver did last season. We're finally doing this right building with youth and subsidizing it with a few FA's. :)

Sheets: 4.85ERA/1.41WHIP/285BAA
Sabathia: 4.39/1.35/228BAA
Bonderman: 5.56/1.55/294BAA
Peavy: 4.52/1.42/274BAA
Santana was awful his first two years in the pen, where would Minny be if they gave up on him after ten games?

This is just a brief list but the point is be patient. Patience is not something I enjoy being either, but with young players theres no choice; theyre going to make mistakes :wink:

Hey Joe, look at these stats of big name pitchers first season then shhh...not every pitcher comes up and lights the world on fire like a Jered weaver did last season. We're finally doing this right building with youth and subsidizing it with a few FA's. :)

Sheets: 4.85ERA/1.41WHIP/285BAA
Sabathia: 4.39/1.35/228BAA
Bonderman: 5.56/1.55/294BAA
Peavy: 4.52/1.42/274BAA
Santana was awful his first two years in the pen, where would Minny be if they gave up on him after ten games?

This is just a brief list but the point is be patient. Patience is not something I enjoy being either, but with young players theres no choice; theyre going to make mistakes :wink:
That's a great point, and I'm definitely not giving up on him. I didn't expect Ace stuff this early by any means.

Well Olie showed again what he can do if he is on. A couple more sound outings and I will be happy. But an all-around good game today. Gotta beat those braves when we can....

Ollie is downright filthy when he's got a handle on the ball. I hope the start in Philly was an abberation and not some sign of Jeckyl and Hyde. Ollie had zero walks in 6+. It's always nice to find a simple variable in someone's performance. In Ollie's two great starts he's had no walks. In that game against Philly, I think, he had 6 in about 4 innings.

Ollie is downright filthy when he's got a handle on the ball. I hope the start in Philly was an abberation and not some sign of Jeckyl and Hyde. Ollie had zero walks in 6+. It's always nice to find a simple variable in someone's performance. In Ollie's two great starts he's had no walks. In that game against Philly, I think, he had 6 in about 4 innings.
how about 7BB in 2 and 2/3

how about 7BB in 2 and 2/3
Yeah, I knew I was putting more shine on that turd than it deserved...

Anyway, I'm sitting here spitting and cussing the pen right now. Fantastic game for a fan of baseball, but if this were in September or October, I'd be in the hospital and need a new tv :fire:

Ambriox Burgos needs to get his tail to the minors. Schoenweis was terrible as well.

Its amazing, all the analysts are concerned about our starters, yet our starter era is #1 in the NL entering today. Im more worried about our pen because the only dependable guys are Heilman, Wagner, and Feliciano. And I use the term dependable loosely with heilman because he usually heats up after the AS break.

Back
Top Bottom