The #34 curse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The #34 curse

DevilInPgh

Rookie
Reaction score
Karim Abdul-Jabbar: NBA's all-time leader in PPG average...

Wait a sec... That's KAREEM Abdul-Jabbar, and his jersey number was 33! THIS KARIM had an overrated 1,000-yard season, then sucked the big one. A disgrace to his namesake.

Cecil Collins: Besides being a terrible RB, he is a criminal. Next...

Thurman Thomas: A Dolphin-killer when he was a Bill, was an asset as a 3rd-down back to an anemic offense during his time in Miami until he ripped up his knee, ending his career.

Ricky Williams: We all know this story by now.

Any other #34 curses anyone would like to share?

EDIT: For some reason, I conflated Cecil Collins and Thurman Thomas into one man: Cecil Thomas. Surely an insult to the future HOFer, and I apologize. Cecil Collins is not even a quarter the man Thurman is.

BullDurham said:

Wait a sec... That's KAREEM Abdul-Jabbar, and his jersey number was 33! THIS KARIM had an overrated 1,000-yard season, then sucked the big one. A disgrace to his namesake.

Cecil Thomas: Besides being a terrible RB, he is a criminal. Next...

Thurman Thomas: A Dolphin-killer when he was a Bill, was an asset as a 3rd-down back to an anemic offense during his time in Miami until he ripped up his knee, ending his career.

Cecil Collins you mean. :)

Travis Minor wore #34 before Ricky got here. He gave it up though for Williams

finleyfinton said:
w payton dying of cancer

I'm trying to keep the discussion with the Dolphins. Walter and Jarrett (a good RB in his own right, filling in during UM's time of need) deserve that number, and so did Thurman (I was just mentioning his bad luck because he tore his knee in a #34 Dolphins jersey).

BullDurham said:

Cecil Collins: Besides being a terrible RB, he is a criminal. Next...

EDIT: For some reason, I conflated Cecil Collins and Thurman Thomas into one man: Cecil Thomas. Surely an insult to the future HOFer, and I apologize. Cecil Collins is not even a quarter the man Thurman is.

ah, miami's abdul-jabbar wore #33 too. and he did help get the fins in the playoffs in 97 and 98. we'll never know what collins could have done, as his injury combined with a penchant being a perv didn't do wonders for his career. i'm with ya on the other two. i'm sure some sorry early 90's fin db wore #34 too.

Back
Top Bottom