The Bill Polian Bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bill Polian Bandwagon

PowerVogel

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I sincerely hope Ross looks at bringing in Bill Polian to serve in some capacity for this organization. Not only does he have an incredible track record of success building the Buffalo Bills organization that played in 4 Superbowls, building the expansion Carolina Panthers which was the most rapidly successful expansion team at the time, to most recently his tenure with the Indiainapolis Colts which lead to the drafting of Peyton Manning and a Super Bowl title. I think Jim Irsay and the Colts made a big mistake letting this guy go, and I think Ross would be foolish to overlook him. Bill Polian is twice the GM Ireland could ever be (although I do like Ireland), and I would love to see him serve as the VP of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins. Not to mention, Bill Polian remember is the one that drafted Peyton Manning, and pipe dream or not, could that maybe help us land Manning if their is a falling out with this Andrew Luck ordeal and Colts ownership? Peyton Manning has basically stated is enamored with Polian and has built special relationship with him over the years. Anyway, I am officially on the Bill Polian bandwagon. :hump:

Polian was hired when the Colts secured the 1st pick overall... When Brady went down to injury, The Pats offense didnt miss a beat. When the Packers decided to sit Rodgers, his back-up threw for 6 tds... When the Colts lost Peyton Manning, they won 2 games all season... Say no to Polian...

With Carl Peterson already in the mix, Polian will find another home. Probably wherever Fisher lands.

Both scenarios are results of wonderful offensive systems, not necessarily talent. Case in point, remember AJ Feeley when he came in for an injured Mcnabb and played within Reid's explosive offensive system? Their GM probably looked like a genius when Feeley played great in a very small dosage. And then our Dolphins went out and got Feeley, and the rest of the story is just too painful to tell. Polian has 2 Decades of Success behind him and numerous AFC Championships as well as Superbowl games under his belt. Find me another GM or VP with those credentials.

Sorry I cant buy into this formula. The Colts being a dominant team for most of the past decade and a half and Manning 's success has as much to to do with Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Egerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark,Jeff Saturday,Robert Mathis,Cato June, etc. etc. There are a lot of Pro Bowlers that have been on that roster and compared to our token one or two players a year it is embarrassing. I think it is fair to ask why he has not been successful in reloading them now that most of those guys have left or retired or are just plain old. But Polian has successfully built several franchises. I would be Ok with him.

Polian was hired when the Colts secured the 1st pick overall... When Brady went down to injury, The Pats offense didnt miss a beat. When the Packers decided to sit Rodgers, his back-up threw for 6 tds... When the Colts lost Peyton Manning, they won 2 games all season... Say no to Polian...

He was GM for 12 years and he has barely pumped out any Pro Bowl Caliber players. There is a list of Wayne, Harrison (HOF), Clark, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, and obviously Manning. Based on this year you could argue that Manning had as much to do with Wayne, Harrison and Clark. Leaving 3 pro bowl caliber players that were solely due to Polian's judgement. I would hate to get this guy. OVERRATED.

Both scenarios are results of wonderful offensive systems, not necessarily talent. Case in point, remember AJ Feeley when he came in for an injured Mcnabb and played within Reid's explosive offensive system? Their GM probably looked like a genius when Feeley played great in a very small dosage. And then our Dolphins went out and got Feeley, and the rest of the story is just too painful to tell. Polian has 2 Decades of Success behind him and numerous AFC Championships as well as Superbowl games under his belt. Find me another GM or VP with those credentials.
You cant tell me you can get by in the NFL team wise just on a system... You need talent, And the Colt are completely dvoid of it without Peyton in the lineup...

Sorry I cant buy into this formula. The Colts being a dominant team for most of the past decade and a half and Manning 's success has as much to to do with Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Egerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark,Jeff Saturday,Robert Mathis,Cato June, etc. etc. There are a lot of Pro Bowlers that have been on that roster and compared to our token one or two players a year it is embarrassing. I think it is fair to ask why he has not been successful in reloading them now that most of those guys have left or retired or are just plain old. But Polian has successfully built several franchises. I would be Ok with him.
Well Bill Parcells built several franchises too, all I'm saying is that his most recent project, the Colts have been proven to be a 1 player thing, and we just witnessed what happened when that player didnt play in the season...

Clearly with how poorly the Colts performed without Manning is a sign that Polian didn't do as well as we'd all like to think.

Manning masked a lot of bad picks.

Polian should retire and do TV.. Otherwise we'll get another Parcells scenario.

I think he will be in the Rams soon. They fired their GM and all. With that said he might end up retiring too, the guy has been in the league way long and he even deferred to his son.

So you think this one season is all that should be considered when reviewing Polian's body of work?

Well Bill Parcells built several franchises too, all I'm saying is that his most recent project, the Colts have been proven to be a 1 player thing, and we just witnessed what happened when that player didnt play in the season...

So you think this one season is all that should be considered when reviewing Polian's body of work?
No, Im saying this one season is the only one where we can evaluate his body of work with the Colts without Peyton Manning... I think he gambled that Peyton would remain healthy and stood pat with the talent on his team.

I think he will be in the Rams soon. They fired their GM and all. With that said he might end up retiring too, the guy has been in the league way long and he even deferred to his son.

He will probably just become a consultant. His son will have to fend for himself now.

Polian has an entitlement problem. He thinks he is entitled to bring his son along. His son is a dunce. I would want no part of the son. If the son were good and qualified, that would be one thing. But he is not. Where does he get the nerve to put his son into a GM spot?

Secondly, the Colts picks over the last 5 years have been an unmitigated disaster. Look at the list. Tony Ugoh, Anthony Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Jerry Hughes, Marlin Jackson, the LB out of BYU, some offensive guards that didn't pan out. And those are the high picks. He thought Curtis Painter could play. I don't remember ever seeing a worse quarterback.

Jeff Ireland has frankly done much better than Polian over the past half a dozen years or so.

Back
Top Bottom