The Browns could trade for Landry and James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Browns could trade for Landry and James

They may need to get a new HC first, but their Front office is much much better than ours. Their assistant GM would be an upgrade over our GM

@Stills&Landry why wouldnt anyone good for them? Players will go there for the same reason Suh joined a far from great Dolphins team - money

They've amassed that money for a reason. No one will sign for them. Biggest FA signing I remember from them was Hartline. Go figure.

They've amassed that money for a reason. No one will sign for them. Biggest FA signing I remember from them was Hartline. Go figure.

They have money and picks because of the moneyball crap they tried in recent years with a lawyer as gm

I wouldn't trade Landry to Cleveland. Maybe james for a 2nd, but Landry it would take a 1st. He has been great for us and to trade him to cleveland is pretty much a big eff you to Landry. He deserves better. We shouldve traded mike wallace there thinking back.

They have money and picks because of the moneyball crap they tried in recent years with a lawyer as gm

And set them up for this off season. Moneyball? Nah, who did they lose who was any good? Haden? He wasn't even that expensive.

Truth is draft picks flop on them for a reason, HCs won't go there for a reason, they suck. Even Manziel, Gordon and all their other busts would have taken the NFL much more seriously if they had been in competitive teams.

Attracting FAs is hard. Make them an offer and they'll just use it as leverage against other teams. We weren't Browns bad when we got Suh, the Lions were in the same boat.

And set them up for this off season. Moneyball? Nah, who did they lose who was any good? Haden? He wasn't even that expensive.

Truth is draft picks flop on them for a reason, HCs won't go there for a reason, they suck. Even Manziel, Gordon and all their other busts would have taken the NFL much more seriously if they had been in competitive teams.

Attracting FAs is hard. Make them an offer and they'll just use it as leverage against other teams. We weren't Browns bad when we got Suh, the Lions were in the same boat.

Ok. I dont agree and think that with a strong FO they will rapidly improve, But if you want to continue a lengthy discussion on the browns please take it to the general nfl section

I wouldn't trade Landry to Cleveland. Maybe james for a 2nd, but Landry it would take a 1st. He has been great for us and to trade him to cleveland is pretty much a big eff you to Landry. He deserves better. We shouldve traded mike wallace there thinking back.

I swear if Landry were this holy dolphins saint patron everyone pictures him as he would have signed at top slot WR money a year ago. Feck him. If we can get something in return for him, DO IT!

There is no reason for any team to trade anything to us for either player. If they want them, they'll get them without a trade. The value these guys have without contracts is nonexistent, and nobody is giving us 2nds or 3rds for them.

What's going to happen is we'll let Landry walk and get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him, then maybe a 6th or so for James. What we gain is salary, what we lose is the players. Our situation is not unique, and the rest of the league is trying to fit certain players under their salary caps too.

lol try to find a Landry in the third round. You'd be drafting for a while

Welker and Bess were undrafted, Landry was a late second. Besides, how good a slot WR do you really need to win?

I'm fairly confident that as long as we improve at TE and all our other guys just do OK we could even go by with what we have.

There is no reason for any team to trade anything to us for either player. If they want them, they'll get them without a trade. The value these guys have without contracts is nonexistent, and nobody is giving us 2nds or 3rds for them.

What's going to happen is we'll let Landry walk and get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him, then maybe a 6th or so for James. What we gain is salary, what we lose is the players. Our situation is not unique, and the rest of the league is trying to fit certain players under their salary caps too.

James on the 5th year option holds a lot of value. He would get a massive contract in FA.

I swear fans are so obiquitous as to how the league works.

Both those two guys would hold value to teams willing to pay them but who don't want to risk other team swooping in for them.

This board severely underrates James.

James on the 5th year option holds a lot of value. He would get a massive contract in FA.

I swear fans are so obiquitous as to how the league works.

Both those two guys would hold value to teams willing to pay them but who don't want to risk other team swooping in for them.

This board severely underrates James.

I like James, but think you are overrating his trade value - especially at the fairly high option price.

Im sure teams would be interested in James in fa, but a massive contract?

Last edited:
VIEWING:
PLAYER (16)
POS.
TO
2017 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE

Jay Cutler QB 34 MIA TBD $10,000,000 UFA -
William Hayes DE 32 MIA TBD $4,750,000 UFA -
Koa Misi OLB 30 MIA TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
Nate Allen FS 30 MIA TBD $3,400,000 UFA -
Jermon Bushrod G 33 MIA TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
Anthony Fasano TE 33 MIA TBD $2,750,000 UFA -
Michael Thomas FS 28 MIA TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Damien Williams RB 25 MIA TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Matt Moore QB 33 MIA TBD $1,775,000 UFA -
John Denney LS 39 MIA TBD $980,000 UFA -
Alterraun Verner CB 29 MIA TBD $980,000 UFA -
Sam Young LT 30 MIA TBD $900,000 UFA -
Jarvis Landry WR 25 MIA TBD $868,728 UFA -
David Fales QB 27 MIA TBD $690,000 UFA -
Walt Aikens FS 26 MIA TBD $658,977 UFA -
Terrence Fede DE 26 MIA TBD $568,988 UFA -

Total- 39,165,693

So 40 million off the books and when I look at that list, besides Landry is anyone even worth bringing back? I want to keep Hayes, but he may be looking to get one last big payday and I can't see us giving that to him.

Also, Juwan James would have to move to LT to be worth the money. What RT makes close to 10m/yr?

Back
Top Bottom