The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by J. David Wannyheimer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eeting-focused-on-coaching-staff-and-freeman/

How the heck do you hold a players only meeting before the season even starts?

Apparently, they questioned the validity of a captain's vote that stripped Josh Freeman of his C. As if that's not bad enough, Freeman also skipped the team photo.

I guess Greg Schiano's coaching style of 'being the world's biggest douchebag' isn't going over well?

2. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Easily one of the biggest stories thats not being talked about this season.

The Bucs are coming apart at the seams. I feel for Freeman. Apparently the team was convinced Freeman was still the answer, only Schiano was unconvinced and has pushed this situation to the brink. Now its clearly beyond recovering. Schiano's demand for a cult of personality is causing that team to fall apart.

Despite his Ireland-ish draft record, i like Mark Dominik. I feel the chances hes taken were worth the risks. Unfortunately it seems hes going to go down with the ship. Oh well, guess the rest of that division gets to sit back and watch. Schiano's probably safe for another year, but he wont be succeed in this league.

3. J. David Wannyheimer

Schiano is safe until his contract expires, with that ownership group.

I thought it was interesting last year when Schiano instructed his guys to dive at the Giants' legs during a kneeldown and the players basically came out and publicly said they didn't like doing it. I wondered how long it would take for things to begin to crack.

Schiano is a complete dickbag.

4. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Losing the way they did to the Jets, after the late hit out of bounds, might be something they cannot recover from. But I still have Vincent Jackson as one of my fantasy receivers.

5. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

He beat out Schwartz (Detroit) & Rex did he?

6. J. David Wannyheimer

Yes. He's publicly throwing his QB under the bus in far worse fashion than Rex did with Geno, and again, last year he ordered his team to dive at the OL's knees when they were in victory formation. Who the hell does that? Even the players came out and complained about being coached to do that. He's like Nick Saban in the personality department, but he's not nearly as good of a football coach.

7. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

I don't think its great to have a disconnect with any starting QB when you're a HC, but it's not as if Josh Freeman has been above criticism as a starting QB, at least in regards to his play on the field. The guy had one miraculously successful season where most of the plays he made came after the play had broken down, not through making his reads and executing the play as called. Since then, he's been a hot mess, and last year he single-handedly took the Bucs out of contention as fast as they had surprised the league by getting back in it. For all his physical tools, the ability to execute the right throw at the right time hasn't been with him.

He very well could hit the open market this year, and some needy team will bring him in, but imagining him even approaching the upper echelon of NFL QB's when there are so many guys who can dominate defenses on their better days is hard to fathom.

Considering the inconsistency of the Bucs organization, it's probably just as likely that the players are as big of an issue as a coach. Coming after a player's coach, a disciplinarian is always unpopular until success is achieved.

8. phinfan13

phinfan13 A True Fan

If the Saints can barely beat this dumpster fire Bucs team, then I think we'll be fine against both.

9. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I see Mike Glennon taking over sooner rather than later. The rift between Freeman and Schiano isn't going to end nicely.

PS Schiano sucks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

10. J. David Wannyheimer

Did you see how many personal fouls the Bucs had today? Unbelievable. Vincent Jackson pushing his coach on the sideline... what the hell is going on over there?

Oh, right. Greg Schiano.

11. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...eers-qb-josh-freeman-expected-to-seek-a-trade

Caught up in the Dolphins victory, I missed this at first.

Even if the report isnt true and Freeman doesnt demand a trade, none of this seems out of character for Schiano.

12. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Unless he rights the ship, losing like he has , Schiano is a dead HC walking. No way the Glazers will side with him over the GM...nor should they. Schiano is even less qualified to run the whole shebang than Satan, and we know all too painfully how that worked out.

13. J. David Wannyheimer

The Glazers are probably the stingiest ownership group in the NFL. They aren't going to pay him not to work for them. Unless they can find a reason to fire him for cause, he is going to stick around at least another year.

14. coalesce

coalesce Dolphin Fan since 1974

What success has Schiano had to make him think that his approach will work on any level? What was his record at Rutgers?

Michael

15. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...le-revis-reportedly-unhappy-with-greg-schiano

Darrelle Revis disgruntled at his team? Perish the thought!

Still, its more evidence of widespread discontent. Havent seen a team unravel this quickly since the Cam Cameron Dolphins.

16. Vaark

From the outside, although Schiano and Philbin both seem to be no-nonsense HCs, the difference is that Schiano comes off as a heavy-handed buffoon with no accumulated NFL capital to play off while Coach Joe engenders respect through both his calm, dignified demeanor and credentials as a SB-winning OC. When a superstar like Aaron Rodgers attributes much of his personal and professional growth to Philbin, whether an autocrat or not, you know there's an underlying humanism.

I really don't see a "my way or the highway" bull in a china shop (to coin a few cliches) like Schiano lasting too long in a league where most everyone he's bullying are grown men and millionaire$. Especially with no hardware. Sort of the "Saban Syndrome" all over again.

17. J. David Wannyheimer

We play the Bucs, don't we?

Definitely have to win that game.

18. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

More alarming is how two-faced and underhanded Schiano appears. Other teams questioning Schiano's motives is one thing, but for the players to have to call a meeting to determine if a vote was rigged is another.

Saban comparison is apt.

Bucs play the Patriots, Cardinals, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, and then us(on Monday Night Football, excellent). And then they play the Falcons again.

Legitimate chance that team starts out 1-9. Only the Panthers seem beatable for them, and they are dealing with their own problems.

19. J. David Wannyheimer

It's funny but I'm totally with Jets fans on the whole Revis thing. I thought Darrelle was talking about the 'family atmosphere' in Tampa and kept saying that his 'team' had determined that Tampa Bay was the best place for him to play.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy. Not one.

20. Vaark

He wasn't derisively referred to as "MEvis" for a couple of years by some of the more objective jets fans without justification.

21. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

22. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Skip Bayless talking out of his butt again...no surprise.

23. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Mike Glennon sucks too. He was drafted for his size and arm at the position, not for his ability to play the game. I'm not sure he'd be much more useless than Freeman right now though.

24. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9720203/tampa-bay-buccaneers-bench-josh-freeman-mike-glennon

Terrible team is terrible.

25. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

26. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/27/josh-freeman-inactive-buccaneers-cardinals/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...lan-buccaneers-envisioned-adam-schefter-blitz

:sidelol:

This is ridiculous. A starting quarterback was benched, so of course the media was asking his opinion on the matter, this happens all the time in the NFL. But apparently that cant happen in Tampa. And way to build trust Schiano, try and trade for veteran starting quarterback. Just cut him already.

27. J. David Wannyheimer

Greg Schiano is a joke.

28. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Most people in Tampa seem to think both Freeman and Schiano are a joke. In the end, those on the team or close to the team weren't near as surprised by this move as those not paying close attention to things. A lot of events where Freeman didn't come out in the best light weren't made a big deal of or latched on by national media.

29. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Can we lock this thread, please?

30. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Theres no doubt Freeman hasnt responded well to whats been going on. He hasnt stepped up to the challenge on or off the field.

But at the same time, a coaches job is to put their quarterback into the best position to succeed, not go to war against them. Schiano arrived and decided he was going to make Freeman's life difficult. Why did he decide to do this? 'Cause. Not to mention all the rumors of him attempting to undermine Dominik and the level of mistrust his players seem to have for him.

I dont see very much media bias(which has quickly become the number 1 subject on this forum). But then again, i consider trying to trade for another quarterback behind your supposed franchise QB's back to be a bigger deal then missing a team photo.

31. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Why does this thread deserve to be locked?

32. J. David Wannyheimer

It got even worse for the Bucs yesterday. Up 10-0 entering the 4th quarter, Mike Glennon goes all MIKE GLENNON and the Cards come back to win the game. They were helped along by ANOTHER Dashon Goldson personal foul that led directly to points for the Cards.

It seems to me that at that players only meeting, the Bucs players decided that they were going to try to get the meathead from Rutgers fired. And they're doing a pretty damn good job of it.

Even with the Glazers running the show there's no way Schiano survives this year.

33. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...aneers-nfl-drug-program-not-danger-suspension

Huh, wonder who leaked this info.

34. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Flowers of May

Well Freeman either will be cut or traded. More of the latter than the former.

35. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

I think Freeman sucked and his inconsistency was maddening but I actually am starting to feel a little bad for him. The more I hear about the TB situation, the more I realize that Schiano had an agenda to get him replaced, and while I do think that Freeman has been a little mentally detached the past offseason, and his play has sucked, he's not exactly Ryan Leaf.

36. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Freemans statement:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/30/4789306/josh-freeman-tampa-bay-buccaneers-greg-schiano

You know, there was speculation that teams would blame Freeman and not Schiano for the fallout. How Freeman was mentally weak and how he let off the field distractions effect his leadership role. But i think this clears up a lot of the blame.

This is clownshoes bad. This is lawsuit bad. Who in there right mind does this? Nevermind the ethics or legal liabilities of such an action, who in their right mind thinks that trying to paint him as a drug addict would work? Just cut the guy and be done with it.

37. J. David Wannyheimer

Schiano needs to be fired right now if he seriously leaked this crap.

Unreal.

38. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/1/4792530/josh-freeman-tampa-bay-buccaneers/in/4533443

Some of this could just be escalation, people letting things pile up and running with it. But at the same time, when the situation has gotten this dysfunctional, why would you not be clear about why he was missing the meeting? Why give people room to misread it?

Or: just cut him. That way you can focus your time on preparing for the next victory formation rush.

39. J. David Wannyheimer

The Bucs have ****ed this thing up so badly. I realize that Freeman maybe hasn't handled it perfectly, but I honestly can't blame him for firing back with both barrels after the team started leaking things about him to make him look bad. I think i would go nuclear on that, too.

They need to suck it up and cut him before this really gets out of hand.

40. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/2/4795540/greg-schiano-buccaneers-players-josh-freeman

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/2/4795540/greg-schiano-buccaneers-players-josh-freeman

:bobdole: