The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bucs are a Dumpster Fire

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eeting-focused-on-coaching-staff-and-freeman/

How the heck do you hold a players only meeting before the season even starts?

Apparently, they questioned the validity of a captain's vote that stripped Josh Freeman of his C. As if that's not bad enough, Freeman also skipped the team photo.

I guess Greg Schiano's coaching style of 'being the world's biggest douchebag' isn't going over well?

Easily one of the biggest stories thats not being talked about this season.

The Bucs are coming apart at the seams. I feel for Freeman. Apparently the team was convinced Freeman was still the answer, only Schiano was unconvinced and has pushed this situation to the brink. Now its clearly beyond recovering. Schiano's demand for a cult of personality is causing that team to fall apart.

Despite his Ireland-ish draft record, i like Mark Dominik. I feel the chances hes taken were worth the risks. Unfortunately it seems hes going to go down with the ship. Oh well, guess the rest of that division gets to sit back and watch. Schiano's probably safe for another year, but he wont be succeed in this league.

Schiano is safe until his contract expires, with that ownership group.

I thought it was interesting last year when Schiano instructed his guys to dive at the Giants' legs during a kneeldown and the players basically came out and publicly said they didn't like doing it. I wondered how long it would take for things to begin to crack.

Schiano is a complete dickbag.

Losing the way they did to the Jets, after the late hit out of bounds, might be something they cannot recover from. But I still have Vincent Jackson as one of my fantasy receivers.

He beat out Schwartz (Detroit) & Rex did he?

Yes. He's publicly throwing his QB under the bus in far worse fashion than Rex did with Geno, and again, last year he ordered his team to dive at the OL's knees when they were in victory formation. Who the hell does that? Even the players came out and complained about being coached to do that. He's like Nick Saban in the personality department, but he's not nearly as good of a football coach.

I don't think its great to have a disconnect with any starting QB when you're a HC, but it's not as if Josh Freeman has been above criticism as a starting QB, at least in regards to his play on the field. The guy had one miraculously successful season where most of the plays he made came after the play had broken down, not through making his reads and executing the play as called. Since then, he's been a hot mess, and last year he single-handedly took the Bucs out of contention as fast as they had surprised the league by getting back in it. For all his physical tools, the ability to execute the right throw at the right time hasn't been with him.

He very well could hit the open market this year, and some needy team will bring him in, but imagining him even approaching the upper echelon of NFL QB's when there are so many guys who can dominate defenses on their better days is hard to fathom.

Considering the inconsistency of the Bucs organization, it's probably just as likely that the players are as big of an issue as a coach. Coming after a player's coach, a disciplinarian is always unpopular until success is achieved.

If the Saints can barely beat this dumpster fire Bucs team, then I think we'll be fine against both.

I see Mike Glennon taking over sooner rather than later. The rift between Freeman and Schiano isn't going to end nicely.

PS Schiano sucks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Did you see how many personal fouls the Bucs had today? Unbelievable. Vincent Jackson pushing his coach on the sideline... what the hell is going on over there?

Oh, right. Greg Schiano.

With the relationship between Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting quarterback Josh Freeman and coach Greg Schiano seen by league and team sources as beyond repair, Freeman is likely to ask for a deal ahead of next month's trade deadline. Schiano, whose tenure already stands at a perilous point despite coaching just 17 NFL games, further alienated the quarterback by revealing why he was absent for a team photo, and the lack of trust between the men has long been no secret in that locker room.

Furthermore, several executives on other clubs believe Schiano's refusal to ever really endorse Freeman is an attempt to undermine general manager Mark Dominik, who drafted Freeman in the first round prior to Schiano's arrival from Rutgers and who has also worked diligently to add talent to that roster in recent years. Many around the league believe Schiano would like to have full roster control as well, viewing Freeman -- who threw for over 4,000 yards and nearly 30 touchdowns last year -- as a pawn in a would-be power struggle.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...eers-qb-josh-freeman-expected-to-seek-a-trade

Caught up in the Dolphins victory, I missed this at first.

Even if the report isnt true and Freeman doesnt demand a trade, none of this seems out of character for Schiano.

Unless he rights the ship, losing like he has , Schiano is a dead HC walking. No way the Glazers will side with him over the GM...nor should they. Schiano is even less qualified to run the whole shebang than Satan, and we know all too painfully how that worked out.

Unless he rights the ship, losing like he has , Schiano is a dead HC walking. No way the Glazers will side with him over the GM...nor should they. Schiano is even less qualified to run the whole shebang than Satan, and we know all too painfully how that worked out.

The Glazers are probably the stingiest ownership group in the NFL. They aren't going to pay him not to work for them. Unless they can find a reason to fire him for cause, he is going to stick around at least another year.

What success has Schiano had to make him think that his approach will work on any level? What was his record at Rutgers?

Michael

Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo reported Monday that All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis is irritated with Schiano's stricter ways after coming from Rex Ryan's relatively loose regime with the New York Jets. Per Garafolo, Revis also is frustrated with the lack of man-to-man coverage on defense.

Revis' chief complaint is similar to that of former Bucs tight end Kellen Winslow, who chafed under Schiano's militaristic approach to discipline before a May 2012 trade.

Schiano's strong-armed brand of discipline might work in the college ranks, but it's no surprise that it's rubbing professional athletes the wrong way.

From the outside looking in, this is a team bordering on disarray. The Bucs followed up a mistake-filled, last-second Week 1 loss with another heartbreaking debacle Sunday.

NFL players typically respect any coaching staff that puts them in position to win, but they tune out when the opposite occurs. It's an ominous sign for Schiano that his offensive leader and most decorated defensive player already feel alienated just two weeks into the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...le-revis-reportedly-unhappy-with-greg-schiano

Darrelle Revis disgruntled at his team? Perish the thought!

Still, its more evidence of widespread discontent. Havent seen a team unravel this quickly since the Cam Cameron Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom