The Case for Brandon Weeden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for Brandon Weeden

In no way am I saying draft Weeden in the first or second round lol. I don't want Weeden because of his age. It's very risky IMO.

But a team like the Jets who take a lot of risks...wouldn't surprise me one bit.

we take more risks in draft than they do
pat white, hartline,misi,murphy,

I guess people forget who Chris Weinke was. he was damn good probably every bit as good or better than Weeden and he was drafted in 4th round. The age will hurt his draft and you can also write down the jets wont be drafting qb high
I guess they forget who Roger Staubach and Warren Moon were too.

Terrible choices aren't risks man. Taking Sanchez in the top 10 was a risk (which delightfully turned into a flop). Phins make bad choices, but no team that takes a C at 15 should ever be considered risky.

I don't think you can compare Weinke's noodle arm with Weeden's gun. He has a fastball and put it on national display at the Fiesta Bowl.

was talking overall talent and coming out of college nobody was saying Weinke had a weak arm. Believe me when i say it I have paid attention to the draft as well as any on here and and Weeden will go earliest in third round

Terrible choices aren't risks man. Taking Sanchez in the top 10 was a risk (which delightfully turned into a flop). Phins make bad choices, but no team that takes a C at 15 should ever be considered risky.

Pat White huge risk we already had a young qb and we drafted way too high worst draft choice ever, Hartline much lower rated we took him much earlier than expected has been a solid player but huge risk. Murphy way overdrafted him so quite risky. Wilson out of montanna although a late pick still a risk on a guy who was never really a prospect even before he got in trouble, pleasent suprise probably a solid special teams and dime player for a while. We play it safe when we shoudnt and take unecessary risks like trading up to get Thomas with some good backs still on board while passing up the more logical risk of trading up for mallet.

Those are more dumb decisions than risks. No one ever looked at Pat White, Brian Hartline, etc., and said this dude could be a home run.

Weeden could be. And the Jets are more likely to gamble and take a risk on a QB home run than we are. They did it with Mark Sanchez. Dolphins are drafting scared.

Maybe we trade down a few spots in the 2nd and take him near the bottom of the round. If we wait till the 3rd I bet he's gone.

Pat White huge risk we already had a young qb and we drafted way too high worst draft choice ever, Hartline much lower rated we took him much earlier than expected has been a solid player but huge risk. Murphy way overdrafted him so quite risky. Wilson out of montanna although a late pick still a risk on a guy who was never really a prospect even before he got in trouble, pleasent suprise probably a solid special teams and dime player for a while. We play it safe when we shoudnt and take unecessary risks like trading up to get Thomas with some good backs still on board while passing up the more logical risk of trading up for mallet.

even though we as dolphin fans want to call Sanchez a flop, top this point he is not . he has had some bad moments but he is a young qb that is a good leader and has played well at times.He is still a very young guy 25 and has the ability to get better. There is no doubt in NY that he is their starter next year unlike us not knowing from year to year what to do at qb. Is he a superstar hell no at this point but he is far from a flop. How many times has been benched or lost his starting job. Henne so far can be considered a flop and Moore flopped in Carolina although he seems quite revitalized at this moment here but he will have to produce over a full season for anyone to be a believer. i think people assume all qb;s come in from day one and play lights out because some have done it but not every qb is given three years to sit and learn like Rodgers. if rodgers had played from day one who knows what the outcome would have been

Wouldnt let me edit for some reason

Maybe we trade down a few spots in the 2nd and take him near the bottom of the round. If we wait till the 3rd I bet he's gone.

Oh well I mean do you really want to spend a second round pick on a qb that will be 29 around week 5 of next year. hell No. i dont mind drafting Weeden Im all for giving a guy a chance but wasting a second round pick on a way overaged qb prospect is beyond a bad idea.

I guess it depends on your definition of risk. Pat White was such a stupid choice and the probability of success so low it's like jumping out of a plane without a parachute. It's pretty ****ing risky. Moving up to take DT with Murray on the board. It's stupid first of all. Secondly, RB was a need and DT was rated in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Mallett would have been riskier. It's a riskier position and the fact that everyone else had passed on him would have demanded courage to take him.

we drafted way too high worst draft choice ever

Exactly. That's why Pat White wasn't a risk. We made that pick and we all just kinda "WTF?!"

Everyone knew that was an awful pick. Had we got him in the 5th round...yeah, that's a risk worth taking. In the second round that's nothing more than a waste of a pick.

Exactly. That's why Pat White wasn't a risk. We made that pick and we all just kinda "WTF?!"

Everyone knew that was an awful pick. Had we got him in the 5th round...yeah, that's a risk worth taking. In the second round that's nothing more than a waste of a pick.

whats funny is so many absolve Ireland for the pick because Parcells said it was his pick but I have read no where that Ireland did not recommend the guy or didnt agree with the pick

whats funny is so many absolve Ireland for the pick because Parcells said it was his pick but I have read no where that Ireland did not recommend the guy or didnt agree with the pick

People blame everyone because they really know who to blame. When Parcells was here, Ireland was a puppet and Tony couldn't develop the talent. Ireland had a pretty good draft last year but with Parcells gone, people gotta blame someone for those bad drafts when Parcells was here.

People blame everyone because they really know who to blame. When Parcells was here, Ireland was a puppet and Tony couldn't develop the talent. Ireland had a pretty good draft last year but with Parcells gone, people gotta blame someone for those bad drafts when Parcells was here.

Puppet or not he is the one that advises Parcells on prospects. I think its just convenient to say well Parcells was to blame for all the bad picks but now we are ok , or Sparano is no longer here so the rest of the staff is just fine he is the sole reasons for three losing seasons, or Henne is no longer here, moore is good enough to take us to the playoffs

I don't want Brandon Weeden at all.

The OP cited his accuracy, probably in large part to his high completion percentage, but I think that is misleading. If you watch his games than you see he doesn't have the greatest ball placement in the world and I think that will hurt him a lot when he gets out of a system offense and has smaller windows to throw into.

Back
Top Bottom