The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

MikeO said:
the starting pitching looks like they have dead arms. After a long season last year its not uncommen for this to happen. Contrares looks ok but Buherle, Javiar, and Freddy look dead.

Garcia and Garland both experienced a dead-arm period earlier in the year. Contreras has been very average IMO it seems since he came off the DL. Over his last few starts I think John Garland was pretty good.

MikeO said:
the starting pitching looks like they have dead arms. After a long season last year its not uncommen for this to happen. Contrares looks ok but Buherle, Javiar, and Freddy look dead.

They went through the same thing in late August of last year, around the time Cleveland started to put pressure on them.

Ray Finkle said:
They went through the same thing in late August of last year, around the time Cleveland started to put pressure on them.

Part of that's true but they weren't giving teams 4-5 outs an inning then. Also they weren't playing terribly Cleveland just was playing amazing.

Garland is the stopper and the best starter on the staff right now. Another good performance from him.

Nice solid win for the White Sox, Garland pitched very well, the offense did the job. Great win against the Tigers.

Javiar Vazquez just gave up a grand slam and his approach seemed strange. I don't get why he just gave up on his fastball. I will say this they gave the Tigers two extra outs because that pop up to center field has to be caught and the first single that went over Crede's head needs to be an out. I can live with losing but when you give teams extra outs it should be unacceptable.

This is no knock on Vazquez who can be a very good starter, but I hated the trade for him and when Chris Young is a stud in a few years other fans will realize it. I like this team and still think they're the team to beat but if Brandon McCarthy is in the rotation rather than Vazquez I don't think the team is any worse off. With that said if the team gets into the postseason and I think they will I think Vazquez will be great coming out of the bullpen; if they don't trade Garcia. Kenny Williams learned on the job and I think has turned into a fine GM but I think trading Chris Young regardless of who it was for was a mistake. If the team makes no moves at the deadline and Hermanson comes back and is healthy I really like the teams chances. The Tigers have a much easier end of the season but I don't think the Sox have peaked and as good as the lineup was in the 1st half some guys who struggled namely Anderson and Uribe have started to put it together. I've been touting

This is no knock on Vazquez who can be a very good starter, but I hated the trade for him and when Chris Young is a stud in a few years other fans will realize it. I like this team and still think they're the team to beat but if Brandon McCarthy is in the rotation rather than Vazquez I don't think the team is any worse off. With that said if the team gets into the postseason and I think they will I think Vazquez will be great coming out of the bullpen; if they don't trade Garcia. Kenny Williams learned on the job and I think has turned into a fine GM but I think trading Chris Young regardless of who it was for was a mistake. If the team makes no moves at the deadline and Hermanson comes back and is healthy I really like the teams chances. The Tigers have a much easier end of the season but I don't think the Sox have peaked and as good as the lineup was in the 1st half some guys who struggled namely Anderson and Uribe have started to put it together. I've been touting Anderson throughout this thread and he's raised his batting average to .201, still not good enough but i'm optimistic about him raising his average .50 points in about a month.

We need to bounce back from two terrible losses to the Tigers, against the Rangers. Need to get the offense going, Thome and Konerko cannot go 0-4 any more. Pitching needs to be more dominant.

They're playing terrible baseball right now. Garcia pitched well which is a good sign. A runner on 3rd with one out and Podsednik cannot put the ball iny play is pathetic. Every team struggles at some point we'll see if it continues. I gotta think Buehrle is going through a dead arm period and will get out of it. Kenny Williams is going to have to add bullpen depth they need a setup man; hopefully Hermanson comes back healthy but I don't know if he can be counted on.

djfresh47 said:
They're playing terrible baseball right now. Garcia pitched well which is a good sign. A runner on 3rd with one out and Podsednik cannot put the ball iny play is pathetic. Every team struggles at some point we'll see if it continues. I gotta think Buehrle is going through a dead arm period and will get out of it. Kenny Williams is going to have to add bullpen depth they need a setup man; hopefully Hermanson comes back healthy but I don't know if he can be counted on.

Yeah, not looking to good at this point, keep losing tight games.
Were going to have to make a trade or something to get more bullpen strength. Maybe, another big bat.
Not playing good at all right now!!!:shakeno:

icephinfan said:
Yeah, not looking to good at this point, keep losing tight games.
Were going to have to make a trade or something to get more bullpen strength. Maybe, another big bat.
Not playing good at all right now!!!:shakeno:

A bat is the last thing they need. They got Sandy Alomar to backup A.J. which is good because Chris Widger isn't good enough to be on a team that is supposed to compete for a championship. Last year they could go Cotts/Politte/Jenks in the 7-8-9, with Politte being optioned down they've gotta bring in a right handed guy for the 8th. Maybe Dustin Hermanson comes back and is that he was very good at the start of last year closing games but his back issue makes him a big question mark. Contreras pitched well his last start Garcia pitched well last night and Garland is the best pitcher on the staff right now. Buehrle and Vazquez have to be better than they are right now. I think Buehrle is going through dead arm period and will get through it but i've got no explanation for Vazquez. Brandon McCarthy should be in the rotation next year and I think Kenny Williams stated he will be which has lead to some speculation that they may deal Freddy Garcia at the deadline.

The only problem I have with Garland's performance today is that he missed Kinsler.

djfresh47 said:
A bat is the last thing they need. They got Sandy Alomar to backup A.J. which is good because Chris Widger isn't good enough to be on a team that is supposed to compete for a championship. Last year they could go Cotts/Politte/Jenks in the 7-8-9, with Politte being optioned down they've gotta bring in a right handed guy for the 8th. Maybe Dustin Hermanson comes back and is that he was very good at the start of last year closing games but his back issue makes him a big question mark. Contreras pitched well his last start Garcia pitched well last night and Garland is the best pitcher on the staff right now. Buehrle and Vazquez have to be better than they are right now. I think Buehrle is going through dead arm period and will get through it but i've got no explanation for Vazquez. Brandon McCarthy should be in the rotation next year and I think Kenny Williams stated he will be which has lead to some speculation that they may deal Freddy Garcia at the deadline.

Not to thrilled with Alomar Jr, but will see. Why trade Garcia, he is pitching well. Trade McCarthy if anything, maybe revisit the Schmidt deal with the Giants.Brady Clark deal from the Brewers would be solid too.

5-0 win yesterday, about damn time. Garland pitched well. Now we need to get on a good roll.

Back
Top Bottom