The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

ESPN is reporting the White Sox are close to getting both reliever Mike MacDougal from KC and Alfonso Soriano.

For Soriano word is the ChiSox would give up Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson and Josh Fields. That seems like an awful lot to give up for a 3 month player when the team already has a ton of offense. Their starters and pen are the problem, not the hitting.

Ray Finkle said:
The MacDougal deal is done. The ChiSox sent 2 minor leaguers to KC.

I'm going to have to look this MacDougal up, but if Kenny Williams made the deal, he must be good.

I wouldn't mind Soriano coming over, but I was hoping to revisit the Brian Anderson and a Minor leaguer for Brewers Centerfielder Brady Clark deal.

Man, OZZIE's mouth is bringing to much attention to the Sox, if you want Garland to hit a batter, keep it in the clubhouse damn.

icephinfan said:
I'm going to have to look this MacDougal up, but if Kenny Williams made the deal, he must be good.

I wouldn't mind Soriano coming over, but I was hoping to revisit the Brian Anderson and a Minor leaguer for Brewers Centerfielder Brady Clark deal.

MacDougal is pretty good if he's healthy, the problem is he's hardly ever healthy. It is a good pick up as he had experience as a closer. So he'll likely be a good set up man.

icephinfan said:
Man, OZZIE's mouth is bringing to much attention to the Sox, if you want Garland to hit a batter, keep it in the clubhouse damn.

I agree, Ozzie is acting like an idiot. He better be careful or he's going to get himself fired one of these days. There's only so much the FO can take from him.

Ray Finkle said:
MacDougal is pretty good if he's healthy, the problem is he's hardly ever healthy. It is a good pick up as he had experience as a closer. So he'll likely be a good set up man.

Oh so this guy is a bullpen pitcher?? Well, maybe McCarthy is on his way out.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree, Ozzie is acting like an idiot. He better be careful or he's going to get himself fired one of these days. There's only so much the FO can take from him.

I like his fire, but like you said, he may end up getting fired because of it.

icephinfan said:
Oh so this guy is a bullpen pitcher?? Well, maybe McCarthy is on his way out.

I hope not for the ChiSox, he's a very good young pitcher. I'd keep him.

icephinfan said:
I like his fire, but like you said, he may end up getting fired because of it.

I just think Ozzie is becoming a distraction for the team. His actions have gotten old very quickly and I wouldn't be shocked if the ChiSox fail to make the playoffs and have a bad end of the season Ozzie could be cut loose.

I mean if Selig had any guts he'd fine and suspend Ozzie for his actions in the dugout because Ozzie was clearly sending Garland out there to try and hit a batter.

Back
Top Bottom