The Cold hard truth is .......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Captain Lou, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. Captain Lou

Captain Lou FinHeaven VIP

We are just an average team with average players and not deserving of a playoff spot.

2. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

we're an inexperienced team and it shows

3. RealityBites

RealityBites Realistic Fan

Very True! Parcells had better get us our Demarcus Ware, Miles Austin, Jason Witten, etc... We're still hurting here.

4. Gilo45

Gilo45 Thank you Chad P!

Agreed, but some also need to accept the truth being this team is heading in the right direction, and getting rid, of Sparano, Henne, Brown etc. etc. etc. won't solve anything. We simply weren't up to it, and our secondary was easily exploited by a strong passing team. Its not the end of the world, despite some wanting it to be...

5. Akronfinfan36

Akronfinfan36 Please win another title before I die

I don't necessarily think that we're deserving of a playoff spot either. That said, there is so much parity in this league...literally from week to week, that if you're fortunate enough to get in anything can happen.

Reality? No one is beating the Colts in their house this year in the playoffs.

6. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

I disagree. I don't see how we're average. An average team would have gotten blown out by Houston, Ten, Indy, and NO. We didn't. An average team would have given up. An average team is like San Fransisco.

7. AllFinsAllDay

AllFinsAllDay A True Fan

Thank you for that absolutle brilliant observation. We have come out flat the last two weeks and it has killed us i have no idea why. i bet if the game came down to the last few minutes of the game we'd be 16-0

8. Akronfinfan36

IMO, San Fran is a 'below average' team.

9. RealityBites

RealityBites Realistic Fan

Apparently you haven't been watching the Chargers this season...tune in and watch should that matchup take place....they ARE Colts beaters!

10. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

It's a good team that is young and needs to learn how to win. It is a good team that although young, is very old and/or inept in the LB corps. Amazing how much we have blasted the WR corps but Henne has his 3rd 300 yard game. Still need a playmaker outside but our LBers are pathetic.

11. Akronfinfan36

You're right...the Chargers are indeed the only team I would give a shot at beating the Colts. I still don't think they get it done though.

12. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

^ What he said.

13. Akronfinfan36

Yeah, but he threw it 873 times.:lol:

999 posts FTW!

14. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

You'd expect this when Pennington, Brown and Ferguson are out with injuries. It's no problem to me, sure I'd like the team to win the Super Bowl but this current team isn't there yet. It happens. Not every team is championship caliber all the time.

15. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

We are not there yet and not ready to contend in the playoffs. We have some holes on defense and offense and we also played an incredibly difficult schedule....maybe next week the coaches can evaluate which guys still want to play and which just want to collect a paycheck.

16. Captain Lou

Captain Lou FinHeaven VIP

I'm sorry your the only one looking foolish here. We play well with the talent we have but we just don't have enough good players who make those key plays in a game to make a difference!

17. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Ted, but it was less then 10yds a completion and that my friend is the problem with our passing game. We don't get vertical!

18. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

So are all these other so called playoff teams in the AFC. None of these teams are going to go onto Indy or San Diego and win. The only team that might go into Indy and win is San Diego. The Texans, Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Ravens, Steelers , or Jets?Give me a break.Manning and Rivers would school every one of those Defenses.The only one of those teams that might have a chance is the Steelers and the way they've been playing lately I doubt it.

19. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

I'll never count the Patriots out until they are officially eliminated! Like us they had the Colts beat and couldn't close the door, I'll bet on Brady and Belicheat the second time around.

20. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

the phins are a young team that had a lot of injuries with a first year QB that play light out, that did not quit and hung in there for as long as they could

21. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Draft D FA O

22. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

It's not the same patriots team as in past years. It's a team that struggles on the road, with an average running game , no pass rush and a weak secondary. Not a good formula for winning on the road in the playoffs. I'd bet the Colts every time against this years Patriot's team.
    Really it's a team that has not beaten a decent team on the road all year, why would they start in the playoffs?

23. Bonedoc7777

the bright side is the phins have a QB and that is the biggest piece of the pie guys

24. FinSince1971

FinSince1971 FinSince1971

Just got around to checking the threads. Like and agree with what Ted lounge rat had to say about our linebackers. Definitely the weakest link. Hey people realize something ..the offense is just Henne getting more experience, a real number one wide out coming on board and Ronnie coming back healthy and we're good. But the defense needs a lot of the players upgraded or coached up to win more than 7 games next year

25. Bonedoc7777

need about three defensive starters that can play in the offseason, easier to find defensive guys faster, linebacker is the main position i think

26. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

Yeah, he needs to work on a few things but he could be the starter for the next decade. Now if we can get some play makers for him, a replacement for Ricky/Ronnie, some above average linebackers, a ball hawking safety and a true NT to rotate in there with Solai.It's a long wish list but I think we can at least fill a few of those spots this year.

27. Bonedoc7777

that list is shorter then it was two years ago which is a blessing

28. DolphinDynasty

DolphinDynasty Dolphin Loyalist

Well then you haven't been watching any of the games.
    1) We have ZERO players who are a threat to be homerun hitters on every touch on Offense. Ginn was supposed to be, but that hasn't happened.
    2) Our defense is Mediocre at best. 380 points allowed is below average. On top of that, besides Vontae Davis 3 INTS this year, Bells today and Crowders lucky Brady INT, we do not consitantly take the ball away. Wilson's dropped INT was proof. Plus, for all the quarterback sacks we get, how many of those result in a TO??
    3) Dan Henning is just as inconsistant in his play calling as the defense is. Its like some games, its so damn obvious what the play is its embarassing.
    4) We don't excell on 1 side of the ball. For example, the Jets excell on D, the Colts on O. We don't do either exceptionally.

29. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It kinda seems like we just kinda show up and see which team we are going to be today. We originally was supposed to a tough and run it down your throat team but then we evolved into a throw the ball 50 times a game team....

Also, one half our defense is lights out and the next its dismal. We were used to it being awesome the first half and bad the 2nd but in today's game it was bad the 1st and good the 2nd.

The main thing is we aren't consistent enough on the team at all... even the wildcat became inconsistent. Polite even missed a couple 3rd/4th and 1s today.

30. fakespike

fakespike Starter

The truth is that a few big plays here and there over the course of the season and we are a different team. We need play makers on offense and defense. That is our fatal flaw.

And our offenses shift to 50 att/game is directly a result of our defense giving up big early leads.