The Dolphins could have been the Bengals but… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins could have been the Bengals but…

Fins decided to give 2 CBs top money, draft one if the 1st round,pick DTs in the 1st and 2nd round... Cant invest everything on D and expect a rookie QB to deal with you **** offense... Just doesnt happen that way...
Those are my thoughts. You can’t just think your defense will win you games, retain same offensive veterans that get injured, and think your offense will somehow work it out. That is just bad management.

This place has literally been obsessed with missing on Herbert for 2 years but now today it’s Burrow. Look before 2020 a high portion of the site was happy we were getting Tua, many wanted Herbert as well. For the last 2 years it’s been Herbert, Herbert, Herbert with hardly any mention of Burrow but now it’s we should have completed the tank. What if we completed “suck for luck”? We would have had a good QB for what 6 years. You never know how this stuff will turn out.

What would be funny is if the narrative of the site changes from “should have taken Herbert” to “should have tanked right”. It’s literally been about Herbert for 2 damn years.
Nobody is talking about burrows at all. I said the Bengals franchise. Give credit to the Bengals defense for showing up.

People actually think this organisation would win even having Burrow 😂😂
It seems like people in here think im insinuating burrows, but I am talking about the bengals. They took a team that had the worst record and turn it around. The front office for the bengals deserve all the credit that miami will never get.

People on here crying about Ross. Do you know what the Bengals fans thought of their owner up until this year 😂

I think the Bengals would be just fine if the trade was made and they got Herbert and 3 first round picks. They wouldn’t piss away picks on Jackson and Iggy.

My posts prove where I stood!

Yeah you finally got one right after whiffing on Drew Lock, Threepickehill and Trevor Lawrence. You finally got one right - but for the wrong reasons. It was Burrow that was surrounded by elite talent, not Tua.

Every dog’s ass will see the sun at some point.

Cut the lolphins some slack - they offered Cincy 15% stake in the lolphins organization to trade up for Joe Burrow and it just didn’t work out.

But at least they made up for it by passing on Herbert for Tua.

All they had to do was just be the losers they are and Burrow was theirs. They can’t win. Can’t suck right, can’t lose right, and can’t tank right. It’s like they’re run by the government.

We are not a good franchise at all. That is all I gotta say.
Damn straight they're not. The Bengals have won more playoff games in this single postseason than Miami has in the 26 seasons (and counting) since Shula's exit. And he didn't win a playoff game in his last year either.

At least bring some facts to the thread OP.

The Lolphins could’ve been the Bengals if we would’ve lost to them 2 years ago and thus drafted Joe Burrow first. Or if we could’ve drafted Herbert at 5 instead of Tua. Or dare I say that Mac fudging Jones is looking like a better QB in the pros.

This place has literally been obsessed with missing on Herbert for 2 years but now today it’s Burrow. Look before 2020 a high portion of the site was happy we were getting Tua, many wanted Herbert as well. For the last 2 years it’s been Herbert, Herbert, Herbert with hardly any mention of Burrow but now it’s we should have completed the tank. What if we completed “suck for luck”? We would have had a good QB for what 6 years. You never know how this stuff will turn out.

What would be funny is if the narrative of the site changes from “should have taken Herbert” to “should have tanked right”. It’s literally been about Herbert for 2 damn years.
To be fair, Burrow was out with the ACL thing, and Herbert was lighting up defenses.

Personally, I wanted Burrow about halfway through the '19 season, but that was when we thought we were going to have the first pick and another in the teens. I wanted Young, and I wanted to trade up a little and take Burrow. Then he went off on everyone and got drafted first overall.

Then I wanted Herbert at 5. I really hope our new HC can elevate Tua's play.

It's interesting, I would say that the Bengals are also 'not a good franchise,' but they have really had more overall team success than the Dolphins over the last twenty years. Even though they hadn't won playoff games, and Mike Brown has often been the butt of jokes about what a cheap asshole he is, they did have five consecutive winning seasons under Marvin Lewis. The Bengals also haven't had to deal with the scandals that Miami has suffered.

I thought Zac Taylor was going to be a clownshoes hire, but here we are.

Back
Top Bottom