Best trade-
Worst trade-
Best free agent signing-
Worst free agent signing-
Most memorable moment(good)-
Most memorable moment(bad)-
Best Game-
Biggest Surprise-

fml. i had just typed up a nice write up of mine, and when i pressed submit it says internet explorer not available so it was all for nothing. im gonna have to write it all again now.

mvp- chad pennington- without chad p here last season, this team does not win the division for the first time in many years, and does not make the playoffs for which wouldve been 7 straight years. only here 1 year, but so valuable.

lvp- david boston. the guy was supposed to be out first big time reciever we had here in a while, and he tears his acl in training camp and his drug problem. total bust.

best coach- tony sparano. not that there r so many to choose from, but tony sparano, while i do question his playcalling at times, has gotten the respect from his players, and has done a nice job only 2 years into the job.

worst coach- im tempted to go with wanny bc he wore ricky out, and he costed us our 2002 season with his horrendous play calling in ne in the finale,but i got to go with cameron. the guy had no fire watsoever in him, and he was a complete joke. led us to our worst season in franchise history, a season i wish my memory would let go of.

best draft- 08. we get our franchise left tackle with the number 1 overall pik, and then we also draft our hopefully franchise qb in chad henne. could be a draft we look bak on in a few years from now.

worst draft-07. when u take ted ginn and john beck in back to back rounds, and in 2010 there is a good chance both of them wont be on the team, that speaks for itself. disaster. everything about that year.

player saddest to see retire- ricky williams. i remember that day so perfectly. a sunday morning, woke up did my normal stuff, turned on espnnews and it reads'' breaking news'' dolphins rb ricky willams retires''. i almost lost my mind. i couldnt believe wat i was reading. a team that had so much hope going into that season had just gone to a 4-12 team from a superbowl contender. i was beyond myself. ill never forget that day. the guy had such a good career infront of him, and even though hes back now, hes not the same.

best trade- ricky williams trade. yes i no it didnt end up as well as it we wouldve liked bc he retired, but he gave us 2 great seasons, and at the time was a great trade. also we havent rlly made any stellar trades rlly so it wasnt a hard choice. i guess u can say fasano and adyole for a 4th rounder bc we gave up nothing for 2 serviceable guys with potential, but not big enough ppl to make it the best trade, and have dropped off since last year.

worst trade- a 2nd rounder for ****in aj feely. yes he played hurt alot and showed guts, but honestly wat was the front office thinking? we gave away a valuable draft pik for a freaking back up qb. the eagles were laughing at us. he wasnt the answer clearly as we went 4-12 that season. u can make a case for culpepper also, but i think the main reason ppl may say that was bad bc of who was avaliable in drew brees, but at least he had shown flashes of greatness, as opposed to feely need i say more?

best free agent signing- chad pennington if considered a free agent signing. yes we had him for 1 year only, but the leadership he brought to the table for us, and how he carried a team a year removed from 1-15, to 11-5 and an afc east championship was priceless. he got all the hearts of dolphins fans that year and beyond now.

worst free agent signing.- david boston- supposed to be a big time threat for us and give us that deep passing threat, yet turned out to be a nothing. barley made it on to the field for us, and not much more to say. complete bust.

most memorable moment-good- camarillios ot catch vs the ravens. yes i no most ppl r gonna say penny wins us the division at the meadowlands, and yes that was great, but we were 1 play from being the only 0-16 team in nfl history[at the time] as opposed to being just another 1-15 team with 9 other teams. i remember that catch like it was yesterday, and as sad as it was, i celebrated like we had won the superbowl. it was insane. ill never forget that catch on 3rd and 7 lemon to cammarillio.

most memorable moment bad- ricky retiring. doomed our franchise, set us back many years, and stunned the whole dolphin nation. went from sb contenders to doormats of the afc and the league.

best game- so many to choose from. im going to go with sunday night at denver in 02. fiedler breaks his thumb, chambers gets a concussion, and yet our team showed some heart and guts that night, elam hits a 52 yd to take the lead with over a minute left for denver and the crowd is celebrating like its over. then fiedler playing with a broken finger later learned, drives us into fg range and mare hits a 53 yd gw fg to silence the crowd and they were stunned. unfourtunatley, fiedler misses some games, lucas stinks it up, and we collapse the final 2 games of the season and miss the playoffs.

biggest surprise- chad pennington. yes i no its around my 3rd time mentioning his name, but knowone excpected him to come into the starting lineup with less than a month before the season opener, and have arguably his best season statiscally ever. deffinetly his biggest accomplishment leading a 1-15 team to 11-5 and afc east champs. remarkable.

Most valuable Player- Jason Taylor
Least valuable player- Daunte Culpepper (so many to choose from, but based on expectations)
Best Coach- TS
Worst Coach- Cameron...has a coach ever set a franchise back so far in so little time? Rhetorical...the answer is "NO."
Best Draft- 08
Worst draft- 07
Player you were saddest to see retire- Zach Thomas (I know...he didn't retire as a Dolphin, but saddest to see him go).
Best Assistant- Scott Linehan
Best trade- Getting a 2nd for Chambers and able to draft Henne with it.
Worst trade- Tie...Culpepper, Feeley.
Best free agent signing- Pennington.
Worst free agent signing-So many to choose from...Wilford.
Most memorable moment(good)- Camarillo TD to avoid 0-16.
Most memorable moment(bad)- Monday night comeback by Jets.
Best Game-OT victory against Colts in playoffs.
Biggest Surprise- The most winning franchise in all of sports had such a poor decade.

Most valuable Player- Tie between Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.

Least valuable player- Ray Lucas

Best Coach- Tony Sparano

Worst Coach- I want to say Wanny, but I'm going with Cam Cameron.

Best Draft- I'm going to say 08 with Long, Henne, Merling, and Langford.

Worst draft- 06. Jason Allen, Derek Hagan, Joe Toledo, need I go on? :crazy:

Player you were saddest to see retire- Hasn't retired, but no longer with the Phins, Zach Thomas :boohoo:

Best Assistant- I'm saying Jim Bates just because of that win against the Pats in 04.

Best trade- Chris Chambers to the Chargers and JT to the Skins both seemed to pan out pretty well.

Worst trade- Hmm...I have to say Welker. Although I absolutely can't stand him. Everytime I see him on the sidelines of a game he's throwing a temper tantrum about something. I really hate the guys attitude.

Best free agent signing- Chad Pennington

Worst free agent signing- Too many to list, unfortunately.

Most memorable moment(good)- Last playoff game we won against the Colts and the Jets game to make the playoffs last year.

Most memorable moment(bad)- Monday night miracle when the Jets were down by a ton and come back. I'll never forget Jumbo Elliot catching that TD...that game still gives me nightmares.

Best Game- Beating the Jets and Favre to make the playoffs.

Biggest Surprise- Going 1-15 and then making the playoffs at 11-5 the next year.

What says you?

Most valuable Player-
Least valuable player-
Best Coach-
Worst Coach-
Best Draft-
Worst draft-
Player you were saddest to see retire-
Best Assistant-
Best trade-
Worst trade-
Best free agent signing-
Worst free agent signing-
Most memorable moment(good)-
Most memorable moment(bad)-
Best Game-
Biggest Surprise-

I like this thread. Great idea.

MVP - Jason Taylor

LVP - Reggie Howard

Best Coach - Tony Sparano (is there really any other choice?)

Worst Coach - Cam Cameron

Best Draft - 2008

Worst Draft - 2001

Saddest too see retire - Dan Marino

Best Assistant - I thought Linehan did a good job as the OC when he was here

Best trade - 2nd round pick to the Chargers that turned out to be Chad Henne

Worst trade - 2nd round pick for Dumbte Suckpepper

Best Free Agent Signing - Randy Starks

Worst Free Agent Signing - Gibril Wilson

Most Memorable Moment (Good) - Beating the Jets in Week 17 in 2008 at the Meadowlands for the division title

Most Memorable Moment (Bad) - Nick Saban leaving to Alabama (Man, was I pissed that day)

Best Game - December 2008, Week 17, Miami vs. Jets @ the Meadowlands

Biggest surprise - How much of a failure Culpepper was.

I know we were all not crazy about wanny, but was nowhere as
horrendous as saban and Cameron
I'll say this, at least wanny cared about the Fins and his players did play tough for him, until the Ricky saga

player saddest to see retire- ricky williams. i remember that day so perfectly. a sunday morning, woke up did my normal stuff, turned on espnnews and it reads'' breaking news'' dolphins rb ricky willams retires''. i almost lost my mind. i couldnt believe wat i was reading. a team that had so much hope going into that season had just gone to a 4-12 team from a superbowl contender. i was beyond myself. ill never forget that day. the guy had such a good career infront of him, and even though hes back now, hes not the same.

Great post! I agree with most of your thoughts.

As far as the shock that Ricky's retirement caused, I had a similar experience. I remember logging on to CBS Sportline's web site and the news banner said something like Star Running Back Announces Retirement. I innocently clicked on the link and was devastated to read that it was Ricky they were talking about. It was like living a nightmare!

But I've gotta say, in retrospect it pales in comparison to the utter dismay I felt in '74, when our two-time SB champs lost two thirds of their backfield and their star wide receiver in the blink of an eye to an upstart league. I remember reading it in the paper and, even though I was only 12, being totally stunned that my team was dismantled overnight!

Most valuable Player- Jason Taylor. Leads the Fins in sacks.
Least valuable player- Daunte Culpepper (Going to the SB lol)
Best Coach- TS
Worst Coach- Cameron
Best Draft- 2008
Worst draft- 2007
Player you were saddest to see retire- Ricky Williams.
Best Assistant- Too tough to answer.
Best trade- 2nd round pick to the Chargers that turned out to be Chad Henne
Worst trade-Wes Welker trade.
Best free agent signing- Chad Pennington.
Worst free agent signing- Girbil Wilson.
Most memorable moment(good)- Dolphins winning the AFC EAST in 08. Camarillo's TD in the Fin's only win in 2007.
Most memorable moment(bad)- Every Texans game.
Best Game-December 2008, Week 17, Miami vs. Jets @ the Meadowlands
Biggest Surprise- Going 1-15 and then making the playoffs at 11-5 the next year

I don't really remember the whole decade of the Fins. My earliest memory of them is I guess 04 or so when Ricky would just have long run after long run :lol: He was insane man. The rest of the years I've been a bit unfortunate to remember.. but I'm glad we're through those bad, bad years. This season was a bit on the rough side, but hardly far from "bad"

Most valuable Player- Ricky Williams/Jason Taylor
Least valuable player- Duante Culpepper
Best Coach- Tony Sparano
Worst Coach- Cam Cameron
Best Draft- 2008
Worst draft- 2007(only ginn left)
Player you were saddest to see retire- Cant think of anyone that retired with us besides traylor
Best Assistant- Dom capers
Best trade- Ricky Williams trade
Worst trade- Duante Culpepper (4 games=2nd round pick)
Best free agent signing- Chad Pennington
Worst free agent signing- Reggie Howard
Most memorable moment(good)- 2004 Monday Night win against NE
Most memorable moment(bad)- 2000 Monday Night Miracle against Jets
Best Game- NE 2008 WILDCAT
Biggest Surprise- Chad Pennington & Biggest season turnaround

Back
Top Bottom