the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Dolphins & Peyton Manning (another "Manning" Thread)

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I, like almost everybody else in here, would love for Peyton Manning to go to Miami, but in all honest truth, I just dont see it happening......I sure do hope Im wrong, but coming off an MVP year he's gonna want some big $$$$$$ (mula), and there will be other teams out there who will be willing to take it to the extreme for a QB like that.....However I dont see the Colts trying to hard to keep him, as a matter of fact, theyre known to let go of some of their key players even when theyre in their prime, For example Marshall Faulk, I can see Manning playing elsewhere, but I doubt its gonna be in Miami....Id like to think he really has a great chance of being a Dolphin, but I dont want to set high expectations only to be very dissapointed when he signs with someone else....but like I said, I Hope Im seriously wrong.

If Indy does let him go we have an advantage because coming out of college he said playing for the Dolphins or Broncos would be his dream. The Broncos have Plummer and we have an opening.

The Colts will do everything in their power to keep him. If they can't, some other team will offer him a ton of money, a lot more than Miami could ever come up with. There is no way that Peyton Manning will be on the Dolphins next season.

If Peyton indeed does become a FA. I see these teams making a serious run at him.

Arizona (Has Money)
Oakland (Will have Money)
Washington (Has Money)
Dallas
San Diego
49ers (If they lose Garcia)
Tampa Bay

Originally posted by Prime Time
If Peyton indeed does become a FA. I see these teams making a serious run at him.

Arizona (Has Money)
Oakland (Will have Money)
Washington (Has Money)
Dallas
San Diego
49ers (If they lose Garcia)
Tampa Bay

I forgot to add, Bills. If they cut Bledsoe...watch out.

49ers will use Rattay. They have less money than us and big FAs to re-sign. Not just Owens.

Originally posted by Jaj
49ers will use Rattay. They have less money than us and big FAs to re-sign. Not just Owens.

Good point. But while we are talking West Side, I could seriously see Oakland making a push. With Tuiasasopopopopop LOL bumming out and Gannon probably having a career ending injury and with many old guys on the verge of retirement/releasement (Is that a word?) they could afford him. Manning to Porter would be a good combo...damn good combo.

Raiders have a ton of dead money I heard...All those old guys make cash......

we have a real shot.

The only way Peyton goes to Miami or elsewhere is if Colts don't win a playoff game. I'm pretty sure he's tired of the "good player, but no playoff win" tag. Fins are his best hope in fixing that (We did beat Indy in 2000 in the playoffs). Of course, I'd like to see Peyton in a Dolphin uniform but we can only hope.

Originally posted by Regan21286
The only way Peyton goes to Miami or elsewhere is if Colts don't win a playoff game. I'm pretty sure he's tired of the "good player, but no playoff win" tag. Fins are his best hope in fixing that (We did beat Indy in 2000 in the playoffs). Of course, I'd like to see Peyton in a Dolphin uniform but we can only hope.

I understand this, but here's what I see.

First of all, don't take this the wrong way, I'm a total fins fan.........but I've always seen the Colts as being monumental underachievers. I always thought they had the most talent in the NFL, but they just couldn't put it together.

And Manning has to see that. Remember the begininng of the season when they were saying he was in the process of getting a new contract? And THEN they were close to signing a new contract mid-season?

Where's that contract now? Something's amiss. Why hasn't he resigned? They'll pay what he wants, they'd be stupid not to. But why hasn't HE locked up the deal?

I'm not saying it's likely, but there are weird things going on within the colts organization.

Originally posted by Graythreat

I understand this, but here's what I see.

First of all, don't take this the wrong way, I'm a total fins fan.........but I've always seen the Colts as being monumental underachievers. I always thought they had the most talent in the NFL, but they just couldn't put it together.

And Manning has to see that. Remember the begininng of the season when they were saying he was in the process of getting a new contract? And THEN they were close to signing a new contract mid-season?

Where's that contract now? Something's amiss. Why hasn't he resigned? They'll pay what he wants, they'd be stupid not to. But why hasn't HE locked up the deal?

I'm not saying it's likely, but there are weird things going on within the colts organization.

they didn't want to focus on that during the season (smart move) but can turn out to be really dumb if they get beat in the playoffs again.

GO BRONCOS.

theres just to much evidence (i guess it's all about how you look at the evidence) that PM would go elsewhere if given the chance.. and since the colts are gonna have cap issues, and can't afford to give manning a ton of money (i believe EJ's contract is comming up, and they need a lot more D). i think PM will try and take full advantage of being a UFA. this doesn't mean miami is getting him, but out of all the teams who need a QB our situation looks best.

I think this whole Manning to Miami story is a farce, something someone cooked up just to divert attention away from extending Wannstedt's contract when the majority in S. Fla. wanted him gone. What better way to get people excited about the team again when disappointment and disgust is at an alltime high.

Doesn't it seem strange that none of the national media has picked up on this, I mean Manning to Miami would be as big a story as any in the NFL these days. And wouldn't this whole process be something the GM would decide to do? We don't even a GM yet and they're already saying they're going to do what they can to make a run at Manning?

Even Hank himself is backtracking, saying it could be done, "if they step up". Methinks Hank realized he was used as a tool. And it worked, somewhat successfully, some are buying it and talking Super Bowl and Miami in the same breath again.

I'm not saying Miami won't show interest and won't inquire about Manning IF, (and that's a big IF), Manning does become a FA. They'll at least do that much to appease the fans. But in the end they'll say they just didn't have the cap space available to make a deal and it just wasn't feasible to pull off what with other areas on the team needing attention also. And then, much like Gandy last year, people will be applauding them for at least trying.

I'll belive it when Manning is actually a Dolphin. Until then, I'll believe it's nothing more than a PR move trying to get disgruntled fans excited about Dolphin football again.

It is real....trust me......Now will they get him? Like I said it is 40/60 at best right now......

Alot of things have to happen first......

Originally posted by Prime Time

Arizona (Has Money)

Let's be honest here. That's the only team that has the money and we all know he's not going there.

Back
Top Bottom