The Dolphins spend time with Hurricanes’ prospects this week. Experts had this to say | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins spend time with Hurricanes’ prospects this week. Experts had this to say

Berrios doesn’t look like all that great an athlete to me.

Not to mention 5 foot 8 and 1/2 in the slot is a tiny target

Chase Thomas came in a full 6 foot 5 and 275 plus with big features

That may be the safest play in the 43 de class value wise. I’m just not that impressed with the de group from what I’ve seen

Draft Thomas put him in the 2 deep rotation
He's taller than Grant....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Dolphins staying away from Hurricanes players has always been a puzzler for me...
And when they did draft them, they have gotten the wrong ones. I wanted Wilford but instead they took Vernon Carey....smh

Ozzy rules!!

Good to see they're taking a close look at TE Goedert from South Dakota State. His game looks translatable.

We say this every year and then- well then they don't usually do it seems like,, Berrios - totally agree with on and I think there might be some real interest there from MIA side depending on round etc of course.
I don't know about Berrios. How many small receivers can one team carry? We already have Grant at 5'6". Berrios is 5'7" or 5'8". I love Berrios. If we would not have Grant I would say go for it in the later rounds. I now we have had very little accomplishments over the years but I am not sure of the title "team with the smallest receiving corp" is one I would want to go for. :laugh

Good to see they're taking a close look at TE Goedert from South Dakota State. His game looks translatable.

Would have been nice to see him this week. I wasn’t impressed with Ian Thomas. No burst

They said goedert carries that 260 well that’s an impressive weight if he carries it well. 260 whoof

Fumagalli locates the ball well late but I think that Mayock Ertz comparison is awful. Ertz was much quicker and smoother in and out of cuts.

Gesicki covers ground in a hurry. There’s a point I’m interested in him but it’s not 43 I know that. Big bird frame hard to project the ability carry weight on that

The breneman kid evidently had two major knee injuries while at penn state. I will pass on that given the prior medical til late day 3 at least

Last edited:
Don't like Berrios that much athletically. Certainly capable to come in and make a team but I think he is a UDFA type. Wanna say he is a smart player but flashbacks of the Georgia tech game and that onside kick haunts me lol.

Much rather Carroo and Parker and Grant getting those missing slot reps if Juice leaves.
Most people say that he might go late 6th round or 7th round but he will definitely picked up by a team post draft.
I do agree with Caroo, Parker and Grant. And let's not forget that Drake will get some of Landry's catches as well. That's why I say that we don't lose much from a production POV if we lose Landry. And if you get a decent TE with some catching ability the 12-14 Mill/year for Landry is a waste for us. But what we gain with a Landry departure is the ability to run a full playbook and a QB who doesn't have to be concerned about Landry lining up correctly. Let someone else overpay.

Would have been nice to see him this week. I wasn’t impressed with Ian Thomas. Jag

They said goedert carries that 260 well that’s an impressive weight if he carries it well. 260 whoof

Fumagalli locates the ball well late but I think that Mayock Ertz comparison is awful. Ertz was much quicker and smoother in and out of cuts.

Gesicki covers ground in a hurry. There’s a point I’m interested in him but it’s not 43 I know that. Big bird frame hard to project the ability carry weight on that

The breneman kid evidently had two major knee injuries while at penn state. I will pass on that given the prior medical til late day 3 at least
Fugamalli struggled on the one on ones this week. Goedert really looks the part. We passed on Gronk before but I hope we don't make the same mistake again. If he's there at 42 which is a big if, they should run the card up. He makes catches with one hand look very easy. He'll fight for the ball unlike JT and with that size he'll be hard to cover. I'd actually use one of the extra 4 that we have to move up from 42 to make sure we get him. Last great receiver we had at TE was Keith Jackson

Ozzy rules!!

Fugamalli struggled on the one on ones this week. Goedert really looks the part. We passed on Gronk before but I hope we don't make the same mistake again. If he's there at 42 which is a big if, they should run the card up. He makes catches with one hand look very easy. He'll fight for the ball unlike JT and with that size he'll be hard to cover. I'd actually use one of the extra 4 that we have to move up from 42 to make sure we get him. Last great receiver we had at TE was Keith Jackson

Ozzy rules!!

Man its still so early and why do I already get the feeling I will be disappointed come draft day.

Although I have to admit I wasn’t a fan of he Drake and Grant picks especially in the same draft but they are contributing.

I don't know about Berrios. How many small receivers can one team carry? We already have Grant at 5'6". Berrios is 5'7" or 5'8". I love Berrios. If we would not have Grant I would say go for it in the later rounds. I now we have had very little accomplishments over the years but I am not sure of the title "team with the smallest receiving corp" is one I would want to go for. :laugh

Attack of the smurfs! Remember that?

Man its still so early and why do I already get the feeling I will be disappointed come draft day.

Although I have to admit I wasn’t a fan of he Drake and Grant picks especially in the same draft but they are contributing.

Last two drafts have been good. Not excellent or anything, but still early to make a final verdict on them. Need a third just like those 2.

Would have been nice to see him this week. I wasn’t impressed with Ian Thomas. No burst

Yeah, Gesicki is tempting. Pretty much agree on Goedert. Neither would feel right at 43...The draft is littered with talent. So is the league. I believe Gase can run an offense with even mediocre talent. Last year was a stellar TE draft. I almost feel like I'd just rather have an extra linemen than continue the disappointment.

Herndon looks to me like he's going to be a good player, but the knee will scare teams.

To me Herndon looks like Ronnie Brown....they look the same side,build and running style. Looks like Thomas may go in late round 2
Maybe I didn`t quite get the point, but Brown was a 6-0, 225 RB and Herndon is a 6-4, 255 TE and i see no real similarities in their running style .But i agree that Thomas may go late in the 2nd round

Back
Top Bottom