The Dolphins Will Make Miami a Football Town Again This Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Will Make Miami a Football Town Again This Year

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
We have been down this road before, but I want to believe so bad - really, really want to believe!

img_0314.jpg

With Miami Dolphins training camp just a few days away, it's time for South Florida to pay attention to a new-and-improved team doing big things in Davie. On July 27, the Dolphins officially start a season with more promise than any in recent memory. The Fins are ripe to legitimately contend not only in the AFC East but for a Super Bowl. Scoff all you want — it's true. In the NFL, every year a team makes the jump from mediocrity to Super Bowl contention. That team that takes the next step could be the Dolphins. All the ingredients are there.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/the-miami-dolphins-will-make-miami-a-football-town-again-9495170

Cautiously optimistic. After the past two decades, it's so hard to believe we may have a coach with a clue and a team on the rise. It's been so long for this life long fan I don't how to act or what to think. C'mon boys..

lets just hope the fanbase doesn't jump off the deepend if we ever lose two games in a row.

Suspect we play much better this year and have a worse record. That does not mean the sky is falling, but suspect much of the fanbase will take it that way

Too many years of having this team leaving me with the feeling of getting kicked in the plums has left me being very cautiously optimistic going forward. Here's hoping this team can change that for everyone!

Um yea, ok, we'll see about that.

What kind of town is it now?

For us outside FL, nationally the impression we're given from various media outlets is that everyone in south Florida is a Heat fanatic....or out partying instead of paying attention to sports at all. Not saying i necessarily buy it mind you, just that that's what they are selling.

Like has been said, we could have a better team, but with a worse record than last year. Other than NE, there's a lot of parity in the AFC. I just really, really, really want us to make the postseason again! I can't wait to see them in LA against the Chargers. Hopefully we're sitting 2-0 after that game.

For us outside FL, nationally the impression we're given from various media outlets is that everyone in south Florida is a Heat fanatic....or out partying instead of paying attention to sports at all. Not saying i necessarily buy it mind you, just that that's what they are selling.
Just seems to me Miami is always a football town unless the Marlins are in the world series, the Heat are a championship contender or that one year the Panthers did good. Looking at the current landscape, Dolphins should have no problem holding down the "Belle of the Ball" for awhile, of course the Canes could become relevant again but I don't see that happening soon.

[QUOTE="Daytona Fin, post: 7412981,, of course the Canes could become relevant again but I don't see that happening soon.[/QUOTE]

You might change your mind on that after this year and the next. Canes have the # 1 recruiting class so far for 2018. Coming to get you :)

I see them and the Fins retaking their place as the top two with the Marlins and Heat just trying to stay relevant.

You might change your mind on that after this year and the next. Canes have the # 1 recruiting class so far for 2018. Coming to get you :)

I see them and the Fins retaking their place as the top two with the Marlins and Heat just trying to stay relevant.
Look out, the paper champs are going to the top :biggrin I kid I kid.

I think college football has sort of turned into the NBA, who can beat Lebron, whereas it's chasing Saban. ACC is stacked and until the Canes can come out on top there, Dolphins will always have the edge even as borderline wild card team. But hey the Canes would make it a football town too :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom