The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved?

Swantoon

Active Roster
Reaction score
Maybe there should be a disclaimer saying that only positive threads are allowed here. It was an unpopular opinion, but it is based just as much in reality as any other opinion. Why is this site so afraid of dissenting opinions?

Maybe there should be a disclaimer saying that only positive threads are allowed here. It was an unpopular opinion, but it is based just as much in reality as any other opinion. Why is this site so afraid of dissenting opinions?

Just a question...if he hasnt even played a down with us....how can you say he is a bust?

Maybe....try rewording things, and then backing them up with quality analysis like:

"In my opinion, Ellerbe wont fit into this system....and here is why"

I'm not a mod, but I would consider that Spam. How is Ellerbe a bust when he has yet to play a down for us? You are jumping the gun.

And my question was rhetorical, i'm not looking for your explanation. If I was, I would have clicked that silly thread you made.

I'm not sold yet. Undrafted free agent making that kind of money based on a few games towards the end of the season, hmmmm. Not gonna right him off as a bust yet, but got a lot to prove in my book.

Probably got moved to the trash were it belonged. Could have been backed by stats in games where ray Lewis played with and without ellerbe.

No one knows what will happen. Maybe Wallace is the bust? Better to wait before judging anyone. But the OP has every right in the world to have an opinion. We all have them, even if we are wrong.

There's a credibility issue as to the OPs agenda coming out of nowhere this month to start this thread. I've long advocated that thread starting privileges should be both earned and revoked based on criteria including length of membership, number of posts and nature of reputation. An Ellerbe critique of this nature would resonate more credibly, even if most took issue, if it had originated from someone who we're familiar with who's proven his impartiality IMO. :idk:

I didn't make the thread, and have no idea if Ellerbe will be a bust or not. It's just a shame to see this site turn into an either go with the group or get out site.

Yea, that's pretty sad. The guy thought it out and had examples of Raven defensive player busts who were in the exact same situation as Ellerbe this year. I feel like he was wronged, so....He had LBs and DEs (Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Ed Hartwell, Anthony Weaver, Jarrett Johnson) and I think it holds true for DBs as well: Dawan Landry, Nakamura, Zbikowski. Defensive guys who have left Baltimore recently haven't performed to the same degree.

If you can post how much you like a deal, why can't you post that you doubt it?

Well to be fair, FA's and draft picks get lauded as steals, impact players and huge assets without having played a down for us all the time. This is no indication of how i think Ellerbe will turn out, i have no idea, but their does tend to be a bit of a double standard at times.

I dont think there are double standards. I think there are posting standards. If you write something like..."Ellerbe is a Bust"....its gonna go to the trash heap. Why? If you took the time to back your thesis with facts...why not take the extra second and title your thread appropriately. You cant PROVE Ellerbe is a bust. He hasnt played yet.

I think the point is....think about what you are going to write, and then write it in a way that isnt inflammatory. Take pride in your post....

I dont think there are double standards. I think there are posting standards. If you write something like..."Ellerbe is a Bust"....its gonna go to the trash heap. Why? If you took the time to back your thesis with facts...why not take the extra second and title your thread appropriately. You cant PROVE Ellerbe is a bust. He hasnt played yet.

I think the point is....think about what you are going to write, and then write it in a way that isnt inflammatory. Take pride in your post....

Whats the difference between posting Ellerbe is going to be bust and Ellerbe is a steal or Ellerbe is a going to be an awesome player for us? Threads with as much facts posted as the Ellerbe is a bust thread but with the latters title would never be moved to spam

Whats the difference between posting Ellerbe is going to be bust and Ellerbe is a steal or Ellerbe is a going to be an awesome player for us? Threads with as much facts posted as the Ellerbe is a bust thread but with the latters title would never be moved to spam

There was a big problem with the poster. His main argument was that playing alongside Ray Lewis was the reason for Ellerbe's success. And that is why he won't be be as good with the Dolphins. He also stated that his 2nd favorite team was Baltimore. Now, he could be just young and didn't know that Ellerbe played most of the year replacing Lewis, not alongside him. But if he is an adult, I'm not sure I believe he is a Raven's fan. He then doesn't respond to any posts questioning his position, but repeated the same argument, or the one about most FA's being busts. He doesn't have a history of posting. Who makes his first thread so inflammatory? He seemed a provocateur or troll in modern usage.

There was a big problem with the poster. His main argument was that playing alongside Ray Lewis was the reason for Ellerbe's success. And that is why he won't be be as good with the Dolphins. He also stated that his 2nd favorite team was Baltimore. Now, he could be just young and didn't know that Ellerbe played most of the year replacing Lewis, not alongside him. But if he is an adult, I'm not sure I believe he is a Raven's fan. He then doesn't respond to any posts questioning his position, but repeated the same argument, or the one about most FA's being busts. He doesn't have a history of posting. Who makes his first thread so inflammatory? He seemed a provocateur or troll in modern usage.

I disagree with his logic, but that's what the forum is for. He states his opinion and other people state theirs.

Moderation
Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to edit or delete your thread or post without consulting you first. Moderators and Super Moderators also have the right to act without consulting an Administrator first.

However, if you find that a Moderator continually does this for no apparent reason, please email an Administrator.
According to the TOS.

Back
Top Bottom