The Facts: Brady and Bellichick are vastly overrated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Facts: Brady and Bellichick are vastly overrated

DolphinFanMD

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Brady is 59-15 vs the AFC East in his career:

22-2 vs the Bills
18-6 vs Jets
17-7 vs the Dolphins

Divisional games are usually a crap shoot for most teams, but not for the Pats in the Brady era. With a .797 winning percentage vs. the division Brady has averaged a 5-1 record in division every year. In essence Brady starts every year knowing that all he has to do is win 6-8 games vs non-divisional opponents to get a first round bye.

Lets dig deeper-

Buffalo Bills since 2001 (Brady's first season)

Record: 80-127,
6 Head Coaches-Williams,Mularkey,Juaron, Fewell, Gailey, Marrone
7 QB's- Van Pelt, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Manuel
0 divison titles, 0 playoff appearances

Miami Dolphins since 2001
Record: 96-112
7 Head Coaches: Wannstedt, Bates, Saban, Cameron, Sparano, Bowles, Philbin
9 QB's: Fiedler, Feeley, Frerrotte, Harrington, Lemon, Pennington, Henne, Tannehill
1 divisional title (Brady tore his ACL), 2 playoff appearances, 0 playoff wins

New York Jets since 2001
Record 104-104
3 Head Coaches: Edwards, Mangini, Ryan
6 QB's-Testaverde, Pennington, Bollinger, Favre, Sanchez, Smith
1 divisional title, 6 playoff appearances, 6 playoff wins

New England Patriots
Record 158-50
1 Head Coach: Bellichick
2 QB's: Brady, Cassel
11 division titles, 11 playoff apperances, 18 playoff wins, 3 Superbowls, 5 conference championships

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only QB who made the Pro Bowl on the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins in 13 seasons has been Brett Favre.

Imagine if Marino didn't have Kelly in his division?

Manning went up against Air McNair

Elway vs Montana and Young

Brady played nobody...The reason they have won so many games is because the AFC E has been historically bad the past decade.

Part of this premise is correct; the Pats have not had much competition within their own division. Or perhaps the teams have been so bad because they are having to face the Patriots. It has been amazing how most parts up in New England change, but if Brady and Belichek are there, they have a winning team. I want opinions on if Brady makes Belichek look good or if Belichek makes Brady look good, or are they both HOF's, or would they both stink separated from each other?

You know, I dislike Brady and Belichick as much as the next guy but it's not his record against the AFC East that I'm looking at. It's his record against the NFC in the Superbowl.

Good lord people please stop bringing in meaningless stats just to try and make a point.

• Look at the records
  • Look at the Wins
  • Look at the Superbowl's
  • Look at the constancy
  • Throw away any meaningless stat that tries to dispute the above.
  • End Thread

Both have a chance today with a win to top the all time career leading list in the following.

Brady can join Mike Lodish - Buffalo XXV, XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII, Denver XXXII, XXXIII and Don Beebe - Buffalo XXV, XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII, Green Bay XXXI XXXII as the only players to play in 6 Super Bowls.
Brady can surpass Elway (5) with 6 Super Bowl starts.

Bellicheat can join Dan Reeves - assistant coach X, XII, XIII, head coach Denver XXI, XXII, XXIV, Atlanta XXXIII as the only coach to coach in 7 Super Bowls.
Bellicheat can join Tom Landry with 20 playoff victories.

That being said,

Go Broncos! :hclap:

I absolutely despise the Pats esp Brady BUT he is legit and will go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game and I would kill to have a qb like him. Here's hoping the Broncos beat them.

Part of this premise is correct; the Pats have not had much competition within their own division. Or perhaps the teams have been so bad because they are having to face the Patriots. It has been amazing how most parts up in New England change, but if Brady and Belichek are there, they have a winning team. I want opinions on if Brady makes Belichek look good or if Belichek makes Brady look good, or are they both HOF's, or would they both stink separated from each other?

Still that's only a maximum of 6 wins a year assuming they swept the whole division (which they haven't done). Yet they still win 10-14 games a year for 10+ years. In no way is New England overrated.

How I would love for our Phins to be overrated as they are!

Whatever helps you come to grips with the Patriots kicking our teeth in on their way to three Super Bowls.

The Facts:

Three Super Bowl titles
Countless AFC East titles
MVP Awards for Mr. Overrated
Methodical coaching that does a lot more with a lot less

8twn-1.gif

They're not overrated at all. But I'm sure happy as hell they lost today.

Back
Top Bottom