The Fall of the Patriots | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Patriots

Terrible post - the NFL has changed over those years. YOu aren't allowed to hit qb's at all anymore. QB'S are going to be "falling" at later years in their career. Manning/Brady probably still have a few years of playing at a high level.

And hopefully his replacement isn't Mallet. I would absolutely hate to see Mallet become a great QB since many here wanted us to draft him.

And the Jets with no offensive weapons and bad QB play got the same wins as us...

Every year many folks here put on their homer glasses and every year for the past 10 years+ they are always wrong...

Have some perspective.

I'll believe it when I see it.. The Patriots are still the best team in the AFC East.

Watch his games last year and you'll be know why this is dead wrong. He was great around 30ish but watch his games last year. Sure he didn't have great receivers but some of those balls he threw were just straight off. Passes that Brady used to make in his sleep were completely overthrown. He had a very average season this year and I don't think he'll get any better. A body can only handle so much before it starts giving up. There's a reason why players don't play into their 40's. I don't expect Brady to be awful but his days of being a top 5 qb are far over with.

I agree, this does not seem like the old Brady, he is missing receivers more often. Where in the past, once the ball left his hand, I cringed on who was about to hurt us, and how bad, now once the ball leave his hand, I watch to see if it was on mark, or can even be caught.

Terrible post - the NFL has changed over those years. YOu aren't allowed to hit qb's at all anymore. QB'S are going to be "falling" at later years in their career. Manning/Brady probably still have a few years of playing at a high level.

Staggeringly horrific post with a lack of reading comprehension.

It doesn't have to do with getting hit. It has to do with reaction time slowing down.

Unless NFL rule changes somehow slow down time, Brady's going to fall off badly within the next two years.

The Fall of the Patriots won't happen anytime soon, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith, and E.J. Manuel. Those are the other three quarterbacks in his division.

Three up and coming young QBs in Brady's division is the reason Brady will not fall? :confused:.......OK:foundout:

And the Jets with no offensive weapons and bad QB play got the same wins as us...

Every year many folks here put on their homer glasses and every year for the past 10 years+ they are always wrong...

Have some perspective.

Please point out the part in my OP where I said the Dolphins were going to catch them.

For the reading comprehension fail, homer-bashing crowd:

This was about the Patriots coming back to the pack, not everyone else getting better.

Good thread and there is no doubt they begin to decline...it's not an exact science but it is inevitable.

I for one don't believe Brady is better than ever or as good as he once was, Peyton as well, despite the gaudy numbers last year on a loaded football team. If the passing rules stay like they are there is no telling how gaudy passing numbers will get.

You can see the decline in Peyton though, the arm is weaker than it was.

Denver knows Peyton ' s window is small and they are going all in.

If that team stays healthy and Peyton doesn't hit the wall they look hard to beat.

I agree that Brady is losing it but he still has enough to beat most every team.... If Belicheat can get a strong Defense Brady has enough left to get the job done....looks like thats the route he's taking with the FA moves he made so far....Let's not forget, as poor as the Pats played in that Championship game they were right in it to the end, if they score that 2 pt conversion they would be down by 8 with 3 minutes left.....so the way I see it the Pats were a Gronkowski away from winning that game......one thing I learned about Brady's demise, I won't believe it until its over with.....

I'm sure the Pats will offset any deficiencies from QB play by adding RB power, extra WR's for short-yardage completions, and keeping their defense's football IQ unnaturally high.

Even without Brady, I don't see the Pats being a pushover. They're an extremely well-coached team and they make the necessary halftime adjustments. To OP's point, I think the Fins can definitely defeat them in the coming years, but Miami needs to be on it's A game. I think how Philbin performs as HC this upcoming season will dictate what the current Dolphins are made of; it's his time to try and out-coach Belicheck on an even-talent plane.

Staggeringly horrific post with a lack of reading comprehension.

It doesn't have to do with getting hit. It has to do with reaction time slowing down.

Unless NFL rule changes somehow slow down time, Brady's going to fall off badly within the next two years.

Those things are because your body takes a beating. Not just from turning into the late 30's. The fact that they are subjected to much less punishment means they will last longer.

In addition to the fact the dbs can do nothing to cover these days either.

Its a different NFL. Which majors your op completely out of touch and incorrect. Nice try though..... Swiiiing and miss

Those things are because your body takes a beating. Not just from turning into the late 30's. The fact that they are subjected to much less punishment means they will last longer.

In addition to the fact the dbs can do nothing to cover these days either.

Its a different NFL. Which majors your op completely out of touch and incorrect. Nice try though..... Swiiiing and miss

The swing and a miss is in the bolded part of your post. Here, I'll make it a all caps for you: RULE CHANGES DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE AGE SLOWER.

Here, in case you're as bad at Googling as you are at understanding the point: http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/A-Ba-and-timeline/Aging-and-Athletic-Performance.html#b

From the second sentence of the article: "The physical peak for most humans, in most sports, is between 25 and 35 years of age; during this peak period, the well-conditioned athlete can create a confluence of muscular strength, peak cardiovascular and oxygen transport, speed and reaction time, and mental capabilities (including the ability to deal with competitive pressures), all bound together by a desire to succeed."

The last paragraph:

"In addition to the generalized impact that age presents on injury and the body's ability to recover, age is a significant reducing factor in the assessment of reaction time in athletes. "Reaction time" is the expression used to describe a complex sequence of related actions when the body is called upon to respond to a stimulus. Every competitive sport involves a reaction time; examples include the cricket batsman deciding whether to swing at a particular ball, an ice hockey goalie moving to stop a shot, or a sprinter exploding from the starters' block. The speed with which the athlete reacts is a combination of their ability to recognize the required response, the choices available to them, the type of reaction required, practice in responding to this situation, fatigue, and the age of the athlete."

The "in touch and correct" crowd has more if you need it.

The end is coming for Brady and history shows it will be sooner rather than later. I hope it is 2014

The swing and a miss is in the bolded part of your post. Here, I'll make it a all caps for you: RULE CHANGES DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE AGE SLOWER.

Here, in case you're as bad at Googling as you are at understanding the point: http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/A-Ba-and-timeline/Aging-and-Athletic-Performance.html#b

From the second sentence of the article: "The physical peak for most humans, in most sports, is between 25 and 35 years of age; during this peak period, the well-conditioned athlete can create a confluence of muscular strength, peak cardiovascular and oxygen transport, speed and reaction time, and mental capabilities (including the ability to deal with competitive pressures), all bound together by a desire to succeed."

The last paragraph:

"In addition to the generalized impact that age presents on injury and the body's ability to recover, age is a significant reducing factor in the assessment of reaction time in athletes. "Reaction time" is the expression used to describe a complex sequence of related actions when the body is called upon to respond to a stimulus. Every competitive sport involves a reaction time; examples include the cricket batsman deciding whether to swing at a particular ball, an ice hockey goalie moving to stop a shot, or a sprinter exploding from the starters' block. The speed with which the athlete reacts is a combination of their ability to recognize the required response, the choices available to them, the type of reaction required, practice in responding to this situation, fatigue, and the age of the athlete."

The "in touch and correct" crowd has more if you need it.

You just don't get it at all. That's all good and great that you did that "research". But just because data exists, doesn't mean that the sample or the one person you are targeting, falls directly into the data that was presented. There are always.... always data points that will fall out of that first standard deviation in data.

Yes people won't age slower.... but they will age better, and they are aging better as a result of taking less hits. Adn they are taking less hits as a result of the rule changes. Simple... simple...simple.

But I"m not surprised you don't understand.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also the fact that you are posting information from a web site that has no sourcing of their data, and doesn't present their data is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom