The Fall of the Patriots | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Patriots

Did you watch those throws he was making in the 4th?

No I didn't actually. This is still the NFL and there is a lot of football left to play. Brady could easily snap out of this slump, though I hope to Christ he doesn't. Like I said, until I see them with a losing record I am not counting them out yet. Especially with the fact that the rest of the division is bi-polar as **** when it comes to putting together consecutive wins.

Nother could be worse than the Pat's winning the division with a losing record.

we have been waiting for this for a long time, the Pats have always been ALL about Brady and he does not look like Tom Brady this year and NE stinks right now b/c of it BUT he has burned us too many times for me to bury them. I just want to see this continuing before I get excited.

we have been waiting for this for a long time, the Pats have always been ALL about Brady and he does not look like Tom Brady this year and NE stinks right now b/c of it BUT he has burned us too many times for me to bury them. I just want to see this continuing before I get excited.

I couldn't agree more.

this is making me borderline giddy.

This is the end for Belichick unless they can get it righted quickly. For years #12 has carried Belichick's ****ty personnel decisions on his right arm. Now that they can't rely on that or videotaping other teams? They're stuck trying to outsmart 31 other teams by trading away all-pro guards for project TEs.

This is the end for Belichick unless they can get it righted quickly. For years #12 has carried Belichick's ****ty personnel decisions on his right arm. Now that they can't rely on that or videotaping other teams? They're stuck trying to outsmart 31 other teams by trading away all-pro guards for project TEs.

yup, even the best qbs eventually lose it.

this is why it is essential to make the most out of this opportunity and win the god damn division this year.

all it will prob take is 10-6 at best to do so, and 9-7 can even get it done.

its there, we gotta just take advantage.

Yup. Can't get away with the reckless personnel decisions he has made and the trouble rebuilding what was a solid defense full of guys brought in by Carroll and Parcells. I have always thought BB was highly over rated and rode the OL and Brady's coat tails. The strength of that team is in trouble and there isno immediate fix.

In my wildest hopes this spiral continues and by mid season we have a QB controversy. Garapollo coming in and moving the offense certainly gives everyone something to tuck away in the back of their minds.

Patriots defense hasn't been the same since they had to stop taping practices.

Go figure.

OL OL OL I remember Brady having enough time to mix a martini before he threw the ball, and now you combine the OL and age and in my opinion it is over.
Wilfork is done too.
RT looked like Marino when the OL kept him clean, Brady retires this year.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Revis looked like **** too.

Yup. Can't get away with the reckless personnel decisions he has made and the trouble rebuilding what was a solid defense full of guys brought in by Carroll and Parcells. I have always thought BB was highly over rated and rode the OL and Brady's coat tails. The strength of that team is in trouble and there isno immediate fix.

In my wildest hopes this spiral continues and by mid season we have a QB controversy. Garapollo coming in and moving the offense certainly gives everyone something to tuck away in the back of their minds.

Let's not get carried away here. They did pretty well when Brady missed a year and Matt Cassell was the QB. Yup, the Matt Cassell.

That being said, this team is nowhere near that team and I'm very skeptical of Garoppolo (long-term). In any case, their defense was supposed to be much better. I'm surprised it isn't.

Let's not get carried away here. They did pretty well when Brady missed a year and Matt Cassell was the QB. Yup, the Matt Cassell.

That being said, this team is nowhere near that team and I'm very skeptical of Garoppolo (long-term). In any case, their defense was supposed to be much better. I'm surprised it isn't.

they were 16-0 w/ Brady in 2007
they were 10-5 w/ Cassell starting in 2008

that is a HUGE difference

Junc, I'll add that it was probably the easiest scedule for the AFC East teams that year and re-emphasize, that is a HUGE difference.

Junc, I'll add that it was probably the easiest scedule for the AFC East teams that year and re-emphasize, that is a HUGE difference.

That as well. we all had creampuff scheds. BB is a complete failure w/o Brady playing at a high level.

This is from a Pat's fan on another board...

It's time to get really real about the Patriots problems. And these aren't just problems you fix with a band-aid and a kiss on the boo-boo. These are deep-rooted, systemic problems that do not appear to be imminently resolvable.

Robert Kraft, for all the good he's done - building a multi-million dollar, state-of-the-art stadium without a dime of taxpayer money; constructing a sprawling, outdoor mall with shops, restaurants, bars, a movie theater, a team Hall of Fame (again, without asking taxpayers for a cent); rescuing the team from being moved to St. Louis; building the franchise into a model of consistency in the early 2000s - has inexplicably settled into becoming a miser. The Patriots are nearly $15 million under the salary cap, but don't tell that to team President Jonathan Kraft, who will remind you of obscure roster bonuses that, if reached, would have the Patriots closer to $4 million under the cap.

Kraft's penny-pinching ways started years ago, when he and Logan Mankins got into a staring contest, and Mankins eventually won, but not before he basically called Kraft a liar. But a lot of Kraft's lack of enthusiasm to spend can be directly attributed to...

Bill Belichick thinking he's still miles ahead of the curve and the smartest guy in the room. When the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI, they did it on the backs of experienced veterans whom Belichick thought he could squeeze the last ounce of talent out of. Antowain Smith, David Patten, Bobby Hamilton, Anthony Pleasant, Bryan Cox, Larry Izzo, Roman Phifer, Otis Smith...each of these players were on the back nine of their careers, and Belichick was able to get one more season out of them. But something happened, right around the time Scott Pioli left for Kansas City and Belichick was left as master and commander. No longer were the Patriots signing veterans and trying to replicate the success of 2001; now the team was cutting these veterans in training camp and replacing them with undrafted free agents and late-round scrap-heap players who provided "value". And in Bill Belichick's New England "value" trumps all. Even "talent". There's a reason why the Patriots signed Brandon LaFell instead of any of the myriad options at receiver who were so obviously better than LaFell: because he provides four-down value. He's not very good at receiving, blocking, or defending kick-offs, but he can at least do it all. Belichick would rather have a player who is OK at three things over a guy who is great at one thing but not very good at the other two. And in the past few years, that has failed them.

Tom Brady is not going to last forever. Sadly, that realization came right around the 2006 season when the Patriots lacked a quality receiver for Brady to trust in the AFC Championship Game against the Colts, which led to a loss in that game. Because the franchise decided that Deion Branch wasn't worth the money, and his talent could be replicated by a mish-mash of Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Doug Gabriel. And since 2007, how many seasons can we truly say the franchise did everything in its power to give Brady the best surrounding cast possible? I can think of three: 2007, 2011, and 2012. Two of those years, they advanced to the Super Bowl. In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, and 2014, they have left wins on the field because they'd rather win at the negotiation table.

And on Brady, I hope Patriots fans are ready for the ugly pissing contest that's coming next spring, because it is absolutely inevitable. Brady is visibly fed up, and you can't blame him. And he's going to have a down year (by his standards) and the Belichick/Kraft duo will think his tank's run empty, and they'll shop him. Also, he's got a contract dispute rearing its ugly head, and as we've learned from Mankins, Asante Samuel, and Wes Welker, if you dare to question your contract, you are a dead man walking. This is Tom Brady's last season in New England. I can assure that. The Patriots front office is ready to move on, they just aren't ready for the inevitable colossal s***storm that's coming when they make the move. Fans are going to be enraged. And that won't hurt Kraft's bottom line, but a 6-10 or 5-11 season with a not-ready Jimmy Garoppolo under center will.

Tommy Kelly put it perfectly in an article posted to the Arizona Cardinals website Monday: "Are we worried about money here? Or are we worried about winning?" The answer, sadly, is all too obvious.

Back
Top Bottom