The Fall of the Patriots | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Patriots

Compare it to how the Colts did when Manning was injured.

did Peyton leave them an undefeated team? NE had a QB in their system for years as the backup, Indy called a 40 year old up off the couch just before the season started. How did Indy do a year later when they got a Luck?

This is from a Pat's fan on another board...

Man. If Brady gets shopped around. I can already see half the people here tripping over themselves to say we should sign him. It will be Manning all over again. Depending on how pissed Brady is, he might want to sign within the division just to spite New England. Seeing as how the Bills benched Manuel so early I could see them making a huge push for Brady. Especially with new owners wanting to make a splash. It will be real interesting to watch that is for sure.

Man. If Brady gets shopped around. I can already see half the people here tripping over themselves to say we should sign him. It will be Manning all over again. Depending on how pissed Brady is, he might want to sign within the division just to spite New England. Seeing as how the Bills benched Manuel so early I could see them making a huge push for Brady. Especially with new owners wanting to make a splash. It will be real interesting to watch that is for sure.

If Tannehill continues to be inconsistent and fails to take the next step this year, I would absolutely be one of those people, just like I was when Manning was looking for a new team. Brady and draft a QB to groom behind him in a year or two? Yes, please. The only reason the Pats are even remotely competitive is because of Brady. The rest of that offense, with the exception of Edelman, is flat out terrible.

As for the Bills, Brady with Jackson, Spiller, Watkins, Woods, Williams, etc.? No thanks.

The Pats fan pretty well hit the nail on the head. If they do dump him I'm sure the Bills and Jets will be knocking on his door and if Tom wanted to stay in the AFCE, it would be in NYC. Just a hunch.

did Peyton leave them an undefeated team? NE had a QB in their system for years as the backup, Indy called a 40 year old up off the couch just before the season started. How did Indy do a year later when they got a Luck?

ironic you're talking about Indy's philosophy including starting the same " Curtis Painter who came in to play in game15 in 09 and put up an 11QBR (15QBR vs Buffalo the next week). Indy used the same Curtis Painter and his 8 games of 61.5QBR 54% completion , 6TDs 9 Ints, to tank for Luck but you're talking about Kerry Collins who only started 3 games in '11 (Orlovsky started the others). Kind of puts an exclamation point on how much Indy values their QBs not named Luck or Manning, as you pointed out, eh?.

I was agreeing with you.. that compared to the Belicheats, Indy does not take their backup QBs seriously (well that's unless they know what exactly they have, who at Stanford they want, and how he can help get him) - and fortunate for the jets that they don't/ didn't. You used Kerry Coillins as a personification of that and I merely pointed out that probably the worst of the '11 Indy QB cadre was who they were starting.

The argument is Belichik would be nothing without Brady. I pointed out he won with Cassell. And he did. How is that not the end of the argument? Of course that was an excellent team. What other team could win with Matt freaking Cassell at QB? He and his team minus Brady made Cassell, who is not worth anything, look like a second rounder, which is what he got for him. So it seems to me Belichik and his team did do pretty well minus Brady.

Not to mention it took years for Brady to turn into the Brady we know, and they won Super Bowls before Brady started playing at a HoF level.

The argument is Belichik would be nothing without Brady. I pointed out he won with Cassell. And he did. How is that not the end of the argument? Of course that was an excellent team. What other team could win with Matt freaking Cassell at QB? He and his team minus Brady made Cassell, who is not worth anything, look like a second rounder, which is what he got for him. So it seems to me Belichik and his team did do pretty well minus Brady.

Not to mention it took years for Brady to turn into the Brady we know, and they won Super Bowls before Brady started playing at a HoF level.

he did NOT win w/ Cassell. w/ Brady in 2007 starting they were 16-0, w/ Cassell in 2008 they were 10-5 w/ a MUCH weaker schedule.

2007 vs. playoff bound teams:
6-0
outscored opps 234-116
avg. score: NE 39 opps 19

2008 vs. playoff bound teams:
2-4
outscored by opps 154-143
avg. score: NE 24 opps 26

see any differences?

and Matt Cassell led another team to a division title so this was not some awful QB who couldn't play in this league.

BB WITH Tom Brady(12+ seasons):
150-45, 77%
11 playoff apps
11 div titles
8 title game apps
5 SB apps
3 SB wins

BB WITHOUT Tom Brady(&+ seasons):
51-62, 45%
1 playoff app
1 playoff win(WC rd)
zero div rd wins
zero div titles
zero title game apps
zero SB apps

this should end the argument

they wouldn't have even been in the playoffs w/o Brady. NE was 5-11 in 2000, they started 0-2 in 2001 including losing to an awful Bengal team then magically Brady comes in and they win 11 of 14 to win the division and get a bye. Brady was the biggest reason they won all of their SBs and the biggest reason BB isn't a DC somewhere else today.

The Bungles are gonna drop a 50 burger on em sunday.

What ends the argument is that 10-6 is winning. That's because the 10 represents the wins and the six represents the losses, in case it isn't clear, and the wins are more than the losses. That's a record that should get you to the playoffs nearly every time.

You don't think 10-6 is winning? I guess it must be losing, then.

What ends the argument is that 10-6 is winning. That's because the 10 represents the wins and the six represents the losses, in case it isn't clear, and the wins are more than the losses. That's a record that should get you to the playoffs nearly every time.

You don't think 10-6 is winning? I guess it must be losing, then.

10 wins in 2008 is the equivalent to 6-7 in most years. sched was creampuff and AGAIN Cassell would win a division title for another team so clearly the man proved he can play and you can win w/ him in this league so why couldn't BB? he missed the playoffs like he has done in all but one non Brady season.

We'll be okay. After we fix our offensive line we'll be dominating the league again.

10 wins in 2008 is the equivalent to 6-7 in most years. sched was creampuff and AGAIN Cassell would win a division title for another team so clearly the man proved he can play and you can win w/ him in this league so why couldn't BB? he missed the playoffs like he has done in all but one non Brady season.

Full of doo-doo.
a) it was 11-5 in 2008
b) to say that 10-6 and 11-5 in any other year outside 2008 would be equivalent to a 6-10 or 7-9 record is rather self serving and has no factual background. It is just your opinion.

But who am I talking to....a person who thinks that 1-3 is really or could be or should be 4-0.

Last place...1-3.....no QBs....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom