The Final 53: Who's in, who's out, and the odds for each player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final 53: Who's in, who's out, and the odds for each player

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
ok cool, dont like the comment about zach......... but ok

Yeah the Zach being "highly overrated" comment are false. Hes always been an underdog, and people keep saying stuff like "his play will start to decline this year", but he keeps proving them all wrong.

I did think this comment was clever:
CB Patrick Surtain: Surtain has been known as more of a Robin than a Batman

Actually, I thought the comment on Zach was perfect. I am a BIG zach fan, and loves what he brings to the game, but what NYFcat said was true. He struggles when he doesn't have tackles doing the "dirty" work for him. *See his match-ups with Mawae for proof." He is not the dominant physical force that Ray Lewis is... and can not take on blockers and still make the tackle. But he is sstill a great player and makes up for what he lacks in siza and strength with instincts and knowledge of the game.

Plus I believe Konrad is w/out a doubt a lock to make the team.

booyeah:

Don't get me wrong... I've always been a big Zach Thomas fan. He's the heart and soul of this defense and IN THIS SCHEME he's a great player. IMO, he's the best coverage MLB in the league and no one shows a greater willingness to prepare. But he did miss a lot of tackles last year and he wasn't as dominant when the DL collapsed.

Secondly, I was very very close to placing Konrad in the "locks" category. But if Ayanbadejo clearly outplays him the rest of the way, ya never know. Personally, I think Ayanbadejo's sole purpose is to scare our two FB's.

Thanks for the comments.

I don't think Ray Lucas is a lock. I've been reading that the Dolphin coaches are disappointed in Lucas, and may bring in another veteran QB to replace him.

Originally posted by relive1972
I don't think Ray Lucas is a lock. I've been reading that the Dolphin coaches are disappointed in Lucas, and may bring in another veteran QB to replace him.

You wanna bet? Lucas is a lock; there's no way he doesn't make the team as the #2 QB.

Re: booyeah:

Originally posted by NYFCat
Don't get me wrong... I've always been a big Zach Thomas fan. He's the heart and soul of this defense and IN THIS SCHEME he's a great player. IMO, he's the best coverage MLB in the league and no one shows a greater willingness to prepare. But he did miss a lot of tackles last year and he wasn't as dominant when the DL collapsed.

Secondly, I was very very close to placing Konrad in the "locks" category. But if Ayanbadejo clearly outplays him the rest of the way, ya never know. Personally, I think Ayanbadejo's sole purpose is to scare our two FB's.

Thanks for the comments.

If you ask me, LBs are symbiotic to the DL. 9/10, if the D-line improves so will the LB. 9/10 if the D-line struggles the LB's production will decrease. For example, Urlacher had his best year when Ted Washington came to town, and I'll be surprised if Ray Lewis won't miss Sam Adams.

And Grooves, Mawae just has Zach's number(Like Coles on Sam).

When making the final roster Dave has said more than once that there is a good chance that 6 backs make the team, so they might keep the 4 TBs or 3 TBs and 3 FBs. I think one of the most heated competions will be at DT. Henry Taylor is comming on strong, but wil have to keep it going in every preseason game to unseat Haley or Gant. O-line will also be a battle with many spots unsure thus far. Look for Nails and Perry to come out with something to prove. The other great battle should be for the 5th WR/PR job. The 5ht wr may be the forgotten man, but remember the last 2 years when our 5th guy saw lots of action late in the season. I personally hope Robert Baker keeps comming up with huge catches.

I think the whole Zach vs Mawae thing is an overrated battle that is based more on press talk than in actual reality. Yes, Kevin Mawae is probably the BEST center in the league, and yes when you have a MLB of Zach's stature the Center's job is to fire off the ball and try to take the MLB out of the play. And yes, the best center in the league is able to take Zach out of SOME plays. But Mawae doesn't win them all contrary to popular belief, and Zach does not have trouble in general dealing with OL when he's healthy. He's only able to be a drive stopper when OL are kept off him, but the same goes EQUALLY for any MLB in this league Ray Lewis included. So, of course Zach wants the DTs to keep OL off him because it allows him to perform his job the 2nd best in the league. But the same goes for any other MLB out there. If you're as big as Levon 300+ lbs Kirkland, then maybe you can disregard OL completely...that is if you manage to huff and puff to where the play is gonna be.

Unfortunately yes Lucas probably is a lock just because there's nobody we could bring in unless Gruden shocks the world and fires Brad Johnson, who knows Turner's playbook as well as Lucas does. Second biggest laugh of the day? Because Disney charged for admission to the Bucs scrimmages, scouts from other teams were allowed to come (way to go Disney) and the only scout that showed up was from the Jacksonville Jaguars, lol! The BIGGEST laugh of the day? Scott Mitchell showed up to the scrimmages too, and he's looking to land a job with the Bucs or Dolphins. LMFAOWROFSUBAPMP (laughing my fvcking @ss off while rolling on the floor spitting up blood and peeing my pants)!

Jeez, any LB struggles when he doesn't have somebody taking up the O-lines time.

The Jets haven't been that succesful against us on the ground during Zach's tenure.

Back
Top Bottom