The Finheaven Tailgate - East 22

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Sep 22, 2016.

1. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Since the question about tailgating always arises I have put together a post about where we are and how to get to us. While the basic of this post and the majority of the information will not change it is still somewhat a project in progress. I will add a few pics and some info in the next couple of days. Until then I will leave it locked. Some of the questions which come up may be answered when it is finished. I hope to get it all done in the next two days.
    The thread will stay sticky for a few weeks and eventually moved to the Tailgate section.

Where should you tailgate in 2016/2017?
    As most of you know FH has a set tailgate section. It’s called East22 (explanation coming). A lot of people get confused trying to find a certain tailgate area especially when they are from out of town and parking attendants start directing cars. If you are a seasonticket holder (now called Members) or are frequently at the stadium it might be a little redundant but this is mostly for those who are not as often at the game.

The first thing you have to be aware of is that parking has changed. If you have an Orange Parking Pass you have to come very early. Orange parking has been reduced significantly. Outside Orange lots are now cash parking lots or pre-paid Yellow Lots. Orange parkers from those lots are now parking in the immediate stadium vicinity. The left map is from pre-2016 and the right map is 2016.

[​IMG]

The next thing you have to know is that the parking area is marked by light poles
    with colored signs (corresponding to the parking color you are in), a direction and a
    number.
    In the picture below it would be Orange Parking Lot – East – 22. The one closer to
    the stadium would be E12 and the next away from the stadium would E32.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard Rock Stadium parking lots have only the directional designation of
    North, South, West and East.
    The map to the left is pre-changes but while the color of the signs may
    have changed the majority of the directional numbers remain the same. It
    will also be a map we will use to explain how to get to our tailgate area.

Now with the basics down we get to the reason of this post: How do you get to us?

The FH Tailgate is always at East22. Great group of people and we have ‘our own’ DJ. :lol:
    No matter what parking pass you have, you always want to connect with the Turnpike.
    The TP has the easiest access and the most parking available and best way to leave the
    stadium area.

If you are coming from the south (Miami, Kendal, Homestead, Key West, Miami Beach,
    Hialeah etc):

Go to I95 North and exi at 151Street (Exit 12A). If you take the Express Lanes on I95 stay
    on the right of the two lanes. The left lane will continue north only. Stay in that right lane
    and take the 151Street exit (Exit 12A). If you are in the regular lanes on I95 stay in the left
    lane. As soon as the Express Lane merges with the regular lanes move to the left. 151Street
    exit (Exit 12A) will be to your left and coming up fast.

When you exited I95 stay in the left lane (left picture) you will be merging with the Turnpike
    lanes.
    The toll plaza (right picture) is “by Plate” and Sunpass (no cash).

Stay to your right and the Stadium flyover (Exit 2X) is coming up about 1 mile to your right.
    You can’t miss it.

[​IMG]

When you are on the flyover you will stay and exit to the left. Going straight will bring you
    to the north lot.

If you are an Orange Parking Pass holder stay in the right lane and look for Gate 2. At Gate 2
    (have your Orange Parking Pass ready) turn right and immediately right again. Parking
    attendants will direct you. Once you are passed them you can cross open parking spots to
    make your way down to East22. I always do that as well. Now all you have to do is find light
    pole East22. At the end of this post I will tell you how to connect with us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are coming for the North, NorthEast or Northwest (Ft Lauderdale Beach, Ft Lauderdale,
    Davie, Plantation and everything north of that line)

That is the easiest way. Everybody from the Northwest or Northeast should connect with I395
    and exit at Turnpike South. Go south on the Turnpike.
    Before I continue we will add more fans….

If you are coming from the East (Hollywood, Hallandale, Dania) and from the West (Miramar,
    Pembroke Pines)

Go to Hollywood Blvd and go West (from Hallandale, Hollywood and Dania) or East (Pembroke
    Pines, Miramar). Go South on the Turnpike.
    All fans from the NW, N, NE, E and W will go south and pass the Miramar exit. No matter what
    game day directions you see (traffic information boards, temporary signs) you do not want to turn
    right. It is a stadium exit as well but you will be very unhappy (heavy traffic in and out, awkward
    traffic pattern). If you come from the East and West area you could by-pass the Turnpike and
    take University Drive instead but it will merge with traffic from this exit. My recommendation is:
    use this exit only if you have assigned parking (blue, purple, black in the West Lot) or drive a bus
    or RV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shortly after passing this exit you want to be in the right lane. After another lane from the
    Turnpike lanes coming from Homestead have merged move to the furthest right lane. The
    right lanes will exit to the stadium but you want to be in the right lane.
    [insert southbound exit]
    Drive through the toll plaza and stay on your right. At this point you will be merging with the
    people coming from the south (as described early).

Follow the same directions: If you are an Orange Parking Pass holder stay in the right lane and
    look for Gate 2.

At Gate 2 (have your Orange Parking Pass ready) turn right and immediately right again. Parking
    attendants will direct you. Once you are passed them you can cross open parking spots to make
    your way down to East22. I always do that as well. Now all you have to do is find light pole East22.
    At the end of this post I will tell you how to connect with us.

If you are coming from Golden Beach or Sunny Isles go south to 163 Street aka 826 and follow
    the directions to the Turnpike. Eventually you will be merging with the people coming from the
    South and you will be taking the flyover.

That concludes our directions to our parking lot (East Lot).

How do you find us?
    If you follow our direction and you have an Orange Parking Pass you should be able to park
    where we are or close to us. Just remember when the parking staff directed you onto the lot
    you may have to cross some empty parking spaces to come to us. Just follow the light poles
    (E32 is the outside).

At Gate 2
    Orange Parking Pass: If you made it to Gate 2 the attendants will guide you. If you come early
    they will guide you at the most northern row in that section (blue top arrow pointing to the left).
    Once that row has been filled or almost filled they will open up the next row (second blue arrow
    from top). And so on.....

No matter what time you come you can always cross free parking spaces to go to the spot you
    want to. But the later you get there the harder it will be as most parking spots will be filled.

Cash & Yellow Parking:If you parked in the cash lot you will have to cross over at Gate 2.
    Once you crossed the street keep to your 2o’clock. You should be walking right towards East22.

While we have a favorite are we don’t have designated spots. There are two landmarks:
    - DJ
    - Dolphins bar
    When I got the bar last year someone else bought one as well. But that person will not be as close
    to E22 as we are. The blue tent broke last year (after 15 years) and is being replaced by a Dolphins
    tent.

If you are ready to join us PM me and we exchange numbers so we can stay in contact on game day
    in case you need additional advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When should you arrive
    That is absolutely up to you. If you want to have the whole tailgate experience, you really should arrive early. Gates usually open at 9 (4 hours before kickoff). I am
    not speaking for Henrik but I know that we always have some extra food and some extra liquid. So you shouldn’t worry about food. I usually do burgers and grilled
    hot dogs, some potato salad etc. If throughout the season it becomes too much i.e. if you arrive with a group of 12 :lol: I may implement a little surcharge (please
    do tell us how many people you will bring). I figured that $4 for burger and hot dog, condiments, potato salad and drinks is a good price. $2 I will keep for food
    supply and $2 will go as a donation to FH. So far visitors arrived in manageable numbers. Not sure what Henrik will do if we have a full-fledged FH invasion. :lol:

I haven't used Twitter or Instagram privatly (just for business) but I will so so in the future. If you want to follow along on game day for a little bit you can hook up
    with me on P4E on Instagram or P4E on Twitter.

Go Dolphins!:bdh:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2016
  2. phins_4_ever

Okies.
    I updated the original post, added a couple things and streamlined it a little bit (with some formatting). I did that on a laptop so I am not sure what it looks like on a regular monitor. Maybe someone can give me some feedback.
    I also added my Instagram and Twitter because I will make some tailgating pictures throughout the season. I am not sure if Hendrik wants to add anything (Twitter, Facebook, etc).

3. Henrik

Henrik Administrator Administrator Moderator Finheaven VIP

Great post p4e!!! I'll be there as the gates open. Bringing plenty of burgers and hotdogs. Got enough booze to make Bumpus proud ;-)

Who's joining?!

4. phins_4_ever

I know Daytona will be there. My son is bringing his girlfriend and her dad. Plus a bunch of my son's friends (how the hell did I get stuck with them :lol:).
    Gates open at 9 correct? We'll be there just around 9.

5. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

One of these days I hope to get out there for a home game. When I do I plan on stopping by for sure.

6. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Damnit. I'm already in my seat inside.

7. phins_4_ever

Okayyyyyys.
    Here are a couple of pics from the last tailgate. The tailgate was fantastic, the game was not so much. From FH we had "Albert Romano", "Daytona Fin", Henrik and myself (I don't think I missed anybody). If you expand that to wives, sons (and friends of sons), grandsons and friends we had about 20 solid tailgaters.

I think we need to start taking FH group pictures to show how our hair will gray throughout one season. :lol:

If you are new and a stranger to our tailgate. This is your mark: Dolphins tent, Dolphins bar, East 22 light pole.
    The setup could be to the right or left of the light pole or across from it. But it will always be there. Picture was
    taken shortly after the gates (9am) opened.

[​IMG]

From front to back: Henrick's friends tent with Henrick (69); Henrick tent, Dolphins bar, and my tent.

[​IMG]

The other way around: Dolphins tent, Dolphins bar, Henrik's tent and his friends.

[​IMG]

Across from us we have Daytona Fin and his gang.

[​IMG]
    I do have some more pics but I haven't uploaded them yet. I was pretty much out of town.

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Hey that's my brother and I hanging out under the first tent. My son is in the Suh jersey, he's allergic to shorts :lol:

I'll upload some more pics.

[​IMG]

9. Daytona Fin

10. Daytona Fin

11. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Man I would've loved sitting behind those two hotties.

12. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

Great picture :brewskis:

I know you took him to Tootsies for some post game entertainment after the game :up:

13. Daytona Fin

We tried but my nephew forgot his ID. We told them he eats nails for breakfast but they still wouldn't let us through the door :lol:

[​IMG]

14. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

What a great thread. Should get a nod for best of the year. Thanks for taking the time to do that. If they ever get their collective heads out of their asses I'll book a flight and hang out in East 22 :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. bryan324

bryan324 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Weather permitting my girlfriend and I will be there this Sunday!! I can bring food and drinks or whatever, just let me know.

16. Daytona Fin

Here's a video of us celebrating post game, Henrik dancing in the street. Good times. :up:

[video=dailymotion;x4vpxem]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vpxem[/video]

17. phins_4_ever

Don't bother. We can always feed a couple extra people. My reference to donations was in case that tailgate blows up into a mass feeding like when we go to the playoffs (thus never happening). :lol:

Just bring yourself and your girlfriend and be safe on the road.:)

18. slk018

slk018 A True Fan

My Dad and I may stop by. We will likely Uber to stadium and walk around with the insulated backpack cooler pre game. We haven't been in forever and our hotel is super close so probably no vehicle with us there..

19. bryan324

Did you guys make it through the storm alright? Still planning on going to the game Sunday?

20. bryan324

I just got two tickets to the Bills game on 10/23 myself and a buddy will be attending the tailgate (I won't eat breakfast this time :up:)

21. phins_4_ever

Hey Bryan, was nice meeting you and your better half.

Looking forward to 10/23. :up:

22. pjzabo

pjzabo Member

Finheaven crew gonna be there this Sunday for Pitt game? I am coming down with my son from NY. I'm a huge Fins fan since 10 years old when I visited my Uncle in Miami (in 1972) and he sucked me in. Now my 22 year old son may be even more possessed than me even though he did not enjoy the good years I had so so long ago. Would love to meet some of the dedicated fans on this board as I spend a lot of time reading posts lately mostly to share my misery as we just don't know many Fins fans up here. Pete

23. phins_4_ever

My son will not be there tomorrow but I will be. I am sure Henrik and friends will be as well.

24. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

I am coming to the 49ers Game, and for sure will look for you guys. I haven't posted much the past couple years, but still love this site.

25. phins_4_ever

I won't be at the 49ers game. We will find a different landmark for you. Maybe Mikes tent. I'll take a pic of it Sunday. Henrik will probably be there though.

26. Henrik

Henrik Administrator Administrator Moderator Finheaven VIP

I will be there for the 49ers game... WildBill is flying in to tailgate with us that game too.

27. phins_4_ever

October 23, 2016
    Dolphins vs Bills

IMG_20161023_1057594.jpg

IMG_20161023_1056175.jpg

IMG_20161023_1055406.jpg

IMG_20161023_1052566~2.jpg

28. bryan324

Thanks for having me again! I had a blast guys.

29. phins_4_ever

Was great seeing you again. Don't be a stranger.

30. phins_4_ever

Happy East 22 FH Tailgaters post Buffalo game (October 23, 2016)

14708157_10209604885733487_866708285486998472_n.jpg

31. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

Almost November!

32. phins_4_ever

And it all starts with the Jets. :up:

33. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

And Fiheaven has rsvp'd for web weekend.... damn shame you won't be there p4e.

34. phins_4_ever

I know it sucks. Me booking and your announcement came within a couple of days. If I would have known that before I could have postponed the cruise by a week. But hey, there is always a next year.
    But the good thing for you is: if the pieces fall in place for the Dolphins you may go to a game to watch a 6-4 Dolphins team on a 5-game winning streak, fighting for a playoff spot and Hard Rock being packed for the first time in a long time.:up: Make sure you guys have a beer on me. :brewskis:

35. MiggeMadness

MiggeMadness Starter

On my way to my first game in Miami! Hope I can find you. Can't wait!

36. phins_4_ever

You did find us....
    Was nice meeting you.

It's Jets Sunday babyyyyyy...and Dolfans know their beer. :lol:
    IMG_20161106_1028319.jpg IMG_20161106_1028319.jpg

IMG_20161106_1134179.jpg

37. MiggeMadness

MiggeMadness Starter

Thanks again for the the hospitality! Was great to have somewhere to hang out before the game, coming from so far away!! It was great to meet u and Barry. And what an amazing experience for my first game down there!

38. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

I got my tickets for the 49ers game. We are in section 132. Can't wait for the tailgate. I will be in Miami for one day, Tuesday, then go on a cruise ,and back to Miami for the game. Does anyone have any must see sites or places to eat etc etc. For the Tuesday night we have in Miami?

39. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Is there a MetLife Takeover again this year?

Edit: Never mind. Found it.

40. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

I think I am going to the Jet game at Met Life, as well. Is there a big turn out of Phans?

41. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Thanks for the thread. I've really been enjoying it even though I'm up in the Arctic in wisconsin. Honestly, this thread alone makes me want to plan a trip to visit with you guys. Hopefully I find inspiration in our team to make it a reality. Go phins

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

42. phins_4_ever

What cruise are you going on?
    Where are you located locally?

43. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

That depends. Is around a thousand people a lot?

44. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

A cruise to Cozumel on Royal Caribean. We are staying in Ft Lauderdale at the Embassy Suites on the Tuesday before the game.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

That is awesome! IS there a thread on this? I am going to go if its a meaningful game. I live a couple hours north in Albany.

45. phins_4_ever

Which ship? Are you sailing out of Miami?

Good spot.
    Are you looking for food? Casual? Night spots? Do you have a rental car?

46. scodoublet

scodoublet Zeroed In Donator

I am going with my Bro and our wives.
    Can't wait!

http://dolfansnyc.com/tag/metlife-takeover/

47. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

Big foody. Like to memorable things. Not a big club guy.

48. phins_4_ever

Across from you you have a classic Florida fish food restaurant. It is casual. On Cordova Drive. Southport Raw Bar. Get there early and get a table at the side canal of the Intracoastal.
    Across from Southport Raw Bar you have Quarterdeck, typical Sportsbar.

If you like Italian you have two nearby. Bravo Ristorante is across from you. Right past the Starbucks.
    (Go to the other side of 17th Av, and go right. Starbucks is to your left and Bravo Ristorante is in the next plaza to the left. Walking distance: appox 10min)
    Carrabbas Italian Grill is on the side of the Embassy. When you come out of the hotel turn right. Walking distance approx 5 min.

Right across from the Embassy you have Waxy Irish Pub. Good Irish food and beer.

In the plaza behind the Embassy you have Duffy's and an Asian Bistro.

Oh, if you like seafood there is Boatyard as well. Walking I would guess about 15 min. It has more outdoor waterside seating than Southport.

If you have a car I can give you some additional restaurants within a 15 min drive. If you are into more classy stuff I got some recommendations as well.

If you want to and I am still in town that day I could take you and your better half around town.

49. Finfan4lyfe91

Finfan4lyfe91 Well-Known Member

This thread is awesome! Especially for us out of towners. I've got a group of 20 coming to the cardinals game. I'd love to swing by. Not with all 20 but a few. I'll make sure we have cash. Hope to meet you guys soon!!

50. phins_4_ever

Just wanted to wish all my tailgate aficionados an awesome tailgate Sunday and a great game.
    And to staff and VIPs hope that you had a great time at the web weekend with the Dolphins. All eager to hear and see reports and opinions.

Go Dolphins. One game at a time. Make us believers again.