**The Fire Larry Coker Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Fire Larry Coker Thread**

here's a good article
http://miami.scout.com/2/566185.html

and here's a snippet from it that tells a very big tale about coker's win/loss record

" Coker continues to get a free ride and we continue hearing about his remarkable 53-10 record from the national media that simply don’t have a clue.

But that record is a fraud.

With Butch Davis’ recruits, he was 24-0 until the referee stole the Fiesta Bowl. It was hard not to be 24-0 with that much talent. Since that 24-0 start, Coker is 29-10. That’s a .743 winning percentage. That might be good enough at Oklahoma State or Tulsa where 9-3 brings about a block party, but in Miami, good is not good enough. The standard of excellence at the University of Miami is Mount Everest-like. Miami has won 5 National Championships since 1983 and has played for at least four more. But this championship program is looking less and less like it each and every year.

Miami is 11-6 in the ACC. Miami has lost games to Georgia Tech at home with an ACC Championship game appearance at stake, North Carolina and Clemson. Not to mention FSU twice and Virginia Tech at home with a BCS bid at stake.

Back-to-back 9-3 records are the exact reason the Orange Bowl WAS NOT sold out for the Florida State game. Those records simply are not acceptable. Period. Coker can delude himself all day and say we’ve got great players, but we don’t. His recruits for the most part are average. For every stud he’s recruited, he’s recruited three that don’t belong here. And if Miami isn’t sitting on a 12-1 record at the end of this season, he shouldn’t be here either."

i hate larry coker, i hope he goes to hell, he doesnt know the meaning of making adjustments.

I think Butch Davis's contract with the Browns ends after this season which means he can field offers.

I fully expect him to return to Miami. Even though he and Larry are close friends and replacing Larry will be tough emotionally, there is no better job for Butch out there.

Damn, I'd take a Coker assassination over George W. Bush.

That's pretty sad......

This team consistently gets worse under this guy.

Watching them get embarrased by Louisville, I'm gonna have to agree here. It seems impossible for them to put more than 10 points on the board against a ranked team.

Fire Coker! This guy is terrible. They get worse as the game goes on and they get worse every game that passes by

The Blueprint said:
Damn, I'd take a Coker assassination over George W. Bush.

That's pretty sad......

Your post is sad. Wishing death on anyone:shakeno:

Is there any doubt Coker must go. I doubt you could find ten people who aren't family who would agree he needs to stay.

Question: Will Larry be the head coach on Monday???

If L'ville runs it up here with their back-up QB and this game turns ugly, they might wack him Monday

23Ronnie23 said:
is it possible to be this bad with this much talent

The talent on this team is great . . . top 10 . . .but these guys are so lost against any kind of competition. Everybody needs to go man, just rebuild man . . . these guys are funny talking about its not right to think about firing Coker . . . he doesn't have what it takes to coach this program. I have defended him for the longest, but the FSU game and now this debocle . . . just no adjustments at all . . . even Petrino went hurry up, Coker needs to go . . . I hope Louiville puts the hurting on them, I want this guy to hear and see what people think of him . . . because he doesn't have what it takes. Even Shanahan . . u see we can't cover these guys man to man . . . what are u doing . . praying? This wont be the last loss this season either . . . Va Tech, Ga Tech . . . 2 pressure defenses will take this team out as well. 4 losses will break the back for Coker.

Back
Top Bottom