The first "Time to look ahead" thread "The Jets".... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The first "Time to look ahead" thread "The Jets"....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Everyone is still stuck on the Texans loss and seem to forget that we have a much more important game coming up, in fact this could be one of the most important games of the season ....Yesterday is Yesterday and even if we wouldve won, how long can we celebrate for? So for me, its Time to look ahead....some Q's i got for next weeks game....

-Will the Jets have an advantage do to the 3 extra days of rest?

-Will the Dolphins have an Advantage by having a fresher loss in there minds?

-How will the team respond when put in these kind of tough situations?

Sometimes i think Wanny bluffed the gameplan vs the texans so the Jets wouldnt prepare for Ricky... and figured that even with a bluffed gameplan we'd beat the Texans.....The only tape the jets get to work with is more Pass plays than anything and if you ask me i doubt thats whats gonna happen this coming week....we are going to see Ricky run loose.....so,

-Did we bluff on our gameplan so the Jets wouldnt prepare for whats coming?

I hope we kick the jets a$$ so hard they have to clear their throat to fart.

no...I don't think that we bluffed the gameplan...preseason is over...yesterday's game counted. And so what if we did not want to reveal how we would use R. Williams against the Jets in week 2...all they need to do is watch film of him the last two times we played the Jets. It is really simple....the Players did not execute on the field yesterday and the coaches made some bad calls in critical times. The Fiedler int. came at a really bad time...who do you blame...the coaching staff or Fiedler???

There is plenty film on how we use R. Williams...I don't think we want to hide plays so we could use them against the Jets...The Jets will get to work off the film from the last two times we played them...and off of all the R. Williams film last year. He's been here for a whole season.

We line up and say...stop us if you can...this is what we do...and the Texans stopped us!!!

Smash mouth football is what the Fins are all about and we got smashed in the mouth yesterday...oh, by the way...did J. Taylor play yesterday???

GO FINS!!!

The Jets will probably beat the Dolphins at home. The dolphins are a fragile team, and Wannie doesn't have or instill the mental toughness necessary to bounce back from a loss like this with a victory in the Meadowlands. Until they prove otherwise, I think we may be in store for a 7 or 8 win season.

Originally posted by WHRBie
The Jets will probably beat the Dolphins at home. The dolphins are a fragile team, and Wannie doesn't have or instill the mental toughness necessary to bounce back from a loss like this with a victory in the Meadowlands. Until they prove otherwise, I think we may be in store for a 7 or 8 win season.

Yep. That's why we need to can Wanny and take our chances with Turner for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by lotion
I hope we kick the jets a$$ so hard they have to clear their throat to fart.

:eek: :lol: :eek: :lol:

I don't think the gameplan was the problem. The players didn't take this team seriously and they weren't ready, period. They got there heads handed to them and now it is up to them to respond.
I say lotion gets his wish.

Re: The first "Time to look ahead" thread "The Jets"....

Originally posted by Predaphin34
...-Will the Jets have an advantage do to the 3 extra days of rest?

-Will the Dolphins have an Advantage by having a fresher loss in there minds?

-How will the team respond when put in these kind of tough situations?...

1- No I don't think the Jets will have an advantage due to more time when coach Herm has given the team the weekend off.

2- Maybe, it's a possibilty.

3- If last year is any indication, this team does not take losses well. A lot of ego's in that locker room.

Bottom line is who executes without error. Clearly Ricky can be held to a low yardage game. The Jets weakness is more on offense and the defense is being called to hold the fort , and put up a fairly better defensive showing this year than against Buffalo last year in their opener. If the Jets can execute, the game will be close. If not they will have to hope that the Phish fall asleep at the wheel. The Jets cannot get into a shootout or they will lose. The Dolphins are still the better team on paper but will their hearts follow suit?

like I have stated before it's not going to be easy for the Phins to come into the Meadowlands and win

it has been a long time since the Phins won at the meadowlands i might be wrong but it may be as far as 1998..

both teams are reeling right now, turnovers, sound special team play will be the key here..

we shall see..

no games are easy in this league. both teams have something to prove, and it should be a good game. the attitude of this board reminds me of jets fans last year calling for herm's head before pennington came in and saved the season.

our offensive line is going to have to play MUCH better because abraham was looking like he was in top form the other night.

Originally posted by DPlus47
no games are easy in this league. both teams have something to prove, and it should be a good game. the attitude of this board reminds me of jets fans last year calling for herm's head before pennington came in and saved the season.

our offensive line is going to have to play MUCH better because abraham was looking like he was in top form the other night.

Don't forget Shaun Ellis. He got the other 2 sacks.

And with Chad going down and with all the off-season carnage Herm's job is safe to a point. Unless he makes totally boneheaded decisions he'll be here for at least another year.

All we can do is hope that the Jets defense plays the run and pass better or the Dolphins walk away with an easy "W". Also Vinny's timing hopefully improved over last week. If not there will be plenty of int's to go around. Curtis needs to pick it up or this will be his last hoorah.

Besides that, I'm feeling really confident of the Jets chances at home.

:goof:

Originally posted by DenniYork

Don't forget Shaun Ellis. He got the other 2 sacks.

:goof:

i just couldn't remember his name. he looked good. i started worrying about the jets' d-line watching that game. and that was before watching the texans game. maybe that was the phins' problem as well?

you have every reason to be confident in your team at home. the dolphins have to seriously bounce back to take one there. i think they'll get it done. as long as the o-line keeps fiedler off his back and they get ricky going.

i like herm. i side with the jets' fans who blame bradway (and hackett to an extent). if you're gonna run the WCO, get a backup QB who can run the WCO...

I think Herm iis awesome for his motivational speaches, I just have to be careful when they show his locker room brouhahas when he is getting his guys fired up, it might make me cheer for the Jets, but first I'd have to have a lobotomy for that :jk: . Seriously though, Herm is an awesome guy and I just hope he doesn't have the same succes in building a team like he's had in the past!

Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
I think Herm iis awesome for his motivational speaches

yeah but sometimes this can be bad....he pumps up his team so much that they start beating up each other, or they start buying more illegal drugs, or they start taking it out on civilians in restauraunts.....and then those players dont get to play becuz of suspension

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom